Ordering dinner room service in advance

stitchfan18

DIS Veteran
I’ve read that you can call the night before and schedule a specific time for breakfast in advance through room service, but i’m wondering if you can call in the morning or early afternoon and set up a specific dinner time.

We’ll be at the Poly next month and will probably order the twilight feast a couple times. I’d rather have a scheduled time for it to arrive instead of waiting around the room.

Anyone know if this is possible? TIA!

Probably not possible, but you can call and ask.

Breakfast is able to be scheduled because, first, that's not uncommon throughout the hospitality industry; and second, because the customers are reasonably expected to [still] be in the rooms at the time.

If they allow you to schedule the twilight feast and you get delayed, or your plans change on the fly, oops! Better to see if you can call from outside the hotel on your way back and order it for when you know you'll be in the room.

Breakfast preorder makes sense. Typically the menu is left in the door the night before, picked up in the wee hours when you are sleeping. You are in your room and w breakfast little chance you aren’t there when it arrives

With dinner, if you were to preorder the chances you aren’t in your room when it arrives is pretty high. Stuck on the monorail, waiting for a bus, having too much fun to leave...the list goes on

I have never heard of a preorder for dinner. If you have success let us know

Thanks for the replies! I’m hoping I can call before heading to the pool and set up an early dinner time, even though they’ll still be serving lunch. I’d just rather have a more firm window of when our food would arrive vs. the usual 60-90 minute range they may give when you order. We’ll have to try it next month and see what they say.

I can be wrong, but I think that won't work. They won't have begun prepping the dinner menu. Why not call from the pool, about an hour before you head back to the room?

Whether they are preping for dinner is irrelavent. The OP is wanted to have it delivered during the time they normally deliver it.

For example, it is now 9:45am ET. Even though my Pizza Hut is not currently opened, I can still place an order for delivery at 1pm (for example). The OP is wanting to something similiar.

I can be wrong, but I think that won't work. They won't have begun prepping the dinner menu. Why not call from the pool, about an hour before you head back to the room?

I don't see why this would be a problem. You can special order things like cakes and specialty desserts for delivery at a certain time. Not all of those come from the same place your dinner order would but some of them do. You are staying onsite so even if you aren't there they can leave it in your room and charge it to your room like anything else. It's worth calling and asking.

I’ll definitely report back after our trip. I’m surprised no one has first hand experience since this is pretty standard with food delivery as a PP mentioned. Obviously room service isn’t exactly the same as ordering a pizza off site, so I won’t be surprised if they say to call back when dinner service begins.

Just out of curiosity, does the time you call to order determine what menu you order from? We’ve only ever ordered pizza when we arrived late one night without dinner, so we’re definitely new to it!

Haven’t tried to order for future delivery, but at Poly now and the Private Dining (i.e. room service) menu says you can order ahead. Doesn’t give parameters. Will attempt to add photo here. (the menu is dated May 2018)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 50
PS fwiw I only see a $50 Twilight Feast. Thought I read there’s a $40 version too. Don’t see a child version at all (but didn’t look that closely).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 35
PS fwiw I only see a $50 Twilight Feast. Thought I read there’s a $40 version too. Don’t see a child version at all (but didn’t look that closely).

My family stayed at Poly during the July 4th week. I can confirm that there is no longer a child option for the Twilight Feast on the room service menu. There was only the adult version at $50 per person. We ordered 1 adult portion for 2 adults to share. It was more than enough food for us.

Haven’t tried to order for future delivery, but at Poly now and the Private Dining (i.e. room service) menu says you can order ahead. Doesn’t give parameters. Will attempt to add photo here. (the menu is dated May 2018)
Thanks for posting this! I’d heard awhile back about them doing away with the children’s portions and upping the adult price. If you do order ahead, i’d love to hear your experience! I’ll report back after our trip in a few weeks as well.

Just an update: as posted above, you can order Lunch/Dinner in advance. We only ordered room service once during our last trip. We came back from AK early in the afternoon, and decided to place our order before heading to the pool. We called around 2 and asked for 5:30 delivery. We left the pool around 4:30 to get cleaned up before dinner. Luckily we were in our room early because dinner arrived around 5:10 instead of 5:30 like we had requested. I’m guessing they sent our order as soon as Ohana had it prepared. It wasn’t a big deal for us, but you might plan a little cushion around your scheduled meal time for an early delivery if utilizing the order ahead option.

We ordered the twilight feast, and since we haven’t been to Ohana is many years, I can’t really compare the quality between the two options as well as others. It was very good, and one adult portion was plenty for our family of 4, (our two toddlers only wanted the noodles, which there were plenty of!) It did come early, but it was nice and hot when it arrived. We loved the convenience of eating on our own schedule in our room, and we’ll definitely do it again on our next trip!

We ordered the twilight feast, and since we haven’t been to Ohana is many years, I can’t really compare the quality between the two options as well as others. It was very good, and one adult portion was plenty for our family of 4, (our two toddlers only wanted the noodles, which there were plenty of!) It did come early, but it was nice and hot when it arrived. We loved the convenience of eating on our own schedule in our room, and we’ll definitely do it again on our next trip!
Do you remember about what it cost?

I spend half my life in hotels. Never heard of this

My bet is even if they say yes you will head to your room to discover no food as they will have lost your order. If true deluxe resorts can’t do this I have no faith in Disney
Pre-ordering is definitely on the rise in hotels. Marriott now offers "Fresh Bites" at many of its hotels. I travel a lot for work and it allows you to order from the mobile app for delivery to your room either ASAP or at a scheduled time. I have used it several times when in my Uber back from a client site to have food ready when I get there. Hotels realize they are now competing with DoorDash and GrubHub type delivery services and must adapt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter