• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One way car rental

WDW2002

DIS Veteran
We will need to rent a car to get us to (for our flight to MCO) and then from the airport (to get us back home) . Which car rental places have one way car rentals? This will be to and from SFO.

We rented from National 4 weeks ago at MCO. They were running a 1-way out of Fla. special. We kept it 14 days, that was the max, and drove it to Me, it was a full size, all taxes and fees $277. Check their specials and see if it's still there.

WDW2002, You're kidding, right? Unless you live in Mendocino County or something, I think that you will find that it is cheaper to use a shuttle service from your home to the airport and back than it is to use one way rental cars in the Bay Area. If you're not kidding, you might try Enterprise or one of our other discounted agencies. We live in Hayward, Shuttle to OAK was $35 each way, not per person. SFO would have been $45 each way. Parking at SFO is $12-$15 per day, coupons and discounts are available if you drive and park. Some hotels will also let you Park & Fly. Where do you live?:)

Oh, Sorry WDW2. AllRighty then. Almost all car rental agencies allow one way rentals, at issue is cost. I don't know what agencies you have up north, but I would check out their prices online for 2 one ways and then give them a call. Alamo (when the website is working) or Enterprise are generally a little bit cheaper in Calif. & Nevada. You might be able to work out a deal since you will be bringing a car BACK to your local agency.

With that driving distance, another option might be a Park & Fly Hotel near SFO. I don't know which ones, but I know there are several that will let you book the night prior to your flight there, leave your car parked in their lot for the duration of your trip and will shuttle you back and forth to SFO. That might be a little cheaper than the 2 one ways. Good Luck.......Patti

Originally posted by pbhunt
Oh, Sorry WDW2.

NO problem :). I wish the airporter still came up here, that would be the ideal but they don't anymore.

I will call enterprise, I checked their site but they don't allow for one way trip quotes. The only other rental place I know of up here is Hertz.

Enterprise might be a little bit off-site from SFO. I haven't checked, but they should have a shuttle or service to SFO. We usually fly out of OAK. We really avoid SFO. CSAA has discounts codes for Hertz, send me a PM if you need them.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter