One Expensive Haircut

TakeMe2Disney13

Earning My Ears
Hey guys! I stumbled across the disboards just a few weeks ago, but I've enjoyed reading everyone's PTR and TR that I wanted to join in the fun. I'm just playing by ear with this thread, but I think I'll start with a short introduction.

My name is Christina, my husband Travis and I have been married for 5 years and live in Nicholasville, KY. We have three boys, Elijah (12) Trace (8) and Colton (11months).

Growing up we didn't vacation a lot, but I did have the chance to visit Disney at a young age. Way before Animal Kingdom was ever open. But I just knew I had to take my boys atleast once to Disney. Our first Disney family vacation was October 2016. And that's when I feel in love with Walt Disney World. I just love everything about the place. The planning, the magical feeling when driving under the welcome sign, seeing my kids face light up. I could really go on and on but I think a lot of you understand the feeling I speak of.
3.jpeg

Since our first visit, we've had an adult trip in May 2017, and again as a family in October 2018 when we had a new addition tag along with us this time. Baby brother Colton.

2.jpg

Last October was super hot, I think we could of went in August and seen no difference in the heat. I can remember before even checking out, we had decided we were planning on Dec 2019 for our next trip. We skipped the bounce back offer because we aren't Dining Plan people, and were thinking of renting DVC points instead. Dates have been thrown back and forth and still aren't set in stone for that trip. I better get on that!

Now to add some back story I just recently found out about the Harmony Barbershop offering First Haircut Packages and really needed to make this happen for Colton. He would nearly be two by the time we made it back to WDW, could we hold off on a haircut for THAT long? And this is where my brilliant "quick" trip in April was born.

4.jpg

I am doing some back tracking for this PTR since a lot of the planning originally began December-ish.

Now that the idea of a short trip back to WDW was in the air, I began looking around at dates and packages. The only reasonable answer was spring break, but sadly with timesharing Elijah and Trace would be with their bio dad for the week. I found out they were planning on taking them to Dollywood in TN so they would have some fun too. To ease my mom guilt of not taking them I asked them if they would feel left out if we went, they gave us the go ahead.

The trip was originally planned to be a 3 night 2 day ticket, April 1-4th, then it grew a night until the 5th and a 3 day ticket at All Star Music. It's on my bucket list to stay at every Disney resort so this place was perfect for wanting to keep this trip "cheapish". We booked well after the 180 ADR day, but thought about keeping dining simple this trip. I do have Boathouse booked for our arrival day, it was that or Paddlefish. Travis picked Boathouse. And I may add Yak and Yeti because it's my favorite!

Fast pass day quickly approached, I had to be at work at 7:30 so I went in late so I wouldn't have to rush. By this time, I usually have my park days picked out with a list of the FP and times. Instead I was going to let the FP availability decide my park days. My main priority was FOP and SDD of course. I was able to get FOP no problem for my ideal day, but SDD was a no go. I started clicking around to find a bunch left for the Friday we were originally checking out. Without a second thought, I picked it and the rest of the FP for that Friday. And there we have added an additional night to our trip and bumped it up to 4 park days.

I tried my luck at modifying my reservations to add the extra night. And no luck! Music is all booked, as is everything value.

Any suggestions on where to stay our last night after a day in Hollywood Studios ? Just a nice clean place to lay our head down before we check out.​

I am doing some back tracking for this PTR since a lot of the planning originally began December-ish.

Now that the idea of a short trip back to WDW was in the air, I began looking around at dates and packages. The only reasonable answer was spring break, but sadly with timesharing Elijah and Trace would be with their bio dad for the week. I found out they were planning on taking them to Dollywood in TN so they would have some fun too. To ease my mom guilt of not taking them I asked them if they would feel left out if we went, they gave us the go ahead.

The trip was originally planned to be a 3 night 2 day ticket, April 1-4th, then it grew a night until the 5th and a 3 day ticket at All Star Music. It's on my bucket list to stay at every Disney resort so this place was perfect for wanting to keep this trip "cheapish". We booked well after the 180 ADR day, but thought about keeping dining simple this trip. I do have Boathouse booked for our arrival day, it was that or Paddlefish. Travis picked Boathouse. And I may add Yak and Yeti because it's my favorite!

Fast pass day quickly approached, I had to be at work at 7:30 so I went in late so I wouldn't have to rush. By this time, I usually have my park days picked out with a list of the FP and times. Instead I was going to let the FP availability decide my park days. My main priority was FOP and SDD of course. I was able to get FOP no problem for my ideal day, but SDD was a no go. I started clicking around to find a bunch left for the Friday we were originally checking out. Without a second thought, I picked it and the rest of the FP for that Friday. And there we have added an additional night to our trip and bumped it up to 4 park days.

I tried my luck at modifying my reservations to add the extra night. And no luck! Music is all booked, as is everything value.

Any suggestions on where to stay our last night after a day in Hollywood Studios ? Just a nice clean place to lay our head down before we check out.​

What about one of the Disney Springs hotels. We stayed at the Wyndam right across the street and loved it!

I remember wanting to take my DD to get her first haircut on Main Street for her first visit, however she ended up being as bald as a 8 ball until she was about 2. She didn't need her first haircut until almost 5 years old!

What about one of the Disney Springs hotels. We stayed at the Wyndam right across the street and loved it!

I remember wanting to take my DD to get her first haircut on Main Street for her first visit, however she ended up being as bald as a 8 ball until she was about 2. She didn't need her first haircut until almost 5 years old!

Why didn't I think of that? Did Wyndam have any resort or parking fees?

Why didn't I think of that? Did Wyndam have any resort or parking fees?
I think they all have resort fees and parking fees. I know Doubletree doesn't have resort fees but does charge for parking. I am staying at the B resort in March with a Priceline express deal for $107/n. Even with the resort fee of $30 it's still a pretty good rate. You might want to check out Townplace suites at the west gate by AK. It looks nice there too and I don't think they have additional fees. Good luck and happy planning!

The Wyndham does have a resort fee of $25.00 I think? And parking was about $15.00?

Sounds expensive, but if you can get a good deal it's worth it. You just have to cross a walking bridge over the street and you are right in Disney Market place. You get all the same benefits that on property resorts have too. We only stayed one night and they upgraded us to a fireworks/downtown disney view and gave us champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for our anniversary.

There is two Wyndham resorts, one is the Wyndham Garden which is NOT the one we stayed at.

The Wyndham does have a resort fee of $25.00 I think? And parking was about $15.00?

Sounds expensive, but if you can get a good deal it's worth it. You just have to cross a walking bridge over the street and you are right in Disney Market place. You get all the same benefits that on property resorts have too. We only stayed one night and they upgraded us to a fireworks/downtown disney view and gave us champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for our anniversary.

There is two Wyndham resorts, one is the Wyndham Garden which is NOT the one we stayed at.

That sounds like it would be the ideal location. I'll look into those, thank you!

Flower and Garden menus are out! I'm making it a point this trip to try more booths, so I'll be spending this weekend looking over all the yummy offerings. Any suggestions on what we should try?

I thought I'd spend some time and work on the daily plans a little.
April 1st-April 5th All Star Music Resort
April 5th-6th Possible Disney Springs Resort (looking at the Priceline express deals)
Monday April 1st
We've got an 840 mile drive ahead of us. Thinking of leaving in the middle of the night, so Colton can sleep but he's kind of particular about his sleep. I'm expecting multiple stops and time added to they drive but I'm hoping we can make the drive in 13 hours.

A lot of this day will depend on arrival time. Rough estimate of ETA is 1ish, if the room is ready early the plan is to rest a bit (also if Colton allows it). Afterwards we will head to Disney Springs for our 5:15 reservation for The Boathouse. If the room isn't ready by arrival time, I'm thinking of moving our ADR to an earlier time and hitting Disney Springs.

Just thinking of the drive with a one year old makes me wish I bit the bullet and booked a flight. Now prices are more then what I'm willing to pay.

Tuesday April 2nd- EPCOT

We will RD Soaring and LWTL
9:40-10:40 FP The Seas With Nemo
11:15-12:15 FP Spaceship Earth
1:35-2:45 Frozen Ever After

Hoping to have some success with the single rider line for TT, can we do rider swap for that? Or will they go based on regular stand by?

My kids have always been excellent at road trips, they've been doing them since they were each about 6 months old so they're pretty used it. I credit the use of dvd players though, I don't think we could road trip without one. Just make a lot of rest stops and you'll be fine.

I don't have any experience with the single rider lines, so I can't help you there. Sorry.

Our countdown is at 21 days, and I just received our magic bands!
I hadn't been lucky adding a night at Music, but contacted a TA with Magical Vacation Travel, and they got me a night at Movies. So I'll be able to mark those two off my resort bucket list.

Wednesday April 3rd
Animal Kingdom

10:55 Kilimanjaro Safari
2:10 Everest
4:30 FOP

I'm really looking forward to a great day at AK, to kind of make up for our last trip. Last year it was our last day in the parks and the sun was beating down on us so it was a short day at AK. So I'm hoping to make up for it this time. We will rope drop Pandora hop on Na'vi River. I would of preferred an early FOP FP so we wouldn't have to back track later in the day. But a late FP is better then no FP.
I liked the idea of going with the flow and not being tied down to any ADR's during this trip. But now I'm regretting not booking Yak & Yeti, I enjoyed it a lot our first trip and really want to go back.
A must do this trip with be FOTLK. Missed it last year, and I will not miss it again.

Thursday April 4th
Magic Kingdom
9:40 Colton's Haircut!
10:55 BTM
12:40 7D
1:45 Space Mountain
7:45 Firework Dessert Party Plaza Garden View

Rope Drop wont be a big priority since Colton's haircut is close to opening time. I thought it would be best to FP the rides that we will use rider swap for. Less time waiting in line alone was my thinking. I'd like to fit in all the rides Colton can ride with us as well, with Buzz and Pooh being two main priorities. And I'm really wanting to meet Mickey and Minnie in their celebration outfits. Dang maybe I should rope drop and head to Town Square
I'm really looking forward to the dessert party. If we enjoy it, I'd like to take Elijah and Trace in the future. Hopefully Colton will corporate since he's used to being in bed by 8pm.

Friday April 5th
Hollywood Studios
10:55 TOT
12:00 RNR
4:40 SDD

…………….

Oh boy we are in the single digits now, 6 days to be exact.
I've been so busy these last few weeks with work, soccer practice and just every day life. But I wanted to update a bit. Travis requested last week that he wanted to do atleast one breakfast ADR. We all really enjoyed 1900 Park Fare in Oct, but I really wanted to try something new. We are all big fans of crepes, and I seen where Cape May has a crepe bar. So that won my husband over for sure. I scheduled it for mid morning on our Epcot morning, hoping it will be a quick walk over to Beach Club.

I put in a fax through touringplans, I didn't book preferred rooms but my only request was anything on the first floor close to parking since we will be driving to the parks (Minnie Van for Magic Kingdom).

And it looks like we have decided to leave Sunday before Colton's afternoon nap. The idea of driving all night and arriving to Disney Monday super tired didn't sound to appealing.

Also, some exciting news. I went ahead and rented DVC points for November 16-23rd. I went back and forth with dates, originally planning for the second week of December. But decided it would be great to go for Trace's 9th birthday! We are booked for a Deluxe Studio at AKL Kidani Village Savannah View!

Now, even better news. When we check in on Monday we have decided to upgrade to Annual Passes!!!! I was just going to get one for myself because the two trips (8 park days), and two Memory Makers I'd be buying it sounded like a no brainer. But after discussing it, we talked about another Spring Break trip in 2020 before the AP expires, so both Travis and I will be getting passes.

Off work tomorrow so I'll be doing some packing and cleaning. I always hate to come home to a dirty house and piles of laundry.

I went ahead and rented DVC points for November 16-23rd.
Have you guys been in November, yet? I can't remember your past trips, BUT I will say that I loved the weather in November (on my fabulously long one day trip lol) and I really thought the crowds were decent! Love ya! Can't wait to get all the pictures and posts! Another facetime from the park like when you were in AK would be SUPER COOL TOO hehehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter