Opening date for Ratatouille

Add on to that. The last festival ends June 1st. Without festival stuff to keep people busy, EPCOT would be dead with no SE, all the construction already taking place, and the fact that historically summer is Epcot's lowest season crowd wise because of the lack of festivals.

Crowds would congregate in small pockets of the park driving up lines and creating bottle necks and leaving food lines miles long OR it would be an utter ghost town. We've already seen a dip in EPCOT crowds these last few weeks with the current level of construction plus having had Test Track down (yes its now reopened but) and that was even DURING a festival.
I'm just saying. Disney would run into big problems on one end of the spectrum or the other.

If you look at the historic touring plans crowd calendar for the last few weeks, every park except Epcot has been 9-10 every day. Where Epcot has been 5-8.
So that illustrates your point.

though careful what you wish for. Epcot has been the only park with manageable lines.

I’m actually thinking Memorial Day. Construction is moving along rapidly AND they are closing Spaceship Earth end of May. I would think they would keep it open until Ratatouille is ready. Down a major ride, the crowds would be a nightmare.
I am also thinking along your lines. Since they are closing Spaceship Earth the day after Memorial Day i am figuring they might want a new ride open to get people in the park so Memorial weekend opening is logical........but who knows what Disney thinks.........l

It has been said elsewhere and tend to agree but have no insight on it. It is believed we will know the exact opening day in the next couple of days as part of the opening of Mickey and Minnie's Runway Railways. Right now they want all focus on that so there is not much info on Ratatouille until after is opening.

It would be amazing if it was open for our end of May trip! We’re missing SE by 2 days- being able to ride Ratatouille would be a great consolation prize! 🤞

I hope it's early in summer because we're going late in summer and the longer it's been open before we arrive, the better, as far as I'm concerned! 😄

I would think Memorial Day weekend with Spaceship Earth going down then.
I am also thinking along your lines. Since they are closing Spaceship Earth the day after Memorial Day i am figuring they might want a new ride open to get people in the park so Memorial weekend opening is logical........but who knows what Disney thinks.........l
I REALLY hope those of you that think it is opening Memorial Day are correct (that would be the best case scenario for me as well!). But I'm not sure SE going down would be *that* much of an indicator. They closed GMR in HS before TSL and SWGE were done making it a one ride park for anyone with kids under 40".

I still think 2nd week July. Hope I'm wrong though and everyone that wants to ride it before then gets to :)

I REALLY hope those of you that think it is opening Memorial Day are correct (that would be the best case scenario for me as well!). But I'm not sure SE going down would be *that* much of an indicator. They closed GMR in HS before TSL and SWGE were done making it a one ride park for anyone with kids under 40".

I still think 2nd week July. Hope I'm wrong though and everyone that wants to ride it before then gets to :)
Have you seen the most recent construction photos? I see them waiting till the official start of summer (June 21st or whatever) but there's no way they'll need till July 14th with how far along this thing is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter