Ooops :D

cinderellagirl2280

Princess in Training
Well... it looks like I've got my planning ears on again LOL. Getting a group of girls together for a week of fun in 2022. I know it's a long ways away but because I work for a non-profit, I need the time to save up for the trip.

Things I learned from my last trip with a friend:
  • Travelling over the course of 3 days rather than 2 is better when pulling the trailer. I'm traveling from Ontario Canada so it takes about 24 hours door to door. I prefer breaking that trip up into 2 10 hr days and then a short drive to Disney.
  • I don't need 6 days in the parks anymore. I prefer relaxing and looping in FW just as much
  • I won't pay for preferred sites. It wasn't worth it for me with a pop-up. I will stick to the pop-up sites or full hook up if those are full.
  • Trails end is addictive and I could eat every meal there!
  • My site was not Disneyfied enough...it was far too plain jane...so I need to fix that!
  • While I liked the cost of Kenny's Tee Time, it wasn't worth the hassle when my golf cart broke down 3 times over the course of the week.
Only 838 days to go!

See below.

• Travelling over the course of 3 days rather than 2 is better when pulling the trailer. I'm traveling from Ontario Canada so it takes about 24 hours door to door. I prefer breaking that trip up into 2 10 hr days and then a short drive to Disney.- Great plan. Arrive earlier and more relaxed.
  • I don't need 6 days in the parks anymore. I prefer relaxing and looping in FW just as much- The Fort is great, but I love the parks too. Solution? Stay twice as long!
  • I won't pay for preferred sites. It wasn't worth it for me with a pop-up. I will stick to the pop-up sites or full hook up if those are full.- I love the location of the Preferred sites, but I don't fit anymore (42ft of trailer and 23 ft of truck). I would definitely consider the Full sites. We were in the 2100 Loop (Full) last September and it was great.
  • Trails end is addictive and I could eat every meal there!- My checking account wouldn't like it, but I agree.
  • My site was not Disneyfied enough...it was far too plain jane...so I need to fix that!- Only one solution- ::yes::
  • While I liked the cost of Kenny's Tee Time, it wasn't worth the hassle when my golf cart broke down 3 times over the course of the week.- Sorry you had trouble. I've used Kenny twice without any problems. The hassle of going to get it and drop it off is inconvenient. For short stays, I just get a Fort cart, but anything more than 5 or 6 days and I call Kenny. The inconvenience is worth the $$$ saved.
j

I did 2 and a half days from jersey :worship:
I did stay 2x as long. I know thats not always practical!
I am skipping the cart rentals if i go again, i only did mine for Halloween. That was worth it.
For me, because it was halloween , i got some decorations up. I made some and dollar stored it. And started early! It was ok, not great but festive enough. Oh, and you didnt get to see my new camper yet! So....... first 3 were on a tent sight. Then we moved to a full hook up. Mom painted the cut 20191029_195043.jpg20191029_160433.jpg20191029_160404.jpg20191102_163105.jpgouts.

Ooooh.... how I love TE.... I am so afraid of what will become of it....
(I can do family style all you care for served to me... so long as it is all the stuff they had in the buffet line to choose from)

See below.

• Travelling over the course of 3 days rather than 2 is better when pulling the trailer. I'm traveling from Ontario Canada so it takes about 24 hours door to door. I prefer breaking that trip up into 2 10 hr days and then a short drive to Disney.- Great plan. Arrive earlier and more relaxed.
  • I don't need 6 days in the parks anymore. I prefer relaxing and looping in FW just as much- The Fort is great, but I love the parks too. Solution? Stay twice as long!
  • I won't pay for preferred sites. It wasn't worth it for me with a pop-up. I will stick to the pop-up sites or full hook up if those are full.- I love the location of the Preferred sites, but I don't fit anymore (42ft of trailer and 23 ft of truck). I would definitely consider the Full sites. We were in the 2100 Loop (Full) last September and it was great.
  • Trails end is addictive and I could eat every meal there!- My checking account wouldn't like it, but I agree.
  • My site was not Disneyfied enough...it was far too plain jane...so I need to fix that!- Only one solution- ::yes::
  • While I liked the cost of Kenny's Tee Time, it wasn't worth the hassle when my golf cart broke down 3 times over the course of the week.- Sorry you had trouble. I've used Kenny twice without any problems. The hassle of going to get it and drop it off is inconvenient. For short stays, I just get a Fort cart, but anything more than 5 or 6 days and I call Kenny. The inconvenience is worth the $$$ saved.
j

I would totally stay twice as long if my vacation days allowed it as well as my bank account LOL. I found it extremely difficult to get into my site last fall. I was on 309 and had a heck of a time backing in...although it didn't help that the guy across from me had his truck half on the road and was nowhere to be found 🤦‍♀️. I don't need the full site as I have the pop-up. The only time I need a sewer is to dump my greywater. But we'll see what the bank account allows in April when I can book.

I would totally stay twice as long if my vacation days allowed it as well as my bank account LOL. I found it extremely difficult to get into my site last fall. I was on 309 and had a heck of a time backing in...although it didn't help that the guy across from me had his truck half on the road and was nowhere to be found 🤦‍♀️. I don't need the full site as I have the pop-up. The only time I need a sewer is to dump my greywater. But we'll see what the bank account allows in April when I can book.

Remember it gets cheaper the longer you stay, as far as park tickets. :) And the difference between pop up sites and preferred really adds up the savings! We always stay on pop up/tent loops with our pop up. We do have a cassette toilet that the black tank pops out of to take to the loop over to dump in an empty site, and a 4 wheeled, towable gray water tank.

Disney's comfort stations are so clean and nice that we don't need to empty near as much as at state park sites.

When you check in, if you ask, FW will send someone to back your camper in for you. At least they used to. I haven't needed them in a long time. Assuming they still offer that service. Often, other guests will help you too, if they have a trailer and you ask. :-) That is pretty rude about the truck in the way. So rude, in fact, that I may have asked the Fort to call him on his cell phone to interrupt his day and come move his truck. It's against the rules to be parked like that and sometimes people will learn their lesson if there is a consequences to their actions.

Since you are driving so far, I would really think hard about making your trip as long as you possibly can. The transportation expenses, time, and effort of driving all that way would make it well worth it to make one longer trip rather than two shorter ones.

As far as the golf cart goes, save that expense by just renting by the day on a days you want to go looping. We have never rented one. Or if you can, maybe even bring a bicycle for looping instead.

I would love to do Disney with a group of girlfriends! I'm envious of that. I've only been with family before. Have fun planning, that's a big part of the fun!

I did 2 and a half days from jersey :worship:
I did stay 2x as long. I know thats not always practical!
I am skipping the cart rentals if i go again, i only did mine for Halloween. That was worth it.
For me, because it was halloween , i got some decorations up. I made some and dollar stored it. And started early! It was ok, not great but festive enough. Oh, and you didnt get to see my new camper yet! So....... first 3 were on a tent sight. Then we moved to a full hook up. Mom painted the cut

Your site looked great! Your mom did a great job on the cut outs. Just goes to show it doesn't have to cost a lot to decorate. :rainbow:

Halloween or Christmas looping is the only time I would ever use a golf cart. Definitely and extra expense we can skip.

Remember it gets cheaper the longer you stay, as far as park tickets. :) And the difference between pop up sites and preferred really adds up the savings! We always stay on pop up/tent loops with our pop up. We do have a cassette toilet that the black tank pops out of to take to the loop over to dump in an empty site, and a 4 wheeled, towable gray water tank.

Disney's comfort stations are so clean and nice that we don't need to empty near as much as at state park sites.

When you check in, if you ask, FW will send someone to back your camper in for you. At least they used to. I haven't needed them in a long time. Assuming they still offer that service. Often, other guests will help you too, if they have a trailer and you ask. :-) That is pretty rude about the truck in the way. So rude, in fact, that I may have asked the Fort to call him on his cell phone to interrupt his day and come move his truck. It's against the rules to be parked like that and sometimes people will learn their lesson if there is a consequences to their actions.

Since you are driving so far, I would really think hard about making your trip as long as you possibly can. The transportation expenses, time, and effort of driving all that way would make it well worth it to make one longer trip rather than two shorter ones.

As far as the golf cart goes, save that expense by just renting by the day on a days you want to go looping. We have never rented one. Or if you can, maybe even bring a bicycle for looping instead.

I would love to do Disney with a group of girlfriends! I'm envious of that. I've only been with family before. Have fun planning, that's a big part of the fun!
Ya I have a cassette toilet too. I typically stick to the comfort stations anyways. The only reason I have greywater is due to dishes. I've got a great camp kitchen that I'm modifying a bit to create a drain in the washbasin so it drains directly into my greywater container.

It was my first year with my trailer so I was still a bit rusty but I've done well backing into sites. 309 just has an odd angle to it so it makes it very hard. 7 days is the perfect amount of time for me. I normally do 6 half days in the park...this time I'm cutting it down to 5...possibly even 4 although MK still needs 2 days. 5 gives me 2 days in MK, 1 in the other parks, and 2 days at the Fort. When it's all said and done, it equals to almost 2 full weeks with the drive down and back.

I use the golf cart enough that it's an expense worth saving up for. I don't mind walking or busing but I enjoy just getting in and going.

Well...we've got 4 girls going now :).

One hasn't been to Disney since the 90's so she's in for a shock with all the changes. We've got the route mapped out and have started the planning binder. We've also started perusing the pics of the sites on https://wildernessprincess.net/loop-site-details/ which is great for figuring out where we can fit our trailers easily. I don't want to wait 811 days :sad:

Last edited:
Well...we've got 4 girls going now :).

One hasn't been to Disney since the 90's so she's in for a shock with all the changes. We've got the route mapped out and have started the planning binder. We've also started perusing the pics of the sites on https://wildernessprincess.net/loop-site-details/ which is great for figuring out where we can fit our trailers easily. I don't want to wait 811 days :sad:

That's awesome! I have never seen the site you posted, looks like a fun place to explore. :-)

The only really small sites that I've encountered are the 1500 loop. One time when we went, we were assigned to 2000 loop and I asked if they didn't have anything available in 1500, which we prefer. The CM said they had one site, but it was too small and awkward to back a pop up into, and they mostly use for tents.

I asked if we could try it anyway and, we were able to back into it super easy. It was very tight, with no real space around us, but we weren't planning to have any outdoor set up that time anyway, so we enjoyed the location. I'll see if I can find a photo of it.

Here it is, can't remember the site number:

Last edited:
Happy New Year! 112 days until I can book my trip home to the fort.

Trying to start mapping out my stay and am conflicted about how many days to go to the parks. I’m a Disney veteran so i enjoy the parks but my guests are pretty much 1st timers. I want to relax and enjoy some other aspects of the world. Any suggestions?

Well it is tough with covid to make suggestions. But just schedule a down day to enjoy the Fort itself. Take a day to visit resorts (if possible after covid.) Visit the character warehouse in Orlando.

Things i want to do this time are: rent the 2 seater speed ( not fast) boats. They look like a ton of fun. See if any dispeople are there when i am and say hi. Relax by the pool. Do a movie night even if they dont have chip n dale back. Walk around disney springs a bit more. Hit up a high end restaurant that has a veiw of the fireworks if they have them again. Beach party , if they have them again. I am doing more park days also, but not planning on staying for the whole day. The tickets are built so it wasn't a lot more to get an extra day. Did i need to spend on that, probably not. I also hope to visit the horse barn this trip. Last trip was more hirry up and get as much done as possible, this year my daughter dosen't need or want to do it all. Just what she liked. And thats good by me.

Things i want to do this time are: rent the 2 seater speed ( not fast) boats. They look like a ton of fun. See if any dispeople are there when i am and say hi. Relax by the pool. Do a movie night even if they dont have chip n dale back. Walk around disney springs a bit more. Hit up a high end restaurant that has a veiw of the fireworks if they have them again. Beach party , if they have them again. I am doing more park days also, but not planning on staying for the whole day. The tickets are built so it wasn't a lot more to get an extra day. Did i need to spend on that, probably not. I also hope to visit the horse barn this trip. Last trip was more hirry up and get as much done as possible, this year my daughter dosen't need or want to do it all. Just what she liked. And thats good by me.
I agree about not spending the whole day at the parks. In September, it's fairly quiet so we can get most of the parks done by noon if we utilize the fast pass system properly. Of course right now that's not possible so it would require a heck of a lot more planning if fast passes aren't available in 2022. Last year, I was back at the site by 2pm and enjoying the pool. I also plan on going back in the evenings I think as I want to get some great photos. I only want to rope drop Hollywood Studios and Epcot. The rest I'm good with going a little later as long as I get the fast passes I want. I'm renting a golf cart so that we can go looping around the campground. Strawhouse and the other girls haven't been (or haven't been in 30 years) so I have to make sure they get the chance to see everything they want to see. I like the idea of watching the fireworks from a restaurant. I know California Grill has a great view. Horse barn is definitely on my list...as is the ET if it ever reopens.

I agree about not spending the whole day at the parks. In September, it's fairly quiet so we can get most of the parks done by noon if we utilize the fast pass system properly. Of course right now that's not possible so it would require a heck of a lot more planning if fast passes aren't available in 2022. Last year, I was back at the site by 2pm and enjoying the pool. I also plan on going back in the evenings I think as I want to get some great photos. I only want to rope drop Hollywood Studios and Epcot. The rest I'm good with going a little later as long as I get the fast passes I want. I'm renting a golf cart so that we can go looping around the campground. Strawhouse and the other girls haven't been (or haven't been in 30 years) so I have to make sure they get the chance to see everything they want to see. I like the idea of watching the fireworks from a restaurant. I know California Grill has a great view. Horse barn is definitely on my list...as is the ET if it ever reopens.
I know I'm just missing you gals by a month, lol. I want the fast passes back also, but this time around just to do what olivia wants. Then do pin trading, the pirate tresher hunt, the weird stuff others dont do. Hang out have fun. You should all pitch in for a covered fire pit. Lol.

I know I'm just missing you gals by a month, lol. I want the fast passes back also, but this time around just to do what olivia wants. Then do pin trading, the pirate tresher hunt, the weird stuff others dont do. Hang out have fun. You should all pitch in for a covered fire pit. Lol.
I mean...you can't book for 2022 until April/May right? You can always switch your dates, convince the other portal members to join us and then it'll be a grand old time LOL

Not yet, i thought you were going this year. 2022, hymmmm. I may have a trip left in me..........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!