One bedrooms

When we stay at BWV, love the 1 BR even though its only 2 of us.
At Kidani, we often stay at a studio, but have loved the 1BRs when we stay there instead.

Us too! We are a family of three and the space, including the kitchen and laundry, is what makes dvc worth it to us.

I originally bought DVC in 2000 for my mom and I to stay in a 1 bedroom twice a year, OKW and BWV. We loved it! After she passed away, I’ve been taking friends and am doing studios to stretch points for the newer resorts. Usually alternate BWV and another. Doing BWV next month, Riviera in April. Riviera takes so many more points.

I often get a 1 bedroom just for me.

Well, then at least I won't be the first solo to get a 1 BR. I'm staying in a 1 BR solo in January. I've always wanted to stay at VGF, preferably in a Lakeview, but could never get a studio there. Then this year, I found availability for a 1 BR lakeview in January, and since we had extra points, due to Covid, I'll finally get to try VGF.

We booked a 2BR at OKW with the intention of our in-laws joining us, but they decided not to go. I thought about moving my family of 5 to a 1BR or studio and possibly staying longer, but the thought of having that much space for 7 nights sounds glorious. I am looking forward to everyone having their own bed, the teen boys having their own bedroom and mom and dad having their own bedroom for the first time. I am the early riser of the group along with DD7 who will sleep in the living room. I am looking forward to the mornings I wake up early, making coffee and sitting out on the patio.

On the downside, 1 bedrooms tend to be the worst values in terms of points compared to cash.
But I agree with the sentiment in this thread... A big part of the reason I purchased DVC was the "upsell" to a suite experience, full kitchen, laundry, having a living room.
The studios aren't really better than staying in a hotel room.

We are “Vacationers“ as well. And like many it drove our follow on purchases beyond our first contract. We do short 1-2 night studio stays but 1 BR’s are our main bookings, especially for 4-5 nights as we spend a fair amount of time there, cook, unload etc.

Count us as another 1-bedroom or bigger only family as well. It’s seeped into our other vacations too. If we aren’t renting a home from VRBO we have started to find cash rooms at other vacation clubs like Hilton and Marriott to meet our full bedroom needs :)

When we stay at BWV, love the 1 BR even though its only 2 of us.
At Kidani, we often stay at a studio, but have loved the 1BRs when we stay there instead.
Oh those Kidani one-bedrooms are so cool with the huge washroom PLUS another one! Wow. And so much cheaper than the other one-bedroom resort BLT (though I do love it there also.)

Studios mostly for wife and me. Twice as many stays.
yeah, were with you there. we will not under any circumstances share a studio with another couple or children (well, with anyone), but a one bedroom for just the two of us is silly to us. we dont go on vacation to cook (love of full kitchen and fridge), do laundry (love of the washer and dryer), or get away from eachother (love of more room to spread out), so a one bedroom when its just us two is a waste of points in our opinion. not that we are hating on one bedroom lovers. its just noting that there is a "studio lovers" category that isnt "because that all we can afford". we would vote for future resorts having two people studios, deluxe studios, two bedrooms, and three bedrooms in a 25%, 50%, 25% for the first three and only 2 three bedrooms total (rounding the percentages). ah, that would be a dream resort! we have a two bedroom at riviera for sept 25 to oct 2 confirmed this morning, by the way. i wonder if there is a thread on who has what for the 50th...

We have never stayed in a studio at DVC even though it's just the 2 of us. We are tall and need the King size bed. We also love the washer/dryer and full kitchen. Glad to be part of the minority!

If it’s just my husband and myself - we get a 1BR - more than that we’ll get a 2br or multiple villas...I would never put an adult on a sofa bed...

You all & your 1-bedroom love are concerning me. I’ve always been a studio-only girl. I like my points & I’d rather stay longer... always wanting more and all that. 😉 But you all make some very great points here too! (pun intended)

Here’s the concern: this Dec my hubby and I are taking another couple with us to Disney. Hubby wanted separate bedrooms, but preferred also having a common area, which clearly equals a 2-bedroom... we’re booked at BLT and I’m super excited! This will be my very first time staying in a true villa (that’s right- I’m a villa virgin)... so I’m bracing myself for a serious spoiling!! I hope I can recover from it quickly so the addonitis bug doesn’t bite me again 😆 (I suppose reading these posts isn’t helping me either... I might need to step away 😂)

You all & your 1-bedroom love are concerning me. I’ve always been a studio-only girl. I like my points & I’d rather stay longer... always wanting more and all that. 😉 But you all make some very great points here too! (pun intended)

Here’s the concern: this Dec my hubby and I are taking another couple with us to Disney. Hubby wanted separate bedrooms, but preferred also having a common area, which clearly equals a 2-bedroom... we’re booked at BLT and I’m super excited! This will be my very first time staying in a true villa (that’s right- I’m a villa virgin)... so I’m bracing myself for a serious spoiling!! I hope I can recover from it quickly so the addonitis bug doesn’t bite me again 😆 (I suppose reading these posts isn’t helping me either... I might need to step away 😂)
Well, maybe you could put yellow caution tape over the couch in the living room and around the refrigerator and the freezer and across the stove and across the washing machine and dryer so that you don’t use them. Otherwise, you may be making an appointment with the DVC guides or looking up the resale agencies! :duck:

Well, maybe you could put yellow caution tape over the couch in the living room and around the refrigerator and the freezer and across the stove and across the washing machine and dryer so that you don’t use them. Otherwise, you may be making an appointment with the DVC guides or looking up the resale agencies! :duck:
Sooo true!!! 😂😂😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter