One week from Sunday

You need to show a passport to get a drink? I haven't heard of that. Once I actually got carded in a liquor store in Florida, I thought my daughters would die laughing. My drivers licence was enough.
They do require a passport if they ID you for alcohol. I've heard that in Florida a coloured photocopy would suffice but I'm not sure about California. That said, I'm 42 and didn't get ID'd once. I had drinks at restaurants, the WOC Dessert Party and from the drink stand on Paradise Pier.

They do require a passport if they ID you for alcohol. I've heard that in Florida a coloured photocopy would suffice but I'm not sure about California. That said, I'm 42 and didn't get ID'd once. I had drinks at restaurants, the WOC Dessert Party and from the drink stand on Paradise Pier.
I was in my 50's when they asked for my ID at a Florida liquor store :faint:. At first I thought clerk was joking with me! Good think she didn't ask for passport. I don't carry it around. I showed my DL. I haven't been asked since. I wonder why a DL wouldn't be ok. I guess daughter will be out of luck if she orders a drink. Not carrying passport around, esp since she once had her purse fall out of Space Mtn ride vehicle!!
But could print copy. We have a colour photocopy machine at home.

Last edited:

That's helpful! So she can take a photo of passport with her phone to show. That will work. So strange they won't accept non US DLs.
Probably a good idea to do for everyone traveling anyway.

You're going to DL, right? California laws are a bit tighter than elsewhere so your daughter may be refused if she does not have her actual passport. As always like everything, YMMV so she may be ok with the copy.

You're going to DL, right? California laws are a bit tighter than elsewhere so your daughter may be refused if she does not have her actual passport. As always like everything, YMMV so she may be ok with the copy.
Yup, DL. It's her first, and I haven't been in over 32 yrs!! So may as well be my first! Everything is so different.
I'll get her to take photo, and if they refuse her, not really a big deal. We rarely order drinks with dinner. Usually have a glass of wine in hotel room before heading out to dinner.
All this is great info. I've never heard of being asked for passport. So better to know and be prepared.

One week from Sunday we'll be packing up from a camping trip with the kids and their friends. I wish I was doing something as exciting as the rest of you next Sunday!! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!