Operation Look Good in my Disney Pics - comments welcome

wishiwereindisney

Mouseketeer
AKA I need to lose baby weight!

The goal is to lose 10 pounds by my Jan trip - I have more to lose but it's a good start! I know that the holidays are going to be a huge challenge but I think it's time to make this happen - can't wait for the holidays to pass first! I hope someone will follow this thread to hold me accountable :thumbsup2

Weigh in day is Friday October 7th.

A little background - I began "jogging" over the summer. I started out mostly walking but now am up to jogging for 26 minutes. My clothes are fitting a bit better and my family has said it looks like I have lost weight but the scale has barely moved! I don't really have another exercise option as I have a toddler who will not cooperate with me exercising but likes to be out in the jogging stroller.

My plan is to keep up with the jogging and start counting calories. Does anyone have any recommended websites for that? I have joined calorie count.

Weigh in day! Pretty much what I expected but still not fun. I know the toughest issues for me are going to be avoiding sweets and keeping some variety in my exercise routine. Still this morning I am feeling pretty positive!

Hey there --

I'm doing WW and looking forward to the Disney 5K in January by doing a little under 3mi of walking each morning. (No running for me b/c of knee injuries).

So far, this has worked really well for me. When I want to eat bad or skip walking, I remind myself how much walking there is in WDW -- and how small some of those classic ride vehicles are. Last time I was on POC, the boat was listing DANGEROUSLY due to too many large people on one side!

A little background - I began "jogging" over the summer. I started out mostly walking but now am up to jogging for 26 minutes. My clothes are fitting a bit better and my family has said it looks like I have lost weight but the scale has barely moved! I don't really have another exercise option as I have a toddler who will not cooperate with me exercising but likes to be out in the jogging stroller.

My plan is to keep up with the jogging and start counting calories. Does anyone have any recommended websites for that? I have joined calorie count.

Keep in mind, muscle weights more than fat. I haven't lost any weight since May (I've actually gained 5 pounds), but my clothes fit me better than they ever have. I've started an upper body workout and my arms have gotten quite a bit bigger since.

You don't need to be all-consumed with a scale. Just go with how you feel and look. That should be your barometer. I used to weight daily. Now, I weigh about once every 2-3 weeks.

Well a horrible virus has just ripped through our house and completely derailed my diet goals! It's basically been two weeks of taking care of a sick kid then suffering through it myself. Very discouraging. I am going to keep my goal though (although now I have 11 pounds to go in less time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter