Online Check-in Options....

or you can get a room big enough to accommodate a Fifth Wheel, well as long as it is on the upper floor....:charac2:

BamaEd and Snowmedic should have no problem with the upper floor.

I could probably pull it off if I had enough of a running start, preferably a straight away leading up to the stairs.

Our luck, they'll probably jack our prices up even more to pay for the crane they'll use to get us up there.

I wonder if it's a better view of the water pageant?

View attachment 244041

I'd like the "Upper Floor" please..... and Near transportation.... (I don't have to walk too far.) :lmao:

Ya know, I usually try to play it down the middle here on the DIS. Or even to the very safe side of the center. No controversy, no snark on my part....

But when it comes to Disney IT issues related to WDW, I have a hard time....

Not to but these idiots had a good thing going with us in the early check-in several months ago with specific loop requests, etc.

And now its' supposed to be one size fits all?

What idiots - they are a special brand of stupid. All they know how to do is raise prices and cut expenses/services. (Keeping it family friendly here...)

Bama Ed

PS - I think it's time for a couple adult beverages now... :drinking1

Last edited:

Ya know, I usually try to play it down the middle here on the DIS. Or even to the very safe side of the center. No controversy, no snark on my part....

But when it comes to Disney IT issues related to WDW, I have a hard time....

Not to but these idiots had a good thing going with us in the early check-in several months ago with specific loop requests, etc.

What idiots - they are a special brand of stupid. All they know how to do is raise prices and cut expenses/services. (Keeping it family friendly here...)

Bama Ed

PS - I think it's time for a couple adult beverages now... :drinking1

Heck yeah! Get em' Ed!
ee9c7786fb263e56ec24e26b4653cf8e.gif

I work in IT, and I am here to tell you, there is NO SUCH THING as "One Size Fits All."
You would think they would have learned that by now. The problem is not necessarily the IT Guys though (although in some cases it is). It tends to be the SALES guys. The Sales Guys talk to the business Guys and sell them a bill of goods. Of course the business guys ask "Will it do X?" and of course the response is always a resounding "Why Yes it does. That's what we do best" (I cannot help to think of Tigger here!):tigger: So they buy the product. Then IT Guys have to install, enable, configure the product. When it doesn't do X like it was requested, the inevitable response is... "Oh... You have to purchase the 'X Module' to enable THAT feature. It will only 'Double' your costs" (or something similar). Jump in the Bean Counters, :squirrel: and they never have any more money in the budget for that, so then we have to "Customize" our selves with some half baked solution to attempt to get it to work the way they would like.

Where I work, several years ago, they wanted to get off of Microsoft 100%. So the plan was to migrate everything to Unix/Linux. One of their (Huge) projects was a network monitoring solution. When in discussions with the company, they asked, very matter-of-factly "Is your product Linux Capable" (as many products are available on multiple platforms), and they were told. "YES!". So they invested a LOT in this system. As we were working on the overall design (after purchase) when provided the "Specs" of the types of servers and systems required, we needed a majority of "Windows" servers. Wait.... What?:eek: I thought we were going with Linux? Oh yeah.... Only the data capture servers (less then a quarter of the required servers) are Linux, the processing and reporting servers are all 100% Windows ONLY! :furious:

If only they (Business folks) would include more of US (IT folks - the "Technical" ones too, not just IT Managers as many have not a clue about IT) in their purchasing discussions, many of these issues could be vetted out in advance.

So long story short, I get what you are saying Ed, but the blame is not always where it should be. :D

ETA: Hope this post didn't come off as yelling at you Ed... I know IT can do odd things too. (As many IT folks, self included are a bit odd themselves.:joker:)

Last edited:

WDW/Disney IT has a long track record to stand on in this regard. I am unrepentant. :bored:
No worries about that. I wasn't looking for repentance... Just didn't want you to think I was attacking you (or your comment). Again, being in IT, however, I have seen some really AWFUL things done for stupid reasons, but not because of IT, rather management not knowing and/or not listening to those who know.

I am sure you have met the kind of folks who are in charge and won't let anyone else tell them how to do their jobs? Not to say that Their IT at Disney is or is not like that, just that I can relate to how things can be that way.

So as long as you aren't ready to launch things at me :duck:I guess we are all good. :D

I work in IT, and I am here to tell you, there is NO SUCH THING as "One Size Fits All."
You would think they would have learned that by now. The problem is not necessarily the IT Guys though (although in some cases it is). It tends to be the SALES guys. The Sales Guys talk to the business Guys and sell them a bill of goods. Of course the business guys ask "Will it do X?" and of course the response is always a resounding "Why Yes it does. That's what we do best" (I cannot help to think of Tigger here!):tigger: So they buy the product. Then IT Guys have to install, enable, configure the product. When it doesn't do X like it was requested, the inevitable response is... "Oh... You have to purchase the 'X Module' to enable THAT feature. It will only 'Double' your costs" (or something similar). Jump in the Bean Counters, :squirrel: and they never have any more money in the budget for that, so then we have to "Customize" our selves with some half baked solution to attempt to get it to work the way they would like.

Where I work, several years ago, they wanted to get off of Microsoft 100%. So the plan was to migrate everything to Unix/Linux. One of their (Huge) projects was a network monitoring solution. When in discussions with the company, they asked, very matter-of-factly "Is your product Linux Capable" (as many products are available on multiple platforms), and they were told. "YES!". So they invested a LOT in this system. As we were working on the overall design (after purchase) when provided the "Specs" of the types of servers and systems required, we needed a majority of "Windows" servers. Wait.... What?:eek: I thought we were going with Linux? Oh yeah.... Only the data capture servers (less then a quarter of the required servers) are Linux, the processing and reporting servers are all 100% Windows ONLY! :furious:

If only they (Business folks) would include more of US (IT folks - the "Technical" ones too, not just IT Managers as many have not a clue about IT) in their purchasing discussions, many of these issues could be vetted out in advance.

So long story short, I get what you are saying Ed, but the blame is not always where it should be. :D

ETA: Hope this post didn't come off as yelling at you Ed... I know IT can do odd things too. (As many IT folks, self included are a bit odd themselves.:joker:)
It is always the damn bean counters and clueless admin. ("Hey, kids! Let's go to a 100% open and collaborative environment! Hey, kids! Let's let the developers design the data structure!") Drives me nuts.

In their eyes Ed, your Aliner and my 45 ft fifth wheel can share the same site, no matter which site, no matter which loop, just so long that we are next to a elevator and near transportation.

Tiggerdad, if you think you will have a hard time getting to the top floor, just think about the time I'll have...

Hey! I didn't see the elevator option. Of I am going to be on an upper floor, then I want to be near the elevator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!