One Year to Go ... and counting

So happy! NZ to US flights booked. It really feels real now.

We’re flying Air NZ into Houston and out of LAX.
We saved hundreds by flying one day later, so now have 1 1/2 days in the LA area at the end to plan. Trying to decide if a day at Disneyland is in order.

Wow this sounds like a wonderful trip! I read your first post and then wanted to jump in and say you should spend some time in Fort Lauderdale. Then I read further and saw you are you have only fitted in one night presumably before your cruise. We haven't been but a friend just returned from a trip and raved about FL. She said it was so much better than Miami.

I wish we could go back to WWoHP to experience Diagon Alley but it's the West Coast for us this time and WWoHP LA doesn't have Diagon Alley :(

I see you haven't posted for a while. Have you progressed any further with plans in LA?

Hi OziJo,

Thanks for popping into my thread. It’s been so quiet on this part of the Disboards, I haven’t been commenting much lately. However, my plans are still going strong and a few more things have been booked; the most recent being a Monteverde Cloud Forest beginning birding tour with a really highly regarded guide. Probably not an exciting development for some, but I’m buzzing. :goodvibes

Apart from the few days at either end of my trip, my itinerary is now essentially made of 3 parts: 1 week Orlando, 2 weeks Costa Rica, and 2 weeks cruise. My focus tends to swing between the 3, and for the last few weeks I’ve been focused on refining the Costa Rica part of the trip.

With regards to LA, I’m undecided on how to spend those last three days, in particular, how to divide the limited time between LA and Miami. Because of this, I’ve kind of parked that part of my trip for a while hoping for an eventual moment of clarity. I do know though that I’ve disregarded the idea of going to DL, since it’s MLK weekend and I can’t be bothered with the crowds. A tour of Warner Bros Studios does appeal though, as does a trip to Walmart (potentially the only shopping day of the whole 5 1/2 week trip).

When is your next trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter