~~~~~~ Oops SEW we did it again! ~~~~~~ June 2019 ~~~~~~ BAG & OUTFIT UPDATE 5/19/2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey!!! Happy to see you here!

I love doing IF! The black coffee portion is hard at first - but after a while, I don't notice anymore, the CLEAN fast definitely makes fasting AND feasting easier - I am able to control my will to over eat much better. ::yes:: I've kept my IFing secret for so many years, because I was afraid of what people would say (granted that was when I was doing a 16/8 schedule and now I am more of a 20/4) - it excites me greatly that it's becoming so much more mainstream!

I know - I"ve never not finished a TR until DLP. My pictures were very messed up - and the route I had to take to get them uploaded just made things so hard. Eventually, I plan to finish it - it's only one more day, after all. :scratchin I don't know when that will happen though? I am always happy to answer any questions you may have - so fire away. :)

It has made a difference for me, i don't feel as hungry, i feel less bloated, i am so happy o started doing it, and i am almost used to the black coffee! I am still going 16/8 but hope to move to 6/18 at some point, but probably not for a while, to babies at home make it hard i always want to be eating!

I love Aruba! So happy you had a great trip!

Hope Josh feels better soon!

Aruba looks so amazing! I'm glad you had a wonderful time. I sure hope Josh's back pain eases up for him. Can't wait to hear the Disney updates! Stay warm, my friend. ❄⛄

Sorry you had to get back to come weather and snow. Here in Ohio we had the polar vortex last Wednesday and Thursday. Our low was -5 to -10 and an even lower wind chill but by Sunday if was 50ish. Weird weather I guess.:) I'm glad you got to enjoy some beautiful sunshine!

I really enjoyed seeing all or your Aruba pictures on Facebook as we froze here in GA. No where near as bad as what everyone had up north but temps in the 20s is rough for us! Now today it's supposed to be 73 and tomorrow 77!

Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed them! It was a fun trip and one I hope to do a little more often. :lovestruc

Ahhh... I cannot wait for spring weather here! We've only been home for a week - but we've had about 14" of snow in that time. ::yes::

Your Aruba trip looked amazing! I loved the nightly sunset photos! :cloud9:

I was definitely glad I was in Chicago the week BEFORE the vortex came through. :cold: We had snow while I was there, but the temperatures and sunny skies made it perfect. :sunny:

We are finally doing some of our cruise planning. :sail:We are cruising with our BFF's from Chattanooga again. We actually met them in a FB group from our 2014 cruise, and have been inseparable since then. They are renewing their vows on one of the islands we port in. She has it narrowed down to either St. Kitts or San Juan, PR. And since my DH is an ordained minister now, they have asked him to officiate. :lovestruc

It is so fun planning for cruises. I ordered a few dresses onlne yesterday, and a new door magnet. We also have excursions picked out for Antiqua and St. Kitts. There is not as much planning involved with a cruise as with the parks, but still fun. :cutie:

Thank you - I am glad you enjoyed seeing them. :lovestruc

I bet you were - LOL - I was so glad I wasn't here for that. But I did worry about the girls - just because we weren't here, they had to deal with a lot of stuff that we are normally responsible for... Like keeping the pipes for our furnace exhaust clear of ice and snow... Shoveling... Keeping the pipes in the house from freezing... Making sure the furnace stays running... And so on - BIG and important stuff. At one point - for several days - both girls' cars were frozen solid and they had to use my car - which was difficult, since both of them live in different towns now. But they made it through and learned a few things about MN winter cold survival. ::yes::

Yay!!!!! So excited for you... After my Disney Surprise in Aruba - I am really dreaming of doing a cruise one day! :woohoo: And how awesome that Brian is doing the vow renewal - what an honor!!!! :lovestruc That will be a great trip for you all!

Eeeeep... I know - I've already started planning some of my trip outfits... And on the side (even though it will be 2 years - at least - before we get to go back to Aruba, I am planning those outfits too. :lmao: ) I feel like the cruises would be more "vacation like" and relaxing... Where the parks - you need a vacation from your vacation. ::yes::

I can't wait to hear how that came about!! My jaw dropped when I saw the pics on FB!

Oh, no :( I hope he starts to feel at least a bit better quickly!

Oh, boy, oh, boy!!!! Secrets!!!!

Hey, now, no bragging! It's still freezing here. Blah!

Yah - I'll talk about it below... I wasn't gonna do that today, but everyone is still sleeping - so I have time. ::yes::

It was pretty bad there for a few days... Poor guy. Literally, in bed screaming every time he moved - and he has a very high pain tolerance - so it was very difficult for me to watch. Finally, at the end of day 3 - I urged him to try and go downstairs - I felt like being cooped up in our bedroom was just not good for his outlook - no sun - isolated - coulnd't eat laying down. We were finally able to get him down stairs - it was rough moving him, as he couldn't walk unassisted... I remember thinking - at the top of the stairs "OK, if we fall now - I'll probably break my neck"... Then at the halfway point, I thought "if we fall now, I'll probably only break a leg"... Then towards the bottom, I thought "OK - I might just roll my ankle..." - but man, it wasn't easy. Once he got downstairs - even just being able to sit in his recliner so he could eat was a huge mood changer and motivator to move around. Yesterday, he was actually walking (mostly) unassisted... He is still sore - but not the screaming pain he was having before. Hopefully he can fully recover this weekend, and be back to mostly normal by Monday.

Hehehehe... I *may* talk about that below too...

Hahahaha... Um - it's pretty cold here too. ::yes::

It has made a difference for me, i don't feel as hungry, i feel less bloated, i am so happy o started doing it, and i am almost used to the black coffee! I am still going 16/8 but hope to move to 6/18 at some point, but probably not for a while, to babies at home make it hard i always want to be eating!

I love Aruba! So happy you had a great trip!

Hope Josh feels better soon!

I am just loving IF so much too!!! I never thought I'd be able to do it - and here I am - not only doing it, but loving how I feel too. :lovestruc I did try to IF a little on vacation - but for the most part - I didn't... It's just super hard when you are living on someone else's schedule... I figured I'd "ease" back into it once I got home - but I was able to fall into a really nice IF pattern much easier than I thought I'd be able to... and I've even been able to fast a bit longer over the last few days - just to kinda reset after vacation. ::yes:: Mid-next week, I'll go back to my normal 19/5 schedule though, I think. I am surprised at how quick my vacation bloat has gone though.

I love it too - I sure hope to make it part of our "vacation rotation " schedule... Josh and I have been talking about doing Aruba and the Netherlands on alternating year schedules in the future - doing both in one year (one of them twice) is a bit much for us - we'll be able to cash flow both, no problem, but it just *seems* excessive... and every other year would be a nice compromise. ::yes::

Thank you! :lovestruc He is getting there - I did a nice long paragraph above.

Aruba looks so amazing! I'm glad you had a wonderful time. I sure hope Josh's back pain eases up for him. Can't wait to hear the Disney updates! Stay warm, my friend. ❄⛄

Thank you - we loved it so much! I wish we could afford to go every year, it was so relaxing and just wonderful!

Thanks - I did a Josh update above in my reply to Jackie. :lovestruc

I'll be doing some Disney updates below too. :)

Sorry you had to get back to come weather and snow. Here in Ohio we had the polar vortex last Wednesday and Thursday. Our low was -5 to -10 and an even lower wind chill but by Sunday if was 50ish. Weird weather I guess.:) I'm glad you got to enjoy some beautiful sunshine!

Well - since we live in MN - I kinda expected it. LOL But I was hoping we'd miss the worst of it - and it appeared that we did... Though we have received almost 14" of snow just since we've been home! :eek: Crazy!

Yes - the weather has been so weird this year... For a while there - it almost looked like we wouldn't be having winter at all. ::yes:: I was kinda hoping. LOL

Thanks - we loved Aruba so much!

************************************************************************************************************

OK all... We are doing good. Josh is slowly moving in the right direction. I am just going to copy and paste my reply to Jackie above - because I don't feel like rewriting it all. LOL It was pretty bad there for a few days... Poor guy. Literally, in bed screaming every time he moved - and he has a very high pain tolerance - so it was very difficult for me to watch. Finally, at the end of day 3 - I urged him to try and go downstairs - I felt like being cooped up in our bedroom was just not good for his outlook - no sun - isolated - coulnd't eat laying down. We were finally able to get him down stairs - it was rough moving him, as he couldn't walk unassisted... I remember thinking - at the top of the stairs "OK, if we fall now - I'll probably break my neck"... Then at the halfway point, I thought "if we fall now, I'll probably only break a leg"... Then towards the bottom, I thought "OK - I might just roll my ankle..." - but man, it wasn't easy. Once he got downstairs - even just being able to sit in his recliner so he could eat was a huge mood changer and motivator to move around. Yesterday, he was actually walking (mostly) unassisted... He is still sore - but not the screaming pain he was having before. Hopefully he can fully recover this weekend, and be back to mostly normal by Monday.

I haven't left the house since Tuesday, mostly because I couldn't leave Josh alone, but also - our weather wasn't conducive to going anywhere either. We've received about 14" of snow since we've been home - not kidding. :eek: So, I've been busy with work, taking care of Josh, taking care of the house and snow removal, it has been a busy week for sure. ::yes::

**************************************************************************************************************

Since everyone is still sleeping, I thought I would do a little Aruba post... Show you our room and my bit of pixie dust too. ::yes::

So, Josh's dad and step-mom have been going to Aruba for decades... And they have been inviting us for just as long... They have a time share there and always wanted us to come and enjoy it. But - we have a family and financially - it just wasn't a trip we could afford to do with the girls. Finally - 2 years ago - Josh committed to going in 2019, and even though I was a bit apprehensive, I am glad we did. It was so beautiful!

Josh's dad has a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom unit... This was our room - we had our own full bath (which I never took pics of), small kitchenette (which we didn't use at all), a bedroom area with a king size bed, a TV and our own private balcony... It was absolute heaven - we slept with our balcony door open every night, and listened to the Ocean waves on the shore - I've never slept better in my life!

Rooms are set up much like Disney Deluxe rooms.

Looking from the room entrance towards the balcony
IMG_0247.jpg

Looking from outside on the balcony, into the room
IMG_0251.jpg

And then the marvelous view from our balcony. :lovestruc (no zoom needed here - we were *that* close to the water!)
IMG_0752.jpg

Then here is the rest of the living space... We had a full kitchen (which we didn't use much), dining room, living room, and verandah (with a private hot tub, which we didn't get a chance to use either)...
IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

I really loved the color of the living room furniture cushions (my pics don't show it well - but it's very similar in color to our bedroom walls)... Not necessarily the style - though it fit very well with the "Island theme" - and I liked it there, just not in our home. Ya know?
IMG_0425.jpg

And then, standing ocean side on the verandah looking back towards our room...
IMG_0268.jpg

At the room, looking out... And Josh. :lovestruc
IMG_0560.jpg

Enjoying some sun...
IMG_0399.jpg

And the view from the verandah...
IMG_0279.jpg

It was truly spectacular in every way! We are very fortunate that we can stay in such a beautiful resort, in a gorgeous room, with a marvelous view!

**************************************************************************************************************

OK - so my pixie dust...

Before Christmas, Josh's dad told us that he'd chartered a boat for the day, so we could go out on the Ocean and enjoy the island from that vantage point. Awesome! We spend a lot of time in the boats and on the pontoon at the lake - so I knew we would enjoy the Ocean too.

When we arrived, somehow - not sure how - but we saw the Cruise Ship schedule... We noticed that the Disney Wonder would be stopping in Aruba - I was hoping to see it - but pretty bummed that it would be there on the day we had the boat charter, I knew our day would be full with that - so I woulnd't get to see the Wonder. Disappointed, yes... but still excited for the day.

Well, as soon as we boarded the charter boat... our Captain - Captain Pauly - asked if there was anything we wanted to do that day... My FIL knows my love of Disney - and requested on my behalf - if there was any way we could see the DIsney Wonder - he knew someone who would really enjoy that. :lovestruc Captain Pauly told us that was a possibility. :woohoo:

So, we cruised the shoreline of Aruba for a bit - looking at all the resorts - much like we do when we cruise the lakeshore at home...

We rounded the point - and there were the 3 cruise ships that were in port that day! Right in front of us and MASSIVE!!!!

IMG_0443.jpg

And there she was - hiding at the front of the pack... The Wonder!

IMG_0447.jpg

EEEEEK!!!!!!!! It was like seeing a famous person. LOL

And to see it from this vantage point - it was just jaw dropping!

Cpt. Pauly was able to get me up CLOSE and personal from every angle of the ship - seriously - it was so cool!!!

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

Seriously - I could have reached out and touched it! We were that close!

IMG_0463.jpg

I am sure the Captain of The Wonder was wondering who these people in the boat were and what the heck we were doing? :lmao:

The Cpt. backed our boat up so I could get a picture of the whole ship - which I couldn't fit (and I didn't feel like abusing the privilege, so I didn't ask him to go out further) - so I worked with what I had.

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

And then our Cpt. brought me in so close - the bow of our boat was UNDER the bow of The Wonder... I was a freak - yes I was. ::yes:: But it was COOL!!! Really, really cool!!!! (again - no zoom needed)

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

Then he brought us into the harbor, so I could take a few pics from that angle...

IMG_0498.jpg

Good-bye Disney Wonder... I hope we meet again one day!

IMG_0513.jpg

So - yah - that was my little bit of pixie dust in Aruba... It was cool - super cool - to see that mammoth ship from the ocean - and to see if from a vantage point that so few people get to see it from. :lovestruc

And finally - now that we are home - I am in *FULL* WDW planning mode...

Outfit planning. :woohoo:

Ultimate Park Bag (UPB) planning. :scratchin

Surprise the girls planning. ::yes::

So, which do you want to hear about first? LOL

The outfits and the UPBs kinda go hand in hand... I am tossing around a few ideas here. I am seriously considering (finally) re-making a Donald UPB - we will see if I actually have time... I am already struggling with which of my favorite themes to do on this trip - and this would just make it even more challenging for me to choose...

I am also tossing around the idea of doing a "birthday" theme this trip - since we will be in WDW on my actual birthday. ::yes:: How fun would that be??? Of course - I am kinda all about making my own bags pretty versatile - and who knows if I'd ever get to reuse an actual birthday bag? So, the only birthday item may be a zipper pull or something removable like that? :scratchin We'll see - just an idea.

And then the "surprise the girls" thing I eluded to earlier in the week... We've been to WDW so many times now - we have our favorites and our "must dos" - just like everyone. And we rarely deviate from that. However, this time, since we are going for my birthday - I wanted to do something a little fun - something we've never done before, but something I've always wanted to do... I toyed with doing the Dessert Party (which *technically* we've done, but I got sick and we had to leave early) - quite honestly - the girls and I don't enjoy the crowds during fireworks - and we all get anxiety trying to get out of the park... We all like to be back at the resort early - ahead of the crowds - and rise early (well, except V - LOL). And seeing the price for the Dessert Party - well, that's a little off-putting as well. So, I thought - how about a dinner show??? Myrthe and I had a blast at the one in Paris. :lovestruc So, I looked up availability for HDDR - and WOW - category 2 seating is CHEAPER than the Dessert Party, and you get a full meal - All You Can Eat - plus a show... It was kind of a no-brainer for me. I thought about it for the day and booked it the following morning. The girls have NO idea - not even a clue!!! And I am SO excited to surprise them with it!!!! :woohoo: This is something I've wanted to do on every trip we have ever done - but I've never actually pulled the trigger. It's bought - it's paid for - we are going. ::yes:: :woohoo: Super - super excited!

Oh and as a trip budgeting side note... We had a bit of cash leftover from our Aruba trip - Josh and I talked it over and decided to put it towards the Disney trip - the sooner we get that saved for, the sooner we can start saving for the Netherlands again, and then saving for the BIG WDW trip in Spring 2020 (which I will need to start booking in the coming months).

So, that's it! I hope you enjoyed my little update. :lovestruc

I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! Prayers and pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

Hope you are keeping warm and have dug out from all the snow. We had a bunch of snow, then bone chilling temps for about a week, then a crazy warm up (went from highs of -20C/-4F one day to +10/50F the next!) with downpours of rain that melted all the snow for three days and back to -10C/14F today. I'd love it if it would just be typical seasonal temps right now (-3C/27F).

Hope Josh is feeling better soon! That sounds horrible. Has to be hard on you as well as there isn't really anything you can do to make it better. Fingers crossed!

It was truly spectacular in every way! We are very fortunate that we can stay in such a beautiful resort, in a gorgeous room, with a marvelous view!
What an awesome resort with a spectacular view! It is so beautiful there. DH and I have Aruba to our list of vacations after cruising there, it's just behind a few other ones. But we will get back there! So glad to hear that you had a good time.

IMG_0488.jpg

So - yah - that was my little bit of pixie dust in Aruba... It was cool - super cool - to see that mammoth ship from the ocean - and to see if from a vantage point that so few people get to see it from. :lovestruc
I saw this picture when you posted it on FB, and seeing it again still makes me smile. :-) Such an awesome and unique way to see the ship. This too is on my list of vacations! We've been on a couple of cruises before, but I really want to do a Disney cruise. We are thinking one of the Star Wars or Marvel at sea cruises would be fun. One day, this will get checked off our bucket list!

And seeing the price for the Dessert Party - well, that's a little off-putting as well.
We had been thinking of booking a dessert party for our upcoming trip as well. But like you, we were shocked by the price. A little too rich for our pocketbooks, especially once you add the exchange rate (about 35-36% right now) in there!

So, I looked up availability for HDDR - and WOW - category 2 seating is CHEAPER than the Dessert Party, and you get a full meal - All You Can Eat - plus a show...
OMG!!!! You are going to have so much fun! We did HDDR on my birthday trip in 2017, had an absolute blast! So much that we are going to do it again this time. Fried chicken, ribs, cornbread, strawberry shortcake, unlimited sangria . . . my mouth is watering just thinking about it. The show is great too! We are still trying to decide if we are doing it on the first night or the last night. Need to make that decision and book it asap!

Again, loved seeing your Aruba trip and can't wait to see what else you plan for WDW!

Well I got lost for a while - forgot to "watch thread" - but have found my way back and so enjoying this!! All of your trip plans sound amazing! Your dinner surprise for your birthday is perfect. I love Steamboat Willie, you need to take him along! Eating more snacks and CS sounds adventurous and good for everyone's budget. I have heard good things about the Canteen!

We cruised the Caribbean for about 4 cruises but stopped. It was fun but the port stops are so short, you get only a taste of things. Your stay at Aruba was perfect. I loved all of your pics. We would love to go to St. Martin or St. John or St. Thomas and just stay a while. It is so much easier with VRBO and such. Tyler and Ariece did AirBnB when they went to Aruba. I am so glad you snorkeled! I am a terrible swimmer but I love to float along and see all the beauty in the ocean.

You look amazing Dorine! Glad IF is working so well. Hope Josh gets better soon.

Take care and prayers sent your way and I am following along again!

Ah! What an exciting update!

IF - honestly one of the reason I’m loving it is if I have a bad day, like Friday, and I stick to it the next day I feel like my bloat is gone! It makes it easier to get back on the ‘wagon’ since I feel the result rather quickly.

I haven’t been to Aruba in years, but it’s on the list of places to go back to! Your pictures of the cruise ship are amazing! So cool to be able to see all those details! It always amazes me, they put so much into all those details but so few people get to see them!

What show did you do in DLP? I was debating one but kinda leaning against it. Would love to hear which one you did and how you liked it!

I have a few WDW trips in the works and was thinking long HDDR for next spring break, since I have a feeling it will be really crowded I was thinking some different things with reserved seating may make for a nice experience.

Your Aruba pics are fabulous! It looks so beautiful and peaceful there. Definitely on my list of places I'd like to visit. I'm sure the girls will love your surprise dinner, how fun! I know what you mean about leaving after the fireworks. Ugh. It is just madness. Generally if we are there and have the time (and stamina) we just sit back and let the crowds disperse. I think the idea of a birthday bag or something is a great one. Have you seen Mickey & Minnie's celebration outfits? I don't know how long the parade goes on when they say limited time celebration...but may serve as some inspiration ;-) https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...k-mickey-minnies-fun-new-celebration-outfits/

P.S. Glad Josh is feeling better and back to moving around. Back pain is just the worst and not being able to move and do things for yourself is just hard all around.

that was my little bit of pixie dust in Aruba... It was cool - super cool - to see that mammoth ship from the ocean

Wow, just wow! Those pictures are amazing especially of the Wonder. Someday I will do a Disney cruise!

So, I looked up availability for HDDR

I was hoping this was the surprise you were doing! I love the HDDR and can't wait to see what you think! Have you been before or will this be your first time? The fried chicken is amazing and the all you can drink Sangria is yummy!

And there she was - hiding at the front of the pack... The Wonder!
That sentence gave me goosebumps!!!!

I was thinking it's pretty incredible that it just happened to be the Wonder, with your favorite duck on it, that was the Disney ship that just happened to be in Aruba at the same time as you!!

Really incredible angles and vantage point for taking in the ship!!!!! You are just beaming :) Such a lucky duck!

So, I looked up availability for HDDR - and WOW - category 2 seating is CHEAPER than the Dessert Party, and you get a full meal - All You Can Eat - plus a show... It was kind of a no-brainer for me. I thought about it for the day and booked it the following morning. The girls have NO idea - not even a clue!!! And I am SO excited to surprise them with it!!!! :woohoo: This is something I've wanted to do on every trip we have ever done - but I've never actually pulled the trigger. It's bought - it's paid for - we are going. ::yes:: :woohoo: Super - super excited!
What a FUN surprise!!!! I'm going to HDDR for the first time in May, on MY birthday!!! I really can't wait because it looks so amazing!

I didn't know Josh was hurt, not sure how I missed that. So sorry!!! I do hope he recovers quickly and completely!

I am so exctied that you got to see the Wonder! Like I said before, when you do take a cruise you will be HOOKED! And yes, it will be a REAL vacation. It has been five years since we last cruised, and we are all SO EXCITED! Last night DH ordered himself a go-pro. We will be doing a canopy zipline excursion in Antiqua, and he wants to capture it all on film. I know you have a next few years of vacations planned, but I cannot wait for you to get DCL on the docket. You will LOVE it!

Congrats on HDDR! Surprising your girls will be so fun! HDDR is not on a list for us. I would love to try it, but DH does not like to do experiences on vacation that we can do at home. And, since we live in the south, that food and that type of show are pretty readily available for us. I have heard it is a blast, though.

So, for the 2020 family trip, will Josh be returning to the World, too???

Aruba looks gorgeous! I am so glad you guys had a great time. I really can't wait to get there some day and check it out myself.

The Wonder looks beautiful! I want to do a Disney cruise at some point but DH isn't a huge fan of cruising so not sure that will happen. I think it would be a blast with Alex so maybe DH will come around!

HDDR is amazing, what a great surprise!!!!

Loved seeing where you stayed in Aruba! Looks so lovely and relaxing. The food and drinks looked really good. You looked great in all the photos - even the ones your father-in-law posted. You are too hard on yourself - all your hard work has paid off! I think you will all love the HDDR! We took our boys many years ago but it was a real highlight of the trip. The food was great and the show was so fun. Glad your DH is on the mend - no fun for either of you!

I don't post often, but I have read all of your trip reports. I do girl trips with my special needs daughter, when we can. Which is usually about every 3-4 years. My Husband and son are not Disney fans. :sad2::sad2: Lindsey and I go and have an Awesome time in our Happy Place! It is great to see you back on this sight again. I missed reading your posts. Love your creativity! I vote for steamboat Willie, since it is Mickey's 90th and Dumbo (because of the new Dumbo movie coming out. Thanks for sharing.

Long time lurker...but I'm finally posting :wave2: I'm excited to hear more of your adventure!!! Aruba looks amazing, and what a nice break from the winter blahs.

I loved seeing your Aruba pictures. We have been experiencing record breaking cold temps here in Canada ( we are day 15 of below -40 F here ) It has been nasty and gross. So seeing your pictures has brightened my days! I'm on a count down for our trip to Mexico for our dd's wedding in May. ( too bad the timing could not have been for a nice winter vacation ) and planning the last little things that we need to do for that. Then hopefully planning on doing a Disney trip with our boys ( and probably the dark side as we are big potter heads as well :eek: :faint: )
Thanks for your trip reports and I'm looking forward to hearing your plans and your adventure with your girls!!!!!

Hope you are keeping warm and have dug out from all the snow. We had a bunch of snow, then bone chilling temps for about a week, then a crazy warm up (went from highs of -20C/-4F one day to +10/50F the next!) with downpours of rain that melted all the snow for three days and back to -10C/14F today. I'd love it if it would just be typical seasonal temps right now (-3C/27F).

Hope Josh is feeling better soon! That sounds horrible. Has to be hard on you as well as there isn't really anything you can do to make it better. Fingers crossed!

What an awesome resort with a spectacular view! It is so beautiful there. DH and I have Aruba to our list of vacations after cruising there, it's just behind a few other ones. But we will get back there! So glad to hear that you had a good time.

I saw this picture when you posted it on FB, and seeing it again still makes me smile. :-) Such an awesome and unique way to see the ship. This too is on my list of vacations! We've been on a couple of cruises before, but I really want to do a Disney cruise. We are thinking one of the Star Wars or Marvel at sea cruises would be fun. One day, this will get checked off our bucket list!

We had been thinking of booking a dessert party for our upcoming trip as well. But like you, we were shocked by the price. A little too rich for our pocketbooks, especially once you add the exchange rate (about 35-36% right now) in there!

OMG!!!! You are going to have so much fun! We did HDDR on my birthday trip in 2017, had an absolute blast! So much that we are going to do it again this time. Fried chicken, ribs, cornbread, strawberry shortcake, unlimited sangria . . . my mouth is watering just thinking about it. The show is great too! We are still trying to decide if we are doing it on the first night or the last night. Need to make that decision and book it asap!

Again, loved seeing your Aruba trip and can't wait to see what else you plan for WDW!

Well - we are barely staying dug out... For the first time ever, we had to hire someone to do snow removal over the last weeks because Josh's back just couldn't handle it. Yikes - glad we don't have to do that often, it's expensive!

Josh is healing, slowly... He seems to have been at a standstill over the last week though. He was able to get his procedure scheduled for next week - his recovery from that is about a day, so he'll be back to normal next week. ::yes::

Aruba was amazing! I'd recommend it to everyone!

Yah - I am so excited for HDDR - and so far I haven't let it slip. ::yes:: The food sounds so delicious! I was debating on doing a fireworks cruise after, but Cindy and I were talking and she said that you leave HDDR just stuffed, and I may not have room to do the fireworks dessert cruise? LOL So, for now, I've decided not to do it... However - it would make for a spectacular birthday... HDDR and a fireworks cruise... :scratchin We NEVER splurge like that in WDW.

Well I got lost for a while - forgot to "watch thread" - but have found my way back and so enjoying this!! All of your trip plans sound amazing! Your dinner surprise for your birthday is perfect. I love Steamboat Willie, you need to take him along! Eating more snacks and CS sounds adventurous and good for everyone's budget. I have heard good things about the Canteen!

We cruised the Caribbean for about 4 cruises but stopped. It was fun but the port stops are so short, you get only a taste of things. Your stay at Aruba was perfect. I loved all of your pics. We would love to go to St. Martin or St. John or St. Thomas and just stay a while. It is so much easier with VRBO and such. Tyler and Ariece did AirBnB when they went to Aruba. I am so glad you snorkeled! I am a terrible swimmer but I love to float along and see all the beauty in the ocean.

You look amazing Dorine! Glad IF is working so well. Hope Josh gets better soon.

Take care and prayers sent your way and I am following along again!

Hi Carol! :) Happy you found your way back. ::yes::

Hehehehe.... Well, as of now SBW hasn't made the cut - he may still, but I am not sure? :scratchin

That sounds awesome though - I'd just love to try a cruise sometimes... I'd be the person who stays on the boat. LOL

Snorkeling was so fun!!! I'd really love to spend a day doing it, it was so neat... Definitely tricky getting my breathing figured out, and that took me some time to get used to - but once I did, I loved it. :lovestruc I think I forgot to tell this story... but while we were snorkeling - we heard there was an area of fish and then they also told us that the sea turtles were there... So we snorkeled around the entire time, looking for the turtles and never saw them. Finally, we were standing in about waist deep water, taking off all of our gear, and Josh looks down and there's the turtle right below him!!! So, we literally threw our stuff back on - I didn't even get my mouth piece thingy attached to my goggles, I just held it with my hand, and we followed the turtle around for quite some time - it was the COOLEST experience ever! :lovestruc I was so excited to see a sea turtle! :woohoo:

Thank you Carol - you are one of my biggest cheerleaders and you keep me accountable daily! :hug:

Ah! What an exciting update!

IF - honestly one of the reason I’m loving it is if I have a bad day, like Friday, and I stick to it the next day I feel like my bloat is gone! It makes it easier to get back on the ‘wagon’ since I feel the result rather quickly.

I haven’t been to Aruba in years, but it’s on the list of places to go back to! Your pictures of the cruise ship are amazing! So cool to be able to see all those details! It always amazes me, they put so much into all those details but so few people get to see them!

What show did you do in DLP? I was debating one but kinda leaning against it. Would love to hear which one you did and how you liked it!

I have a few WDW trips in the works and was thinking long HDDR for next spring break, since I have a feeling it will be really crowded I was thinking some different things with reserved seating may make for a nice experience.

Right - I just love it so much!!! And I love that I don't have to constantly think about what I am eating and spending hours of my life preparing it. Probably the best thing for me, on top of that... For so many years now - I've been making 2 meals - his n' hers essentially... Now I don't even have to think about it - I don't pile as much rice/potatoes/noodles on my plate, but the fact that nothing is off limits for me - I just love that so much. I still eat "clean" - but the obsessing over every little thing was really starting to get old. And I forgot how much I missed yogurt - like, I love yogurt so much... Not the yoplait (or like brands - I don't consider that yogurt) - but the GOOD stuff, the high fat easy ingredient type - ahhhh... I have it almost every night before bed and it's the best "treat" ever! And I agree - I love that it's so easy to pick up the next day if you have a rough day the day before. ::yes:: :woohoo:

We loved Aruba so much!!! I know we won't get back to it in 2020, but we are really gonna try for 2021.

We did the Wild Bills Wild West show - I think is what it was called? We loved it so much... SOOOOOO MUCH FOOD!!!!! And they do sell the tickets by category... because of the way the seating is set up, there really is NO bad seat in the house. ::yes:: The only potential "bad seat" is that you are seated in rows, and if you are in the center of the row and need to use the restroom during the show - that would suck... but as far as viewing - there's nothing bad. I do believe I did get that far in my DLP TR??? :scratchin I thought I remember writing about that experience?

That's a great idea for crowded times! I love it. :) I am also seriously considering doing a fireworks dessert cruise on my birthday... I haven't 100% decided yet, Cindy and I talked about it, and she said we'd likely be stuffed after HDDR and probably wouldn't have room for dessert? :scratchin So, we'll see...

Your Aruba pics are fabulous! It looks so beautiful and peaceful there. Definitely on my list of places I'd like to visit. I'm sure the girls will love your surprise dinner, how fun! I know what you mean about leaving after the fireworks. Ugh. It is just madness. Generally if we are there and have the time (and stamina) we just sit back and let the crowds disperse. I think the idea of a birthday bag or something is a great one. Have you seen Mickey & Minnie's celebration outfits? I don't know how long the parade goes on when they say limited time celebration...but may serve as some inspiration ;-) https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...k-mickey-minnies-fun-new-celebration-outfits/

P.S. Glad Josh is feeling better and back to moving around. Back pain is just the worst and not being able to move and do things for yourself is just hard all around.

THank you - we loved it so much and hope to make it back in 2021. ::yes:: If my ILs will let us come back? LOL

We tried to let the crowds leave ahead of us once - and it was just annoying... They took FOREVER, LOL... Eventually we just joined the masses and left.

I did see their outfits - they are so cute! :) I am definitely planning something for my birthday - but it will be quite some time before I get to making anything, as my schedule is so full for the coming months. ::yes::

Thanks!!! I am happy he is feeling better too - it's so hard seeing him in so much pain.

Wow, just wow! Those pictures are amazing especially of the Wonder. Someday I will do a Disney cruise!

I was hoping this was the surprise you were doing! I love the HDDR and can't wait to see what you think! Have you been before or will this be your first time? The fried chicken is amazing and the all you can drink Sangria is yummy!

Agreed - it's definitely on my bucket list!!! ::yes::

I knew you'd be thrilled with my choice. We've never been to any dinner show on WDW property - I am glad you mentioned the sangria, I was wondering about that... And since Allison will be 21 by then... :scratchin. LOL V is gonna have a rough time getting us back to the resort - knowing her - she'll get sick of us and leave us on our own to get back. :lmao: :eek:

I wanted to do a little bit of catching up this morning. ::yes:: Sorry I didn't get all of the replies done, I'll be back at some point and continue on.

It has been a busy week around here, as usual. ::yes::

IF has been going super well for me, and I still love it. I think all of the bloat from Aruba is gone now... I'll know for sure when I try on my "tight" jeans today... If they fit, then I'll know I am on the right track. LOL I've honestly been afraid to even *look* at them since we've been back... I can tell, even from pictures - I am way less puffy than I was while we were in Aruba - I still swear that I retained water just through the salt in the air there. :scratchin I even googled it. :lmao:

inCollage_20190215_133140947.jpg

Otherwise - not much else is going on, just lots of working and living life... Cleaning up snow... :rolleyes:

My BFF from HS is coming to visit today and spending the night - I always love when we get a chance for a weekend visit. :lovestruc I haven't seen her since last fall... I know I am recreating the Dutch pancakes we had at Linda's Pancake House in Aruba for her... But I am still not sure what we are having for dinner tonight?

*************************************************************************************************************

So, another thing I am throwing around for my birthday... I have been looking into possibly doing one of the Fireworks dessert cruises... Have any of you ever done this? Do you recommend it? I was talking to Cindy about it and she brought up a valid point - which is why I haven't booked it yet... She said that they have done HDDR many times, and they always leave there just STUFFED - so she said we will likely not have room for dessert - which is a totally valid point. Thoughts on this? It's $100/person basically... You board the Gen Joe Fowler and they serve desserts and cruise 7 Seas Lagoon. For the 3 of us, this seems almost the perfect alternative... No fireworks crowds or trampling, because you board and depart right at the TTC... We could easily hop the SoG bus at the TTC after and go straight back to the resort... :scratchin

OR... I'd love to hear other fireworks options... I've heard of people watching from the staircases at CR... Or the beach at the Poly (potentially with a Dole Whip in hand... :lovestruc ) Obviously - these other two options would be much cheaper (which I like)... I'd just love to hear some of your ideas. ::yes::

OK - better run... I have a house to tidy up and dinner to plan. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! Prayers and Pixie Dust to all! :hug:

D~

I haven't done the fireworks cruise before, but have been to HDDR twice. Cindy is correct in saying you will be stuffed. SO. MUCH. FOOD. Can you do the cruise another night?

Josh's dad has a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom unit... This was our room - we had our own full bath (which I never took pics of), small kitchenette (which we didn't use at all), a bedroom area with a king size bed, a TV and our own private balcony... It was absolute heaven - we slept with our balcony door open every night, and listened to the Ocean waves on the shore - I've never slept better in my life!
Your room looks wonderful. I love the view you had. I would spend a lot of time just looking at the ocean. ::yes::

We noticed that the Disney Wonder would be stopping in Aruba.....
And to see it from this vantage point - it was just jaw dropping!
What a fun experience! The Wonder looks amazing and I love the Disney touches, especially Donald and his nephew. Our youngest daughter was on the Wonder the first week of February. Her cruise stopped at St Thomas rather than Aruba. It would have been quite a coincidence if she was on the ship when you were cruising around it. ;)

So, I looked up availability for HDDR - and WOW - category 2 seating is CHEAPER than the Dessert Party, and you get a full meal - All You Can Eat - plus a show... It was kind of a no-brainer for me.
We did HDDR once with the above mentioned daughter and her family. It was a lot of fun. I wouldn't want to spoil the memory of the HDDR evening by adding the dessert cruise. I would do the cruise another night. It would give me a whole extra event to look forward to instead of having it all on one day.

We have watched the MK fireworks from the beach at FW, the observation deck at CR, the beach at WL, from the patio in front of Gasparillas and the grass area next to Narcossees. The best view was from the Grand Floridian. They pipe in the music and you can grab a table in front of Gasparillas and order food while you watch. :) You are closest to the fireworks at that point and can see the castle turn colors in the distance. The fireworks views from CR, WL, and FW show a sideways view of the fireworks, which is nice but looks more like "just fireworks" rather than a coordinated show. I would think that the Poly and the TTC would have great views, too.

Josh is healing, slowly... He seems to have been at a standstill over the last week though. He was able to get his procedure scheduled for next week - his recovery from that is about a day, so he'll be back to normal next week. ::yes::
I hope the procedure does the trick. He must have been in terrible pain.

We are heading off the Disney this coming Saturday, Feb 23rd. We don't have another Disney trip planned until December, which is unusual for us, but decided we need to go other places for a change. ;)

Last edited:
I have been looking into possibly doing one of the Fireworks dessert cruises... Have any of you ever done this? Do you recommend it?

Totally agree with Cindy on this one, you will not want any dessert after HDDR! The food is all you can eat and so good. And don't forget you get dessert there, an amazing strawberry shortcake.

I highly recommend any fireworks cruise! We did the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise once, and it was AMAZING! It was just so fun, the captain was wonderul entertainment with stories, games, and jokes. We got to see the Water Pageant pass by directly in front of us. Then, watching the fireworks from the boat was so much more relaxing and serene. It is, by far, at the top of our list of favorite WDW experiences!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!