One time use points?

MinniesYooHoo

With the cows and the chickens, they all sound lik
Can y'all give me some guidance on these? Other than not being able to purchase until the 7 month window opens, I know nothing else. How much are they per point? Are there any limitations on them? What do I need to know? Thank you!

They are $19 per point. You can get up to 24 per UY. You can only buy while making a reservation,

If you cancel the trip, the points go back into your account but expire at the end of the UY, To use them in a rebooking you have to call,

If you want to modify a trip online with them, it won’t work since they don’t show up and you have to call.

You can not set up a waitlist in which you would need to buy OTU points to fill it.

They are $19 per point. You can get up to 24 per UY. You can only buy while making a reservation,

If you cancel the trip, the points go back into your account but expire at the end of the UY, To use them in a rebooking you have to call,

If you want to modify a trip online with them, it won’t work since they don’t show up and you have to call.

You can not set up a waitlist in which you would need to buy OTU points to fill it.
This answers everything perfectly. Thank you so much!

I found out this year that OTU points are refundable if Disney cancels your trip! Thanks COVID.

I found out this year that OTU points are refundable if Disney cancels your trip! Thanks COVID.

They decided to yes, but they did not have to. Just don’t want people to think this is a policy that must continue.

They decided to yes, but they did not have to. Just don’t want people to think this is a policy that must continue.

I think in the case where they cancel your reservation and your points expire within a month, they kinda have to.

I think in the case where they cancel your reservation and your points expire within a month, they kinda have to.

Actually, they do not...nothing they have done to help people out in this situation had to be done.

But, it was unique and lots of points, so they did what makes sense. I agree it was a nice thing to do but also want people to be aware that not everyone was given a refund when there was time to use them before expiration,

Can y'all give me some guidance on these? Other than not being able to purchase until the 7 month window opens, I know nothing else. How much are they per point? Are there any limitations on them? What do I need to know? Thank you!

I was in the same situation yesterday when I was trying to make an additional one-day reservation.

It probably doesn't help you, but I learned a few new things.

I had made my DVC reservations at 11-months before SARS-CoV-2 for December.

I did the same for PCR reservation split stay.

But I decided to use my banked points to switch from PCR to DVC CCV.

I picked several days online with no problem.

As I saw more individual days show up, I would reserve them as long as it was a new check-in day.

Yesterday, the DVC Member website stopped me and said I had reached my 50% limit. and I needed just one point.

I forgot about that. Bummer.

I called DVC Member Services and as everyone has said:

24-maximum One Use Points per Use-Year.

As long as I make a reservation, I can still continue to use the remaining One Use Points until gone in that Use-Year.

For some reason, I thought I only had one reservation chance to use them or lose them.

Not true.

I knew I had to call DVC Member Services for One Use Points, but the cast member couldn't see my date on her computer screen.

I should have unchosen my date on my laptop.

It still wasn't available even though before this I had seen this particular date on my laptop.

The cast member said if I wanted to take a big chance I could reserve a CCV studio with a wheelchair accessible tub and waitlist the CCV studio with a wheelchair accessible roll-in shower for the same date.

I took a chance.

The next day the CCV studio with a wheelchair accessible roll-in shower showed up again even before my waitlist.

So online, I modified the CCV studio with a wheelchair accessible tub reservation and successfully changed to what I wanted which was a CV studio with a wheelchair accessible roll-in shower.

Then I deactivated the waitlist.

Long process for me.

But at least I know what to do next time.

I can only use 50% of my banked borrowed points.
Don't check the date I see available online.
Call DVC to make the reservation and to buy up to a maximum 24-One Use Points for that Use Year.

At 70yo, I'll probably forget this next year or be dead.

Last edited:
I was in the same situation yesterday when I was trying to make an additional one-day reservation.

It probably doesn't help you, but I learned a few new things.

I had made my DVC reservations at 11-months before SARS-CoV-2 for December.

I did the same for PCR reservation split stay.

But I decided to use my banked points to switch from PCR to DVC CCV.

I picked several days online with no problem.

As I saw more individual days show up, I would reserve them as long as it was a new check-in day.

Yesterday, the DVC Member website stopped me and said I had reached my 50% limit. and I needed just one point.

I forgot about that. Bummer.

I called DVC Member Services and as everyone has said:

24-maximum One Use Points per Use-Year.

As long as I make a reservation, I can still continue to use the remaining One Use Points until gone in that Use-Year.

For some reason, I thought I only had one reservation chance to use them or lose them.

Not true.

I knew I had to call DVC Member Services for One Use Points, but the cast member couldn't see my date on her computer screen.

I should have unchosen my date on my laptop.

It still wasn't available even though before this I had seen this particular date on my laptop.

The cast member said if I wanted to take a big chance I could reserve a CCV studio with a wheelchair accessible tub and waitlist the CCV studio with a wheelchair accessible roll-in shower for the same date.

I took a chance.

The next day the CCV studio with a wheelchair accessible roll-in shower showed up again even before my waitlist.

So online, I modified the CCV studio with a wheelchair accessible tub reservation and successfully changed to what I wanted which was a CV studio with a wheelchair accessible roll-in shower.

Then I deactivated the waitlist.

Long process for me.

But at least I know what to do next time.

I can only use 50% of my banked points.
Don't check the date I see available online.
Call DVC to make the reservation and to buy up to a maximum 24-One Use Points for that Use Year.

At 70yo, I'll probably forget this next year or be dead.

Banked points do not have a 50% rule, Only borrowed points so if you have banked points, those can be used 100%.

Here is what I have also learned about availBility I’d you happen to get the last one. If you make it to the end but don’t end up booking and back out, it does not show you any more for you,

You have to log out and log back in. What happened to you happened to me several times and I assumed someone got it,

But, after the first time it happened, I realized it!

You are absolutely right..."borrowed" points.

The same thing happened to me.

Thank you.

Banked points do not have a 50% rule, Only borrowed points so if you have banked points, those can be used 100%.

Here is what I have also learned about availBility I’d you happen to get the last one. If you make it to the end but don’t end up booking and back out, it does not show you any more for you,

You have to log out and log back in. What happened to you happened to me several times and I assumed someone got it,

But, after the first time it happened, I realized it!

Can one time use points be used at any resort? I just closed on my first resale VGF contract (YAY!) and wondered if I could buy one time use points for a stay at Riviera.

Can one time use points be used at any resort? I just closed on my first resale VGF contract (YAY!) and wondered if I could buy one time use points for a stay at Riviera.

They are only good at 7 months and only 24 per UY. We believe that someone should be able to use to book RIV...but so far, we have no actual reports.

It would only be enough for one night though.

They are only good at 7 months and only 24 per UY. We believe that someone should be able to use to book RIV...but so far, we have no actual reports.

It would only be enough for one night though.
Thanks for the scoop! 😊 Good to know. Seems better than renting points since you can use them toward another reservation instead of losing them if you need to cancel.

Thanks for the scoop! 😊 Good to know. Seems better than renting points since you can use them toward another reservation instead of losing them if you need to cancel.
Instead of "renting points" as an owner to add to your stay, you want to consider transferring points from another member to book your stay. You are limited to one transfer in or out per membership per UY, but once transferred into your account, they are yours to use as you see fit. They maintain the UY and resort. You cannot borrow transferred points, but you can bank them. You cannot transfer banked or borrowed points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!