Onsite or Offsite?

cdnusagurl

Mouseketeer
So with the new promotion Universal has going on, we now have a choice to either stay onsite at RPR with express passes included in our hotel room or offsite at Doubletree with express pass included with our tickets. The price difference would ultimately be about $700CAD between the two. So I guess my real question is, are the water taxis and convenience to the parks from the onsite hotels really worth that much money? I mean, we plan to probably go back to the resort everyday after lunch for a break, but I'm second guessing if the convenience of only being a boat ride away is really worth that much money since it's just my husband and I going.

For offsite are the express passes the unlimited ones? For all the days of your stay?

I personally would stay onsite because I always stay onsite. But that's a decent amount of money when you weren't considering it.

Oh and is the onsite offer a package or room-only? Be sure to check out both options.

Agree with PP to check the details. Onsite resorts have unlimited EP. How long is your stay? I could go either way depending on your answer - $700 is a lot to spend for a brief stay, but the convenience of the onsite resorts for a brief stay allows you to maximize your time. For a longer stay, the $700 becomes more understandable but convenience and quick access isn't as important for a longer stay since you have more time. If all details are comparable and it is unlimited EP off-site, that would probably be my choice. I love the onsite hotels, but that's a huge price difference.

The price is for buying the room and tickets separarely. With Universal's special buy 2 days, get 2 days free tickets I can buy the regular tickets for 589 for the two of us or I can buy the ones with Unlimited EP for $879. The price difference between the hotels is about $200CAD a night for 4 days. I'm torn though because I want the convenience of being on site and we can afford it. But there is allot I can do with $700.

I'm torn though because I want the convenience of being on site and we can afford it. But there is allot I can do with $700.

It will be a little less convenient staying offsite, but for savings of $700, no amount of boat rides is worth it when you're still within walking distance at Doubletree. Take the off site deal. Even if it's just regular EP not unlimited EP.

So I decided to stay off site at the Doubletree since I got it for under $90CAD a night. I doubt we'll be spending much time in our room since we will only be there 4 days total, so I don't think the price increase was worth it. I also scored Unlimited express tickets for us which was what I really cared about, so all should be well. I think I'm going to take our savings and put it towards upgrading our WDW hotel from a value to a moderate since we will actually be there 9 days and spending time at our hotel on non park days. And the great thing is, our budget will stay the same even with the other hotel upgrade.

So I decided to stay off site at the Doubletree since I got it for under $90CAD a night. I doubt we'll be spending much time in our room since we will only be there 4 days total, so I don't think the price increase was worth it. I also scored Unlimited express tickets for us which was what I really cared about, so all should be well. I think I'm going to take our savings and put it towards upgrading our WDW hotel from a value to a moderate since we will actually be there 9 days and spending time at our hotel on non park days. And the great thing is, our budget will stay the same even with the other hotel upgrade.

You made the right call.

So with the new promotion Universal has going on, we now have a choice to either stay onsite at RPR with express passes included in our hotel room or offsite at Doubletree with express pass included with our tickets. The price difference would ultimately be about $700CAD between the two. So I guess my real question is, are the water taxis and convenience to the parks from the onsite hotels really worth that much money? I mean, we plan to probably go back to the resort everyday after lunch for a break, but I'm second guessing if the convenience of only being a boat ride away is really worth that much money since it's just my husband and I going.

Where do you find this promotion? I am looking for the offsite hotel w express passes.

Where do you find this promotion? I am looking for the offsite hotel w express passes.

I booked the hotel and tickets separately. I booked the hotel through Priceline's express deals, and then I bought the tickets directly from Universal on their website. If you go to Ticket combos, you will see it under there. Here is the ticket link: https://tickets2.universalorlando.c...wer-ptpueu/item-2day/combo-tickets/index.html

ETA: If you want you can book the hotel directly through Universal's site and change out the regular buy 2, get 2 days free tickets for the express ones. I priced it out but ended up saving significantly more money booking through Priceline's express deals instead.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter