Open VMK?!

Well, it appears the server hosting the game was deliberately taken offline, while the OpenVMK forums have been sealed off for the past few hours. 1 week... it lasted 1 week before immaturity took its toll.

*sigh* teenagers... :p

Whoever was doing the actual servers is pretty cool actually. He got like 30k http request from my IP address, and found me on Skype and asked me if I was DDoSing the server, and I let him know if I was, it definitely wasn't intentional, and unbanned me. So I don't have zero hope, but they aren't seeming great on the moderation end. Pretty cool with the technical staff though.

Okay, I only joined this to address this.

Here's the story:

2 years ago, Nick (the founder) started working on the project to create OpenVMK. Someone he knew emailed him the VMK files. How did that person get it? Well, Disney/VMK let it out in the open back when the game was open. Anyway, Nick started on the project. People always doubted him, but he kept trying and didn't give up. There was a huge break in 2012 I think. But, then 2013 it was back.

He recruited Amy upon finding one of her YouTube videos of a VMK test. This is in June 2013. Amy is amazing with developing and she's a professional at it, she skyrocketed the process. On June 18, 2013, the forums released. Nick made someone named Grace a mod, then she worked her way up to admin. She's very very controlling and they hire really bad and immature moderators who kissed up for the job. Anyway, the game finally opened and the first week was going great. First day or 2 days a lot of people couldn't come online but in as little as 3-4 days Nick & Amy fixed the server and it was running perfectly. Everything was going great.

Until, 2 days ago.. someone was jealous and had to make up a bs story about Amy. Who was it? It was Grace. She was jealous and hated Amy since the first day. She told Nick that they found a "malicious virus" in the files. They then made a forum post announcing that they fired Amy. (Since most of you don't have a forum on OpenVMK Forums and plus it's down, they posted it on their site too here)

Amy was getting soooo much hate. People fell for it, and sadly so did I. Grace got what she wanted, to get rid of Amy. This caused a LOT of drama. Everything started to fall out.

Amy made a video explaining the truth and how she's innocent here please watch it

Everyone went on Amy's side and Grace got a lot of hate on Twitter and forum members. She got what she wanted, attention.

I can go on and on about a lot of drama and problems going on, but this is it.

OpenVMK is legit. Disney knew about it, they didn't do anything cause they don't care. This is coming from someone who has been supporting OVMK for a long time. But, now it's sadly done.

Now, Amy is making her own open server game. She's simply making a copy just like in that video. Don't know how long it will take but, it seems easy. It's called My Mystical Kingdom (eh don't like the name either lol)

Anyway, if you have any questions about all this drama and everything going on, don't hesitate to message me here my user is the same as on here :)
- Chanteh

Okay, I only joined this to address this.

Here's the story:

2 years ago, Nick (the founder) started working on the project to create OpenVMK. Someone he knew emailed him the VMK files. How did that person get it? Well, Disney/VMK let it out in the open back when the game was open. Anyway, Nick started on the project. People always doubted him, but he kept trying and didn't give up. There was a huge break in 2012 I think. But, then 2013 it was back.

He recruited Amy upon finding one of her YouTube videos of a VMK test. This is in June 2013. Amy is amazing with developing and she's a professional at it, she skyrocketed the process. On June 18, 2013, the forums released. Nick made someone named Grace a mod, then she worked her way up to admin. She's very very controlling and they hire really bad and immature moderators who kissed up for the job. Anyway, the game finally opened and the first week was going great. First day or 2 days a lot of people couldn't come online but in as little as 3-4 days Nick & Amy fixed the server and it was running perfectly. Everything was going great.

Until, 2 days ago.. someone was jealous and had to make up a bs story about Amy. Who was it? It was Grace. She was jealous and hated Amy since the first day. She told Nick that they found a "malicious virus" in the files. They then made a forum post announcing that they fired Amy. (Since most of you don't have a forum on OpenVMK Forums and plus it's down, they posted it on their site too here)

Amy was getting soooo much hate. People fell for it, and sadly so did I. Grace got what she wanted, to get rid of Amy. This caused a LOT of drama. Everything started to fall out.

Amy made a video explaining the truth and how she's innocent here please watch it

Everyone went on Amy's side and Grace got a lot of hate on Twitter and forum members. She got what she wanted, attention.

I can go on and on about a lot of drama and problems going on, but this is it.

OpenVMK is legit. Disney knew about it, they didn't do anything cause they don't care. This is coming from someone who has been supporting OVMK for a long time. But, now it's sadly done.

Now, Amy is making her own open server game. She's simply making a copy just like in that video. Don't know how long it will take but, it seems easy. It's called My Mystical Kingdom (eh don't like the name either lol)

Anyway, if you have any questions about all this drama and everything going on, don't hesitate to message me here my user is the same as on here :)
- Chanteh

Thank you. This is my understanding as well and I believed Amy. Too much drama. And of course Disney knew about it. ;) I am surprised at the number of people who seemed shocked that they were doing this and thought "Disney will catch up with them soon." Disney has been ahead of the game all along. :)

Bleh, I just wanted to play vmk and have fun! This is leaving a sourpuss taste in my mouth :( That being said, wherever a vmk server is open, I'll be there. Drama or not, lol!

I'm sure you've seen tonight the placard on the OVMK site:

"Open VMK has reached its end as a public VMK remake. A thank you goes out to each of you that have supported OVMK until these last days. I have (for the most part) thoroughly enjoyed this whole experience. Long live VMK"

The Forum is shut down.

It was a dream while it lasted.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm sure you've seen tonight the placard on the OVMK site:

"Open VMK has reached its end as a public VMK remake. A thank you goes out to each of you that have supported OVMK until these last days. I have (for the most part) thoroughly enjoyed this whole experience. Long live VMK"

The Forum is shut down.

It was a dream while it lasted.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

lol just go to mymysticalkingdom.com. It's by Amy, who made this entire thing happen for real and not just remain a pipe dream. Been talking with her on Skype a bit, and she seems to have the perfect balance of willingness to do new things, and interest in what made the old ways unique. It's quite interesting talking to her, because she never actually played VMK, and is learning about its quirks from us. I was just telling her about how the old HOST teleporter rooms worked.

Jedi - are you finding that the forums are down again this morning? I cannot even get in with a proxy.

I expect there's a new thread for myvmk by now, but wanted to let anyone coming across this thread, that Amy (and others) are now running the game as "myvmk". There is a forum and a game, NOT Open Source. quite similar to the old vmk.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts