Only 1 Post Every 30 minutes on TRs??!!

Steppesister

DIS Veteran
What the heck? I was replyling to some TRs just now, and when I went to quote the next Chapter and do another reply, it tells me I can't post for another 29 minutes. True for every TR I'd recently replied to. When (and more importantly.... WHY?! ) did that happen?!

What the heck? I was replyling to some TRs just now, and when I went to quote the next Chapter and do another reply, it tells me I can't post for another 29 minutes. True for every TR I'd recently replied to. When (and more importantly.... WHY?! ) did that happen?!
You actually can have 30 posts within an hour. If you reach that limit, the system maxes you out and you have to wait the specified time before continuing to post.

I believe it’s a Spammer safeguard.

I think it's part of the spambot filter. It randomly changes the required time gap for posting. Typically it's much lower, but on occasion it bumps it up to a really long time.

You actually can have 30 posts within an hour. If you reach that limit, the system maxes you out and you have to wait the specified time before continuing to post.

I think it's part of the spambot filter. It randomly changes the required time gap for posting. Typically it's much lower, but on occasion it bumps it up to a really long time.

Bizarre! I"ve never had that happen and post pretty much every day. But I've never been locked out for even 1 minute. I think I had replied to maybe 4 threads (maybe 6 posts) in 30 minutes. So nowhere near the 30.

Thanks for letting me know....

I just had this happen to me too. I definitely didn’t post 30 times in 30 minutes. Mine wouldn’t let me post for 50 or so minutes

I just had this happen to me too. I definitely didn’t post 30 times in 30 minutes. Mine wouldn’t let me post for 50 or so minutes
Yeah!!! What the heck?! It didn't happen to everyone, because I had 2 other people post on my TR in that window.

And it gave me 7!!!!

NOT HAPPY!!!

EDITED TO ADD:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand just got another 30. W.T.H?! I have very limited time to post and reply to the 30 or so TRs I'm on. NOT happy!

Last edited:
I had almost an hour after only posting 3 times and it just now let me post so here is my one post LOL. I'm only replying to this thread to see if it does it to me again ….. And it did! Funny thing I can edit this post 🤬

If it's the spammer then it's gone crazy and something is wrong with it. I posted a screenshot on another thread showing the 2 min and then got 37. You can see them both at the bottom. I'm sure this will give me a longer time. I've maybe posted 10 times since I got up this morning and never 30 in an hour and probably not in day.Screenshot_2019-07-13-18-53-10.png

ETA it doesn't lock me out of posting so maybe it's fixed or since I had to wait so long it reset for the 7pm hour.

Here goes a second post...

:rotfl2:When I tried I got a banner that said "Ooops, we ran into some problems. You must wait 2 seconds before performing this action."

I get the idea of trying to block spammers but this system seems to be crazy-random.

There clearly is a problem. I posted once on 2 threads, and got locked out for 30 minutes.
I understand the concept, but as it currently is, it doesn't work.

I got locked out three different times and two of them were for an hour. I’m glad they’re going to try and fix it

Got locked out another hour 😆. Mine seem to be much longer than everyone else’s

Last edited:
I'm just gonna keep posting …. it's like spinning the big money wheel. every post a random lockout time... Here we go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter