Opinion of Hampton Inn South of Universal

Bea

DIS Veteran
I have found a great rate at the above hotel for $49.00 for July. I was wondering if anyone has any experiences at this hotel? There is also a Hampton Inn on International Drive. If anyone has any information on this one I would be interested in hearing anything about it as well. Thanks

Are you talking about the one on Sandlake? I'd be interested as well, we got $39 night there in August.

If anything Hampton Inn has a 100% guarantee..

One of them is on Kirkman (or Kirkland ?) Road, and the other is on Sand Lake. The one south of Universal has coffee makers, fridges and microwaves in all rooms. The other only has them in some of their rooms.

I'm think I know which one you are talking about b/c I tried to check in there thinking that's where my ressie was. The girl told me my ressie was at the other one (less than a mile down the same road). I got a rate of 45 dollars at that one.

Hampton Inn Orlando-Convention Center
8900 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819

The one I think you are referring to was a five minute or less drive to Universal and the one we stayed at was 10 minutes or less. They were both nice and the free continental breakfast in the morning is a plus, too. I would definitely recommend.

The one they advertise as "South of Universal" is the one on Kirkman Road. I'm salso staying there friday of Mother's Day weekend for $59.00, how did you guys get the $49.00 & $39.00 rate? Most Hampton Inn's are the same except some have queen size beds which this one does & some have Doubles. They do have that great guarentee which I have used & have gotten all my $$ back beacuse the HI we stayed at was so old & dirty.

Stayed at the HI South of US on Kirkman Rd for 2 nights in 10/99. The rooms were very nice with frig & microwaves.The only downside was the pool was rather small. I also have res. for 8 nights in May at the HI Sandlake at the $39 rate by booking directly through their site: www.hamptoninnidrive.com . I've driven by it; it's much bigger than most HIs; it has several bldgs. surrounding a very large pool area and the rooms all open to exterior corridors.

I used the same site #1 Titans fan used for my $39 rate in August.

Wow, I'm encouraged to hear about it.

39 does not include 11% room tax, but then it turns out to be $42.39 or something like that.

Originally posted by #1 TITANS FAN
Stayed at the HI South of US on Kirkman Rd for 2 nights in 10/99. The rooms were very nice with frig & microwaves.The only downside was the pool was rather small. I also have res. for 8 nights in May at the HI Sandlake at the $39 rate by booking directly through their site: www.hamptoninnidrive.com . I've driven by it; it's much bigger than most HIs; it has several bldgs. surrounding a very large pool area and the rooms all open to exterior corridors.

THANK-YOU!!! I saved $10.00! I booked under the site & got $49.00 instead of Kirkman at $59.00. Ijust need a room because we are arriving late Friday night & checking in PBH Saturday so I didn't want to spend the $$$ at PBH Friday night!
Thanks again! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter