Opinions needed on Camper Purchase

ugadog99

<font color=blue>Has been waiting patiently for a
Okay, here's the scenario...I am a single mom of two girls,11 and 8. I ALWAYS camped at Ft. Wilderness at least once a year for about 15 years. I want to make Disney an annual trip for our family. I own a Chevy Tahoe for pulling purposes. Obviously, I can't handle anything too large by myself. I have thought about popups. Please give your opinion on what type camper you think a single mom can handle pulling and setting up. Thanks.

Another single mom here looking at purchasing a popup! We are tent campers and I am ready to up grade to a popup. I had a couple of different issues as I drive a minivan so I need to watch the weight I can tow. A smaller popup will work great for us.

Your girls are big enough to help you set up camp so that shouldn't be a problem. Good luck!

Well, as a very happy pop up owner, I say go for it. THey are much easier to tow than a TT and solve your problem with the weight you can tow. Find out your exact towing limitations before you start towing.

Do your research now. Visit dealers in your area and get a feel for the dealers themselves. A good dealer can make the owning of a pop up more of a pleasure.

A great source of information for pop ups is Pop Up Times Message Boards . If you have a problem with that link, try this onePOp Up Times Message Boards (by IP address) . They have been having problems with their web hosting service fo a few days.

I also have my own web site where I have information on our camping in our Coleman Santa Fe pop up.

Good luck in your search.

Another vote for a pop-up. They're easy to tow (and store!), and they're really not hard to set up at all. I've heard that the new Colemans have a higher crank, so that would make them even easier. DH and I set ours up together, but I've done each part of it by myself and am sure I could do it alone.

If you're concerned about towing, stay away from slide-outs and showers. They both add a lot of weight, which makes towing more difficult. But with a Tahoe, it still wouldn't be hard. We have a 2001 Coleman Niagra, which is one of the heaviest ones out there, and we tow it just fine with a Dodge Durango. You probably have a slightly higher towing capacity. Just be sure to get electric brakes if they're not included.

Thanks ya'll! I really want the girls to experience camping and I sure have missed being at FT. Wilderness. I'll let you know what I decide.

Hello- I am austinmommy's dh, we own an rv sales in Ohio and I would encourage you to consider an expandable trailer which is a combination between a pop up and a travel trailer. You could easily pull it with your vehicle and they are easier to set up then a pop up. They also hold their value better, and can be used while you travel. You can stop and use the kitchen, bathroom and sleep without having to set anything up. There are two beds that fold down on each end and that gives them tons of sleeping space. Inside you will have a dinette and a couch that also make into a bed. If you contact us I can let you know what brands are good and what brands to stay away from. Hope this helps- Good luck,and I know you can do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter