One time use pts ?

babesboo99

Veteren Disney Vacationer
I am planning a trip next December 2021 and was thinking of inviting some family . My question is if I book 1 room at the 11 month window for my home resort will I be able to book the other room at the 7 month window if it's available? Also I would need 34 one time use pts would they go over the 24 pts and give me the extra 10 ?

They will not sell you more than 24 per UY. The only way to get more than that as part of one trip is when it crosses a UY.

If the rooms is available at 7 months you would be able to book it with non homes resort points, providing it’s not RIV...then you need pre 2019 points for that,

Depending on the type of room, it may or may not be easy to get it.

They will not sell you more than 24 per UY. The only way to get more than that as part of one trip is when it crosses a UY.

If the rooms is available at 7 months you would be able to book it with non homes resort points, providing it’s not RIV...then you need pre 2019 points for that,

Depending on the type of room, it may or may not be easy to get it.

I cut the trip a day to see and all I would need is 4 pts. My question now is can I book my room at the 11 month window assuring my room is booked than at the 7 month window book theirs ? My home is BCV I would prefer them to be there for convenience but would I be able to book them at AKL?

I cut the trip a day to see and all I would need is 4 pts. My question now is can I book my room at the 11 month window assuring my room is booked than at the 7 month window book theirs ? My home is BCV I would prefer them to be there for convenience but would I be able to book them at AKL?

If there are rooms, yes. But if you are asking if because you have your own room that will give you priority, the answer is no,

Depending on when you are going BCV is tough to get...unless you are lookin for a 1 bedroom which is a little easier,

But, from Sept to January, it’s near impossible to get studios at 7 month due to Food and Wine and the holidays, Summer, like July and August it’s a little easier.

ETA: Just read again. December is a tough month and I’d look to book both rooms at 11 months..at least as many nights as you can. I think getting BCV will be pretty tough.

If there are rooms, yes. But if you are asking if because you have your own room that will give you priority, the answer is no,

Depending on when you are going BCV is tough to get...unless you are lookin for a 1 bedroom which is a little easier,

But, from Sept to January, it’s near impossible to get studios at 7 month due to Food and Wine and the holidays, Summer, like July and August it’s a little easier.

ETA: Just read again. December is a tough month and I’d look to book both rooms at 11 months..at least as many nights as you can. I think getting BCV will be pretty tough.

I would like to book both rooms but if I have to use one time use pts I have to book the 2nd room at the 7 month window. The reason we bought at BCV is because we love the ease of going to Epcot and HS so I know what your saying it can be hard . Thats why we were told if you want that window there to buy at that resort and they were right. Lol. Now I'm Just wondering if I can book them at AKL at the 7 month window if there's availability if I do that I won't need one time use points.

I would like to book both rooms but if I have to use one time use pts I have to book the 2nd room at the 7 month window. The reason we bought at BCV is because we love the ease of going to Epcot and HS so I know what your saying it can be hard . Thats why we were told if you want that window there to buy at that resort and they were right. Lol. Now I'm Just wondering if I can book them at AKL at the 7 month window if there's availability if I do that I won't need one time use points.

But, you only really need the OTU points for the last night, correct? So, I’d book your family as many nights as you can at 11 months so you have most of the trip booked for them,

At 7 months, you will then be able to switch to AKL if there is room, or buy OTU points for BCV if there is room.

December is a busy time and much fills prior to 7 months at most resorts so no matter where you own, it’s going to be tough.

That is why getting your trip booked, and as many nights of your friends booked at 11 months is your best bet,

To add, there are so many more points around due to closure that next December may be even more difficult.

Those are very good ideas. I guess after this year people will be using them next year.. you make a good point I might have to go that way

You might want to skip inviting the family in 2021 since that is the 50th celebration and it will be even harder at seven months to book anything. Especially in Dec when it is much busier DVC-wise.

You might want to skip inviting the family in 2021 since that is the 50th celebration and it will be even harder at seven months to book anything. Especially in Dec when it is much busier DVC-wise.

I just decided not to invite them because I want more days for the 50th celebration..lol
We decided to invite them the following year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!