One night in a hotel before resort check-in

minniecarousel

Chris Isaak fan
We're flying in from th west coast & meeting family who live a lot closer. So rather than taking a red-eye, we think we'd rather fly in the day before. Any recommendations? And then how do we get to our WDW resort? Uber? I hate not using DNE, since it's included in the cost of staying on property.

I'm sure this has been discussed on the DISBoards before, but I can't find any threads via Search

some folks might say .. stay at a MCO Airport Area Hotel that has a shuttle.

The next day take the shuttle back to the Airport and meet with your friends and take the the DME to your Resort or take the DME and meet your friends later at your Resort.

Most likely all the Major Hotel Brands are in the Airport area.

Example .. Hilton MCO .. Marriott MCO .. etc

There is a Hotel in the Airport it is ..

Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport

Last edited:
We stayed at the Doubletree near Disney springs. That way we were able to go and enjoy an evening at Disney Springs. It was a about a 15 minute walk from our hotel. They also have buses that run to and from Disney Springs.

We stayed at Sheraton Suites right by MCO. We got it on Priceline for a little over $50 for the night. Tons of places right around MCO with free shuttles.

The MCO Hyatt that is within the airport is the ideal place to stay that night. Very nice hotel, good food and no need for transportation. Then you can just walk from the hotel to the Magical Express area of the airport to take the Magical Express to your Disney resort the next morning.

Last edited:
The MCO Hyatt is nice, but it is not cheap for a few hour stay. It does make it very convenient though. For what I can stay 2 miles away, I'll take a shuttle. Plus, a trip to Hooters for wings is always nice.,

Don't you need a hotel reservation on disney property to use Mag
The MCO Hyatt that is within the airport is the ideal place to stay that night. Very nice hotel, good food and no need for transportation. Then you can just walk from the hotel to the Magical Express area of the airport to go to Disney the next morning.
The MCO Hyatt that is within the airport is the ideal place to stay that night. Very nice hotel, good food and no need for transportation. Then you can just walk from the hotel to the Magical Express area of the airport to go to Disney the next morning.

magical express only ONLY if we reserve wdw hotel. yes?

We always stay at Buena Vista suites the night before check in. Its pretty cheap, has a free breakfast, and can accommodate our family of 6.

We got a one night at pop century the night before. Allows for magical express and can bellhop our luggage to the next resort. A bit more expensive but keeps it easy

Disney said we couldn't use magical express if we flew in the day before our reservations started. I had originally planed to stay at MCO so we could just get on the ME first thing in the morning and they wouldn't allow it since our flight info was for the day prior. We ended up renting a car (cheaper than shuttles) and staying at the Marriott Village. Spent the day at Disney Springs then returned our car to the Travel Center by Magic Kingdom the next day and Alamo took us to our Disney Hotel.

That is because you gave them the flight info from the day before. You can just give them some random flight the morning of your reservation. You have to bring your luggage though. No big deal. We fly in on 12/02. I will seek out a flight that arrives at about 6:30AM on 12/03, put that in as my flight information to DME.

Sounds like a great plan - finding another flight
But from our NY airport - only one flight per day to MCO with a late night arrival on JetBlue.

The value resort idea may be best and moving our luggage the next day to our WDW resort - but to expect it at our WDW resort - noon ? 3 PM? 6 PM? 11 PM? - Would it be best to ask for a taxi and move ourselves and our luggage ?

Or do the off site hotel shuttle from MCO the first night late arrival (10 PM)
then eat breakfast at the off site hotel and then use a car service with a food store stop before going to our WDW resort ?

What would you do?

But from our NY airport - only one flight per day to MCO with a late night arrival on JetBlue.

The value resort idea may be best and moving our luggage the next day to our WDW resort - but to expect it at our WDW resort - noon ? 3 PM? 6 PM? 11 PM? - Would it be best to ask for a taxi and move ourselves and our luggage ?

then eat breakfast at the off site hotel and then use a car service with a food store stop before going to our WDW resort ?

What would you do?

I'd stay at a Disney value the first night. That way you can use Magical Express. Pack what you all need for the first night in one bag. That way you won't be opening them all up scrounging around. Me, I'd let Disney move the bags--you most likely won't have a room that early anyway. Go enjoy yourselves at the park, and when your room is ready, call down and they will bring your bags up to you.

I've always thought staying at the Hyatt looks cool, but it is twice the cost of a value.

Disney Value: $125; MCO 3-4* $60 - $75. I would take the better accommodations near MCO, get to DME early and dropped off at resort around 7:30. Then, you can be at a park by 8:15.

I am cheap and will save money where ever I can. Even if I used Uber, I would save at least $25. Using Uber, I could wait to leave by 7:15 and be at the resort by 7:45.

I have this same problem as I found a cheap flight on Southwest for the day before. I went on to Priceline and booked a 3.5 star Condo near Disney for the one night and got a 3 bedroom villa for $95. We always rent a car anyway so this works for us. We are 4 adults and 2 children one being 1 years old. We know the car will be valuable with a baby

What would you do?
How does Disney know where you are flying from? What if you were on a business trip before this? Also, I read somewhere that if you don't put your flight information in, they just won't send you the luggage tags and you have to get your luggage yourself. Maybe that is an option. Does anyone know if this is correct? Please let us know how this works out.

Have you made reservations for Magic Express yet? If not, then give them flight info for a flight coming in the next day. Stay at an airport hotel that has a free shuttle. Then take the free shuttle back to the airport in the morning and meet up with Magic Express and let your Disney vacation begin. We are not doing anything Disney this year, but still going to Orlando. I have a reservation at Quality Inn Orlando Airport. They have a free shuttle that runs 24 hours. I just called them a few hours ago to confirm that. The person also added there is a complimentary hot breakfast with my stay. With taxes and fees it came to $62 for the night. We will arrive after 10pm also, and I am considering using the shuttle to take us to the hotel to sleep and shower. Then the next morning, after breakfast take the shuttle back over and pick up the rental car. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter