Opinions please..1st night meal for WDW neophytes

Nadine and Fred

<br>DIS Veteran
On our March '04 trip, I will be hosting my teen niece and nephew for a night and a day at the World. We will not go into the parks the first night (they live nearby and will meet me after school Friday) They both have never been to WDW in spite of living less than 1 hour away. Suggestions for a special fun first night dinner for them (they are 14 and 15 years old) Hoop de Do?? A character meal?? Thanks for your thoughts!

Aren't you a wonderful auntie! Where are you staying? That might determine just where you should all dine.

--penny

We always make a reservation at Chef Mickeys for our 1st night at WDW. It puts us in the DISNEY mood!!!

Boma, always the first night for dinner, for those who're not yet into Disney. It's a great meal which sort of ease you into the Disney theme. Plus, who wouldn't want to see the giraffe after meal?

How about a place where you can see the fireworks? Or, how about Cape May buffet and then a stroll around the boardwalk?

I could be way off about this and since 14-15 yr olds run the range of maturity and interests it's hard to say but Personally I think Hoop dee do is a little corny. maybe after you are in the "disney frame of mind" it is better.(we went with a DULL group which could also have colored my opinion of it) I have not been there but how about Disney Quest for the evening after dinner ( any listed above sound good) .from what I have read here some don't think it is all that interesting but some ( particularly teens)think it's great and it seems age appropriate in this case.

We (my DD 23 years old who is arriving the next day) are staying at the GF...:) Very excited as I have stayed at all the other deluxes except this one! I actually love Boma but I think we will leave that for the next evening. And...thinking about the comment re: Hoop de Doo, you may be right.

I think all but the most jaded teens would enjoy HoopdeDoo.
It's the kind of place that you laugh in spite of yourself.

Since you're staying at the GF I would also consider California Grill or Narcoossee's.

CG has lots of different choices, great food, an incredible view and it's fun to take the monorail to dinner.

If they enjoy seafood Narcoossee's would be nice since it is at your resort, also has good food and enjoys a beautiful spot on the lake.

our usual first night when our kids were teens was a restaurant and DTD since everyone was tired. The ones they particularly enjoyed were usually in the parks but Artist Point was nice and the lodge was nice to stroll around in and go out to the geyser. My kids were never "jaded" but let's face it dancing around about strawberry shortcake ala HDD is not normal teen entertainment!. How about the boardwalk? I think they have some carnival like games there(?) or mini. golf?

jann1033, didn't mean to offend. From your post I didn't think you had tried HdD with teens. I take it that yours didn't enjoy it.:D

I was just speaking from our experience and from watching other teens at the show. Our youngest just turned 18 but our three children...each VERY different from each other...enjoyed it throughout their teen years. Now we went to the show only every 2-3 years but they always enjoyed it. Other kids seem to also. But each to their own of course!

Nadine and Fred, since they live less than an hour away I guess fatigue won't be a big factor. Maybe think about where you feel the magic the most and share that with them. Also after dinner you could take them on a monorail circuit to give them a feel for the magic. Since you'll be at the GF, the Electrical Water Pageant would be fun to see too.

bcv23! no offense taken but thanks for mentioning it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter