Online Check-In for VGF

Mommy2TwoMickeys

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done online checkin yet for VGF? I am curious as to what your options were as far as requests: I am only familiar with the Polynesian and they allow you to select Ground floor or Balcony and even which longhouse. I was wondering if you could select which side of VGF you would like to be on..ex. closest to GF..ex. closest to Poly, etc.

Don't know if on-line check-in is already up and working for VGF but be aware that you should not use the request section in on-line check-in for DVC. Those requests are set up for Disney rental requests and are often either not applicable to DVC or don't have actual requests you can make through MS. DVC requests should be made through MS.

Also note that as to the ones you mention: the lake view rooms are the ones that will face partly toward Poly so if you have lake view it would be pointless to also request view of Poly; the standard view rooms will face toward the rest of VGF and the front area of VGF, see post #5 here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3145219

To explain even further, to save money DVC uses the Disney cash online check in software. The request categories don't match the popular DVC room requests.

Disney came up with online check in to reduce the number of CM's at the larger resorts where the lines to check in can be 20 people long or longer. They make up the room packets the night before which reduces the check in time and reduces Guests asking for a room change.

Often at DVC resorts, the online check in line can be longer than the regular check in line.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks everyone! As you can see, this is our first DVC reservation, so I am unfamiliar with how requests work.

Also, yes, we are booked in a 2 bedroom lake view @ the VGF :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter