One day, thoughts?

cpfolk

Mouseketeer
My husband and I have one full day post cruise to complete our 25th anniversary trip. Not sure whether to plan a full Park day or to try a MVMCP which we have never done. It’s one or the other.

Is the party worth it? Please help teachers who only visit in July

Critty

I can’t speak specifically to MVMCP because we’re going for the first time this year, but we went to the Halloween party last year and it was just about my favorite thing ever. That being said, I think it depends on what kind of theme park people you are. Do you go primarily for the rides? Then I would suggest a full park day. Not all of the rides are open during the party. If you’re looking for atmosphere and holiday spirit, then definitely the party.

The party allows you to ride with less waits but not all attractions will be open. However, you're allowed to get into the park 3 hours before the party starts so you can ride the rides that will be closed during the party. I think the party is worth it. On party day, Magic Kingdom will be closed early any way so you may end up with more things done during the party.

It’s our first time during the holidays at WDW. Just looking to capture some Christmas magic. We do love Epcot, but I would be a little disappointed if we didn’t see much in the way of holiday decorations.

My husband could give or take rides, and I don’t have a list of must dos at any park. We haven’t been to the world together in a few years, so any Disney Magic would be fine. The fact that we aren’t chasing kids will be magic all on its own!

For me, it would depend on how much running I'd be doing on the cruise. If I had a daily shore excursion, then I would probably take the day to relax and do the party in the late afternoon/evening.

For me I would choose the MVMCP since you have never done it and being it’s your anniversary I would want to make it special with the memory of the Christmas party

OK, maybe I am aligned with PSuGuy, but I would take out a one day park hopper and do both MK for the MVMCP during the evening/night and Epcot World Showcase during the day. MVMCP is what you make of it...if you have the spirit it will be great during the nighttime hours. The Epcot WS provides Christmas theming and national Christmas oriented dining "treats" (for purchase) during the daytime hours.

I would do the party. Our first family trip was in a November, but we have since switched to May because of school schedules. I sort of regret not going to the party when we had the chance, because I can’t imagine whenever it will be a possibility for us again.

Another vote for the party. You can enter at 4 pm. You can schedule Fast Passes between 4-7 pm. Then the party is 7 to midnight. You get the Christmas parade & fireworks, snow on Main Street, rides with shorter lines, free cookies and beverages, photopass photos, lots of character meet & greets, and a very festive atmosphere.

It’s our first time during the holidays at WDW. Just looking to capture some Christmas magic. We do love Epcot, but I would be a little disappointed if we didn’t see much in the way of holiday decorations.

My husband could give or take rides, and I don’t have a list of must dos at any park. We haven’t been to the world together in a few years, so any Disney Magic would be fine. The fact that we aren’t chasing kids will be magic all on its own!

The Party if you are really leaning to the MK.

I am with the others who suggest Epcot. I think the decorations are gorgeous, and it is filled with Holiday Storytellers. I also would book a Candlelight dining package on the day you are there and enjoy that experience. It is beautiful.

Of the two parks, Epcot WS is the more fully immersed in decorations, IMO. In the MK they are mostly on Main Street.

OK, maybe I am aligned with PSuGuy, but I would take out a one day park hopper and do both MK for the MVMCP during the evening/night and Epcot World Showcase during the day. MVMCP is what you make of it...if you have the spirit it will be great during the nighttime hours. The Epcot WS provides Christmas theming and national Christmas oriented dining "treats" (for purchase) during the daytime hours.
If you did just Epcot during the day and MVMCP at night, you wouldn't need a park hopper ticket. Just a one day base ticket and the party ticket.

I'd do the Christmas party - you've never done it. I'd also focus on the party unique stuff and not bother with the rides as much. The same things you see on your July trips are pretty much what you'll see on this trip in terms of rides. You could spend the other part of the day touring some of the resorts and their Christmas decorations - see the gingerbread houses in the GF, etc. Unless your heart says go to Epcot for the Candlelight Processional or something at Epcot I'd do the party. I've been to the CP and Epcot and it wasn't as cool as the party - for me. You can get into the MK at 4pm with your MVMCP ticket so that's 3 hours of non-party time to ride stuff and 5 hours of party - 8 hours of park time which is pretty good chunk. If you go to WDW routinely then do something you've never done and MVMCP is worth it I think!

You all have been so helpful. We are not every year Disney people. There have been four family trips in 16 years - just too many other places to see! That’s what makes a decision like this so challenging!

We pulled the trigger on party tickets. We may take a monorail tour and grab a late lunch to see some additional Christmas decorations before the party. I think this will be a fun night.

Thanks so much for your thoughtful responses!

Another vote for the party. You can enter at 4 pm. You can schedule Fast Passes between 4-7 pm. Then the party is 7 to midnight. You get the Christmas parade & fireworks, snow on Main Street, rides with shorter lines, free cookies and beverages, photopass photos, lots of character meet & greets, and a very festive atmosphere.
You can only schedule FP between 4 and 6 as that is when the park closes to regular guests. 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30, 5:30-6:00 are the recommended times.

I hope you enjoy the party! This will be our first year too and I am really looking forward to it.

Pretty sure Wilderness Lodge is great for Christmas decor. You can hop a little boat from the Contemporary!

DD and I were in Orlando in 2013 for a music event. We left the event on Sunday, went to MNSSHP on Sunday evening, then had a marathon day at the parks on Tuesday - we started the day in MK so DD could meet Peter Pan, stayed until lunch, went over to Hollywood Studios for the day, left HS after Fantasmic and went over to the poly and grabbed some food at Captain Cook's, and then went over to MK for EMH until midnight. It was a crazy 15 hour day in the parks but it was worth it to me. :P

Breakfast at the Grand Floridian to see the gingerbread house and decorations. Monorail to the contemporary to see the Christmas decorations there. Boat to the Wilderness Lodge to see the amazing decorations there. Boat back to MK to make 4 pm party entry and MVMCP until close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter