Orange Lake Information Thread

We stayed in Magnolia for 2 nights in Dec. And they are a different HOA for magnolia. They are older, and balconies face the highway. So it is very loud.

Looking at the Google satellite view, it looks as if there are rooms on both sides of those buildings. You get a golf course view or a parking lot view. A huge portion of those single story units definitely appear to have golf views (not all, but most look like it).

We just stayed in the Tennis Villas, The rooms go from the front (parking lot) to the back of the building. They all have enclosed patios and golf course views in the back. The door is on the parking lot side.

Yes, they look like multi-level buildings as well from the Google Satellite view.

I have to remember to start using Google Satelite views......Thanks!!!

We stayed in Magnolia for 2 nights in Dec. And they are a different HOA for magnolia. They are older, and balconies face the highway. So it is very loud.

Thanks!!!! I wonder why they are a different HOA ??? If they are older, I am definitely not interested. Thanks for the info !!!

We just stayed in the Tennis Villas, The rooms go from the front (parking lot) to the back of the building. They all have enclosed patios and golf course views in the back. The door is on the parking lot side.

Thanks!!! I think I will be ok with views of the Golf Course. I just don't want to view a parking lot and I am not a fan of the one story units in West Village. The enclosed patio/balcony is a MUST HAVE for me. I don't like the open patios at all. I am actually afraid of trying West Village because I am so afraid I am going to get stuck in one of those units.

I have to remember to start using Google Satelite views......Thanks!!!

Thanks!!!! I wonder why they are a different HOA ??? If they are older, I am definitely not interested. Thanks for the info !!!

Thanks!!! I think I will be ok with views of the Golf Course. I just don't want to view a parking lot and I am not a fan of the one story units in West Village. The enclosed patio/balcony is a MUST HAVE for me. I don't like the open patios at all. I am actually afraid of trying West Village because I am so afraid I am going to get stuck in one of those units.

You can't go wrong in the Tennis Villas in my opinion. The building next to the check-in building would be the best. Your balcony faces west over a narrow strip of golf course then the lake. I'm guessing very nice sunsets from there and also it's the building closest to the pools. Our balcony faced north over a pond (with a small alligator in it) and the golf course, we could see Magic Kingdom fireworks in the distance and we were only on the third floor.

You can't go wrong in the Tennis Villas in my opinion. The building next to the check-in building would be the best. Your balcony faces west over a narrow strip of golf course then the lake. I'm guessing very nice sunsets from there and also it's the building closest to the pools. Our balcony faced north over a pond (with a small alligator in it) and the golf course, we could see Magic Kingdom fireworks in the distance and we were only on the third floor.

It's my wish to get placed in Tennis Villas. First I have to see what DH budget will allow before I can start making plans. :rolleyes:

We are about 3 weeks out from our trip (4 weeks to ORL). I am not a huge planner, but I do prefer to be informed. We did not do the 180 days ADR Olympics. Because we are AP holders, I did get a throwaway campsite in order to start my FP+ selections. With that said, the one thing still bothering me is ORL. It is not the resort itself. More to the point, is the lack of information out there. I can say the same about every other offsite place to stay except Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

My hope is that after this trip to provide a ton of information. Youtube videos are limited. There are some videos of the grounds, but nothing too comprehensive. I will not make huge comprehensive videos, but I should be able to get a lot more information available. I am kind of thinking that many people are trying to keep this as a hidden gem. I have a feeling my GoPro-clone will be getting a good workout for resort videos.

Does anyone know how much the Play Passes cost at River Island for tubes, mini golf, hippo slide package?

Does anyone know how much the Play Passes cost at River Island for tubes, mini golf, hippo slide package?
I fixed and added few new links on the first post. It looks like they raised their prices. 3-day Play Pass $42.95. 7-day Play Pass is $74.95.7-day Putt Pass is $19.95. That all got expensive very quickly.

Last edited:
I fixed and added few new links on the first post. It looks like they raised their prices. 3-day Play Pass $42.95. 7-day Play Pass is $74.95.7-day Putt Pass is $19.95. That all got expensive very quickly.
Thanks! And yes it did get pricey!

I am looking at maps on how to get to the various Disney parks. I have absolutely no firsthand experience. For those that have stayed at Orange Lake, what route do you take to get to the parks? From what I have read, avoiding 192 is a good idea as much as possible because of all the lights.

AK: 192 to Black Lake Rd to Sherbeth to Osceola Parkway, and then into AK

MK, Epcot, DHS, BB, TL, DS: 192 to 429 (toll road), 429 to Western Blvd, Western Blvd to Buena Vista Dr, from here, you pretty much know the way to each place.

***429 Toll Estimate***
129 to Western Blvd via 429 (each way multiply by 2 for RT)
EPass: $1.06
Cash: $1.25
SunPass, Lee Way, Georgia Peach Pass, NC Quick Pass: $1.06
Pay By Plate: $1.45

Last edited:
Another question that needs to be answered. Hopefully, I will have an idea by the time I get there. With AK opening at 7AM one morning, I know my DD and DW will not be going with me very early. I will need to get Uber. I have to see what it takes to get an Uber driver access past the gate for a pickup. I also have to see if it worth it for me to Uber very early or for them around 7AM.

I am looking at maps on how to get to the various Disney parks. I have absolutely no firsthand experience. For those that have stayed at Orange Lake, what route do you take to get to the parks? From what I have read, avoiding 192 is a good idea as much as possible because of all the lights.

MK, Epcot, DHS, BB, TL, DS: 192 to 429 (toll road), 429 to Western Blvd, Western Blvd to Buena Vista Dr, from here, you pretty much know the way to each place.

***429 Toll Estimate***

OMG!!! I am getting so EXCITED about YOUR vacation !!! A week at Bonnet Creek and a week at Orange Lake!! Sounds fantastic!!! I still don't have any of my reservations confirmed yet. I am still hoping for a last minute deal for a great rate. Since I am going at the end of August, I think I will get great rates again. Did I mention I got a 2 bedroom in WBC last year (Building 5, 12th floor, balcony facing lake/lazy river) for a grand total of $599 !!!! Unbelievable!!! I am hoping for something along those lines again for both WBC and OL. But I am SUPER excited about your vacation and can't wait to hear all about it. I have a feeling that once you go for 2 full weeks, it is going to become the "norm" if you can fit it into your annual vacation budget. Woo-Hoo !!!! :cool1::banana::cheer2:

***429 Toll Estimate***
We have stayed at Orange Lake many times and use the "back" gated entrance from River Island that goes by the Publix. We take the Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway (which I think is 192) to World Drive. There are lights, but we don't think it's horrible, and no tolls this way. Hope this helps!

Thanks Ami. I am just pulling information together before I go. I will be timing all my trips for travel to and from parks. The reason is that people think it is faster to travel from resorts to parks. Depending on the resort and park, the 1 park may be faster. However, over the course of an entire week vacation, driving will be much faster. Last time I timed it, I saved about 8 hours over the course of a week. That is timing from when I walk out of the room and arrive at the Security check or when I walk under the park exit to arriving at the room. The only park that has a longer trip is MK for staying offsite. However, I consider the ferry or monorail a ride and worth the extra 10-15 minute trip.

Thanks Ami. I am just pulling information together before I go. I will be timing all my trips for travel to and from parks. The reason is that people think it is faster to travel from resorts to parks. Depending on the resort and park, the 1 park may be faster. However, over the course of an entire week vacation, driving will be much faster. Last time I timed it, I saved about 8 hours over the course of a week. That is timing from when I walk out of the room and arrive at the Security check or when I walk under the park exit to arriving at the room. The only park that has a longer trip is MK for staying offsite. However, I consider the ferry or monorail a ride and worth the extra 10-15 minute trip.
No problem! It usually takes us about 15 to 20 minutes to get to a park parking lot. I've only stayed on property once, but I prefer having my own car over waiting for Disney buses. The cost of parking is a downer thoughh, but if you know anyone with an annual pass and they rode with you you'd be all set! :)

I am an AP holder. When I stay offsite, even if not an AP holder, I search for one that is willing to mail their band for free parking. Most of the time, I have had no issue finding someone. They just ask for the shipping. I have sent one band back attached to a stuffed animal. My travel times from WBC were 5-10 minutes. I am expecting from OLR to be a little longer.

***429 Toll Estimate***

We took 192 to World Drive quite a bit, the lights are no problem, and this was spring break time. We went home one time via Western Way to 429, we waited forever to get thru the toll booth, and didn't take that way again.

Good to know. I will take both ways at different times to get an idea. We have the windshield box to just drive through which will save time. I try to provide real times it takes to get from resort to parking lot and parking lot to entrance. Reverse for the return trip. The reason I do it is that onsite people insist they get to the parks faster even when proven it is not the case over the course of a one week vacation. I know driving I will save at least 2-6 hours.

Good to know. I will take both ways at different times to get an idea. We have the windshield box to just drive through which will save time. I try to provide real times it takes to get from resort to parking lot and parking lot to entrance. Reverse for the return trip. The reason I do it is that onsite people insist they get to the parks faster even when proven it is not the case over the course of a one week vacation. I know driving I will save at least 2-6 hours.

2 weeks and 2 days to go!!! I am so excited for you!! :laughing: I know that it's your vacation and I want you to enjoy every moment of it. But I can't wait to hear of your Orange Lake Experience, info and other tidbits. Do you already know which village you will be in? Did you make any special requests on your reservation? What are you looking forward to the most at Orange Lake?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter