Options for Fishing at the Fort

Hundred Acre Woods

Earning My Ears
I have friends camping with us at the Fort in a few weeks that really enjoy fishing. What options are there for fishing other than the guided excursions from the marina? I know I have seen people fish from the banks in the past and did not know if it was still allowed. I appreciate any information you could give.

We fish along the canal when we go. They have the signs about gators and snakes. We just got back from a weekend trip today. No one said anything and we caught a few fish to boot. I know they don't like you fishing on Bay Lake from the bank. The last trip down we fished on Bay Lake down were the canal is. We stayed behind the rope barrier. A c/m asked us to move back over to the canal if a boat pulled up. He said he was ok with us fishing there as long as a guide boat didn't show up. Not sure if all the c/m's would have the same attitude.

A good place to fish is from the Meadow dock. Bring some cheap greasy hot dogs for bait.

The dock is the only place you can fish by the meadow trading post. DH used to catch good fish in the pond years ago when you could fish anywhere. He also caught a 3 Ft gator there one year. Came up and hit a spinner bait. He also fished the canals behind 300 loop and did ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter