Opinion Poll: Should Epcot's Spaceship Earth be replaced/demolished by a new attraction?

Should Epcot's Spaceship Earth be replaced/demolished by a new attraction?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
What? Absolutely not! And this is coming from someone who believes that Disney should constantly change and innovate. They can completely replace the ride inside, but the great golf ball shalt not leave.

Another no vote here. I love Spaceship Earth!

I would be willing to trade it for a truly immersive “spaceship” experience. As in, a zero gravity experience. If you can somehow push total weightlessness to center of the table I’ll fold.

Spaceship earth is arguably my favorite dark ride. This is coming from someone who went on forbidden journey four times in one day!!! I would do the same for spaceship but it’s kind of long, that’s like 50 minutes of the day there, and ever since they’ve added fastpass to it the line is unusually long

I remember when there was a different sponsor so the ride had different scenes, but no, I can't imagine taking down the ball and replacing it with something else.

Wow, an unanimous poll! I'm impressed!

Of course I always welcome updates to attractions, but Spaceship Earth rocks. It taught me things and I didn't even know I was learning!
All of Future World used to be educational and fun like that. They called it "edutainment". Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land are the last remaining elements of this. I miss the rest so much.

Would you allow or prevent having a new ride replace/demolish Epcot's Spaceship Earth?

Sadly I don't have the clout to either allow it or prevent it. :rolleyes:
But I would be mad if it were replaced or demolished. It's one of my favourite rides.

No, Spaceship Earth is the icon of Epcot. It should remain always. To me, removing it from Epcot, would be equal to removing Cinderella’s castle from Magic Kingdom. There are just some things at a Disney World that should just always be...
:worship:Cinderella’s castle, Spaceship Earth, and the Animal Kingdom’s tree of life

Ack, NEVER! I’m all for changing things (I actually really dig the interactive video portion they added, it’s way better than the hilariously dated “communications of the future” that used to accompany the ride back earth)
but that ride IS Epcot to me. (Of course the great move ride WAS Hollywood Studios to me as well, sooooo. . .)

How about if it was replaced by a new hotel? You would be able to exit right into Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!