One Park Day at SDL

aleh021

Mouseketeer
Hey mouseketeers!

So this July we are heading back to TDR but this time we are doing a short layover in Shanghai (it made the flight much more affordable) and figured why not visit Shanghai Disney this time!

It is our first time visiting Shanghai Disney and this is how our itinerary looks.

We are staying at the Toy Story Hotel for the duration we are there.

July 4 (Thursday) - Fly out of Boston
July 5 (Friday) - Arrive in Shanghai at 2:50 PM / Visit Disney Town at night?
July 6 (Saturday) - Shanghai Disneyland Park
July 7 (Sunday) - Depart Shanghai to Tokyo, flight departs at 4:05 PM

My question is...

Will I be able to ride every attraction in one day? Depending on how busy it could be I might consider purchasing the Disney Concierge Service, which adds on about $120~ but if we are only visiting once it might be worth it?

I greatly appreciate any input!

Hey mouseketeers!

So this July we are heading back to TDR but this time we are doing a short layover in Shanghai (it made the flight much more affordable) and figured why not visit Shanghai Disney this time!

It is our first time visiting Shanghai Disney and this is how our itinerary looks.

We are staying at the Toy Story Hotel for the duration we are there.

July 4 (Thursday) - Fly out of Boston
July 5 (Friday) - Arrive in Shanghai at 2:50 PM / Visit Disney Town at night?
July 6 (Saturday) - Shanghai Disneyland Park
July 7 (Sunday) - Depart Shanghai to Tokyo, flight departs at 4:05 PM

My question is...

Will I be able to ride every attraction in one day? Depending on how busy it could be I might consider purchasing the Disney Concierge Service, which adds on about $120~ but if we are only visiting once it might be worth it?

I greatly appreciate any input!

You'll be able to get extra fast passes since you're staying on property, plus take advantage of early hotel entry. Purchase your tickets from the Hotel Concierge when you check in, instead of online beforehand, and you will be able to book your timeslots for your extra fastpasses.

Depending on crowd levels, you should be able to do all of the Shanghai exclusive rides. If you're trying to squeeze in everything, shows included, I don't think it's feasible in just a single day.

The park is quite large, so getting around does take some time and it will feel very rushed if you're running around non stop trying to squeeze everything in.

Last edited:
I would be worried about the crowd levels because it's a Saturday AND because that's about the time schools start finishing for the summer in China (late June-Mid July). Unfortunately, I don't know of a crowd calendar for SH disney yet, as I'd suggest looking the first Saturday of July to check it.
If the added cost of the concierge service is affordable, I'd add it just to be "safe". If it's kind of a make or break thing, prioritize what you have to see ahead of time. If there's more than 3-4 things that you'll regret missing, really consider that it's worth the expense. Like, honestly, Mine Train, Peter Pan, and Soarin' are some of the most popular rides! But, they're very similar, if not identical to rides in other parks. Is it worth 120 USD to say you went on them in SH? If it is, then go for it!

We did one day back in November. We bought the Disney Premier Access pass as soon as we got in the park and were able to do everything we wanted to do. I’d recommend doing that no matter what. We also stayed at the Toy Story Hotel and bought our tickets when we arrived. We got an extra fast pass by doing it this way.

We did one day back in November. We bought the Disney Premier Access pass as soon as we got in the park and were able to do everything we wanted to do. I’d recommend doing that no matter what. We also stayed at the Toy Story Hotel and bought our tickets when we arrived. We got an extra fast pass by doing it this way.

Awesome to hear! Considering we are only able to do one park day might as well get the premier access just in case!
That way we can do all the rides and then repeat the rides we really want to.

Not sure if we are going to watch the shows yet but rides and food are the top priority. :)

So how was the day? Were you able to do everything you wanted to do? We will be doing 1 day there in March and our priorities will be rides, food, and fireworks. Let me know if there are any don't miss things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!