Oops, we did it again!

DisneyDeb83

Mouseketeer
Annual passes are dangerous! We purchased them last September knowing that we were taking two trips (September and January). Then we got a deal for a short trip in April. The past couple days I got the itch again and started pricing trips for July. Found great flights from Philly and room at ASM for less than $800 for the two of us. We will have four full days to spend at Disney!

I was surprised to see so many fast passes available for early in the day, except for FOP, SDMT and the new rides at Toy Story Land. Having not been to Disney in July in years I’m not sure what to expect. Touring Plans has the crowd calendar at mostly 8’s. I’m used to much lower crowd levels, so I’m trying to prepare myself, hoping this will be a good decision!

Any suggestions for doing Disney at this time would be greatly appreciated!

First, ditch the crowd calendars...they're wild guesses, at best.

Summer isn't all that busy, comparatively speaking. That's why you're finding FP+. You'll have no trouble getting them...we usually will go through 6-8 FP+ or more in a typical 6 hour day at WDW during the summer. 4th of July in MK itself is busy, but beyond that, it's not bad at all.

It's hot, but it's July in Florida. Just use common sense and do the long indoor a/c rides during midday, such as CoP, Philharmagic, Spaceship Earth, etc...

The biggest "issue" with July is the 15s...aka the South American tour groups. That's peak month for them, and they can be a bit of a pain.

I always thought the tour groups came in January, though I never noticed a large presence in the past. And I’m guessing they stay at the values? That gives me an excuse to upgrade to moderate! Thanks!

Haven't been in January, but my understanding is July is the month for them. Being a multi time July veteran, I can attest that they are out in droves. We stay off property, but I've heard that they do stay in the value resorts...and trash them pretty thoroughly.

Hoping that the tour groups don’t come til after the 10th. There seems to be a lot of availability at the values early in the month, but by the 14th there were no values left. I decided not to stress out over it, since I have no control.

As for the heat, guessing it should be similar to September? We are used to that time, and do take a lot of breaks, as suggested. Plus, being that we are getting older, our pace is MUCH slower!!!

Annual passes are dangerous! We purchased them last September knowing that we were taking two trips (September and January). Then we got a deal for a short trip in April. The past couple days I got the itch again and started pricing trips for July. Found great flights from Philly and room at ASM for less than $800 for the two of us. We will have four full days to spend at Disney!

I was surprised to see so many fast passes available for early in the day, except for FOP, SDMT and the new rides at Toy Story Land. Having not been to Disney in July in years I’m not sure what to expect. Touring Plans has the crowd calendar at mostly 8’s. I’m used to much lower crowd levels, so I’m trying to prepare myself, hoping this will be a good decision!

Any suggestions for doing Disney at this time would be greatly appreciated!

We love WDW in July, we've been the last two weeks over the last few years. There are crowds but it's not horrible, IMO it's better than the holidays and spring break. I agree with Klayfish, the crowd calendars aren't always 100% and if you plan your days and keep checking them, you'll never come up with a solid plan. There are kids travel groups in July but they aren't in the parks at least not noticeably, and we haven't seen any at our resorts, I would imagine they're at out there in bunches. When we last stayed at POP (two years prior) it was late July and I never noticed any groups. Since then we stay moderate.

Wow. July isn't that bad? You have just interjected me with new found hope regarding our June (2019) trip. We typically go during the 1st week of December or the week before Easter (home by the Wednesday before). What do you think the crowds will be like in late June?

Wow. July isn't that bad? You have just interjected me with new found hope regarding our June (2019) trip. We typically go during the 1st week of December or the week before Easter (home by the Wednesday before). What do you think the crowds will be like in late June?

Same as July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter