• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ordering groceries vs. taking a cab to supermarket

danabell618

Earning My Ears
What do you think about ordering groceries vs. taking a cab to supermarket on day of arrival? Staying 8 days in villas at wilderness lodge.

Hmmm. Tough choice.

Call cab. Wait 20 minutes. Drive 20 minutes to grocery store. Shop 20 minutes. Cab back 20 minutes. Cab fare for an hour...plus tip. Carry groceries to villa yourself.

OR...wegoshop.com? Check their website and rates. BTW, I think someone mentioned earlier they offer 1/2 price for a second trip, which you may need staying 8 days. Fees are very modest - all reviews I've seen are raves...but then you miss the fun cab ride... :smooth:

I think I saw on their website the minimum charge was $15 but I'm not sure.

When I stayed with friends at VWL in March, we just shopped in the hotel store for the basics (bagels, jam, butter, cereal, milk, juice, soft drinks, munchies). They do charge more than a grocery store but it wasn't worth our time to drive to the store (we even had a rental car).

We are at BCV right now and used wegoshop.com, it was great. I made a list way ahead of time and emailed it to them. They couldn't accomodate my original time of 5pm for delivery, but were more than willing to leave the order with bell services if I gave them my credit card info. Eric (the owner) actually called before he came to see if I had a room number yet, at around 2:30 our first day. I met him at the room and he had all my cold groceries in coolers. The produce he picked out was great, and I got everything I asked for. He charged me $20, because my order was between $100 and $200. I will definitely use them again!

I just placed my first time order on wegoshop.com for a Tuesday arrival. I will let you know how it goes when I return. If it works as well as everyone writes, this is a top-notch service! What a wonderful idea. (I am just ordering breakfast items, snacks, and some water. I'm not the dinner- cooking -on- vacation kind.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter