Online booking tool messed up

So apparently if you've essentially ever had one-time-use points, you fall into it. We had one-time-use points we used last October and in February, and that's making it so we can't see our contracts' points (even the new contract we bought last month) and can't access the booking tool.
I’m guessing this is our situation. We used 2 OTUP for our February 2020 trip. I cannot check availability, and also don’t see any of my points.

It's been glitchy since last night, have been trying to make a booking and it works fine, even allowed me to borrow a few points from 2021 no problem but then kicks me out - have tried with 4 different browsers , even managed to input two guest names and still got the dwarves :(

It's been glitchy since last night, have been trying to make a booking and it works fine, even allowed me to borrow a few points from 2021 no problem but then kicks me out - have tried with 4 different browsers , even managed to input two guest names and still got the dwarves :(

Sorry to hear that.

Do you have any OTU or transferred points in your account?

So we have a standard studio booked at the Poly for one night, 10/16, and then a 1BR booked at BRV from 10/17-10/24, which I'm trying to change to BWV this morning. The BWV 1BR is available. When I go to modify the existing reservation, it is showing I have two contracts, one at BRV, and one at the Grand Californian! Also, it is shorting me 20 points! WTH! We also want to change the first studio night at the Poly to a studio at the BWV, but looking at the site, I won't have enough points. The points are completely messed up. Guess I have to wait until 9 to call MS. This bites.

So we have a standard studio booked at the Poly for one night, 10/16, and then a 1BR booked at BRV from 10/17-10/24, which I'm trying to change to BWV this morning. The BWV 1BR is available. When I go to modify the existing reservation, it is showing I have two contracts, one at BRV, and one at the Grand Californian! Also, it is shorting me 20 points! WTH! We also want to change the first studio night at the Poly to a studio at the BWV, but looking at the site, I won't have enough points. The points are completely messed up. Guess I have to wait until 9 to call MS. This bites.

I have gotten the not enough points and kept going when I knew I did and they were there.

But things are not working for some owners the way they should.

I finally just went ahead and booked as if everything was normal, and it let me, so I'm happy. So weird though.

I think sometimes, especially if it’s a modification or toy just canceled the system lags and that shows up. It is very weird

Today I got the dwarves when trying to book something in March. When I went back said one night was now gone.

Logged out, back in and still gone. So I booked two different views. Once I did that, I want back to modify to have my points reallocated and boom, all 4 nights back in SV like I wanted so booked it.

I have gotten the not enough points and kept going when I knew I did and they were there.

But things are not working for some owners the way they should.
I just got an error where it says booking a room for CCV with my CCV contract is not allowed within the 7-11 month window...they need to fix these odd random errors.

I just got an error where it says booking a room for CCV with my CCV contract is not allowed within the 7-11 month window...they need to fix these odd random errors.

Got the same one yesterday and then logged out and back in and no issues, Right now, since the update they have said they have some bugs that needed to be worked out.

Sorry to hear that.

Do you have any OTU or transferred points in your account?
Thank you Cyberg1978 No we don't have OTU points, so it wasn't that. Still wouldn't let me borrow to make the reservation today. Called member services and spoke to a helpful guy who worked tirelessly to fix it. He had to get two other departments in to help and it finally allowed me to borrow the few points we needed to complete. It was an hour well spent :)

Thank you Cyberg1978 No we don't have OTU points, so it wasn't that. Still wouldn't let me borrow to make the reservation today. Called member services and spoke to a helpful guy who worked tirelessly to fix it. He had to get two other departments in to help and it finally allowed me to borrow the few points we needed to complete. It was an hour well spent :)

there have been reports that resale owner have problems borrowing points. Are the contract you are trying to borrow from a resale contract?

there have been reports that resale owner have problems borrowing points. Are the contract you are trying to borrow from a resale contract?
Yes, resale owners must call to borrow on only their resale contracts due to the 50% restriction.

Ahhh Yes Cyberc2018 ours is a resale contract, but the guy from Member Services did, with help from two others manage to borrow the points for us :)

Last edited:
Does anyone have any new information about when transferred in points can be used online for 11month bookings?

Hm, are they currently unable to book 11 mos out? I've been successfully using them online to book within the 7 mo window, but haven't tested further out.

Hm, are they currently unable to book 11 mos out? I've been successfully using them online to book within the 7 mo window, but haven't tested further out.
7 months I can do too, but during 11 month it’s not working - at least for me.

My Home resort booking was made 11 months out. The site wouldn't let me do it online so I called member services who made the booking for us.
Dang, was hoping it was only me that couldn’t make them online then it was hopefully easier to fix.

wondering if you are able to change an 11 month reservation to other dates still within 11 month window, online.

Dang, was hoping it was only me that couldn’t make them online then it was hopefully easier to fix.

wondering if you are able to change an 11 month reservation to other dates still within 11 month window, online.

I wonder if when having to add the temporary contracts, they had to program it as such to only be valid at 7 months since OTU points are only valid then, but will be from a different resort potentially.

It may not be possible, or easy, to have different codes for transferred points vs, OTU so transferred can be used at 11 months?

Just thinking that using transferred points for home resort bookings will always have to be a phone call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter