Orlando Beer Festival

vllygrrl

Mouseketeer
I was looking at the Universal Website and noticed that the Orlando Beer Festival is going on November 10 & 11. http://www.orlandobeerfestival.com/index.html

It's an additional charge and the website is not clear as to what the tickets include. Has anyone gone to this in the past? It sounds like something my husband would very much enjoy...

Ok....well, I called CitiWalk guest services to see what I could find out. Basically, the $20 (or $25 if you buy it the day of the event) gets you a cup, she said it's a small cup, but you take this cup around everywhere with you and you can have free samples (well, they aren't free...since you paid I guess) from all the beer stations that are set up...there is no limit to the number of samples you get, she said it flows pretty freely!!! ;)
The woman I spoke to was VERY excited about it, she said it's a LOT of fun. You will get a special wristband or ID that allows you to take part, so non-drinkers are welcome too. The food that different places are offering are small portions, probably priced cheaply, I'm thinking this sounds like a beer version of the food and wine festival at EPCOT. This appeals to me more, since I like beer WAY more than wine! She said it was "all-over" Citywalk and it sounds like fun to me!

There was some talk about a MIB class on this weekend, so I'm going to go out there and say that between THAT and this thing, it has what I need to get up the courage to meet strangers at the parks! :D

I may even have to get a sitter! :D

Karen

i believe it is a CITYWALK thing so do not try to bring the beer into the parks.

I am shocked MsDisney that MIB class was not the stand alone reason for your attendence. Your car will spin uncontrollaby on MIB!!!!:D

You mean I can't bring a big jug and fill it with free beer to bring over to Universal with me??? :(

Actually, I would NEVER consider bringing the beer from there...I'm just kiddin' - I guess I should have said, "everywhere at Citywalk" - since that's where the event takes place...oops!

Now...about this spinning...that's fine, but if I were you, I'd make sure you're in a different car!!! :eek:

I'm draggin the kids to USF tomorrow after school for a little practice and then we're going to see Monsters Inc...

Has anyone checked out any of the Friday night concerts over there at Citywalk? I guess we will do that too!

Karen

This is funny, to say the least.

They're copying Busch Gardens, well, what can you say, BGT is Busch Beer, so there you go, the odds are stacked against IOA in that department.

Last month before Howl-O-Scream, BGT had a thing where you could sample beers and watch football on TV.

Then BGT had Howl-O-Scream, which I went too, which was a blast, and guess what... Adults we're drinking beer and riding roller coasters, and having a good time, with no fights or bad behavior.

Wow, what a concept.

People, don't spoil it. Don't get mad, be happy. I like having a few drinks and riding the best roller coasters in the world. When I have a couple drinks and ride Dueling Dragons, I LMAO... Man, the people in the front seat say S**T over and over again, it's so funny. You have to be there to understand what I'm saying.

Anyways, I'm sure IOA/USF will let the booze flow at special events. I just hope everyone stays cools and happy, so everyone can have a good time.

Don't blow it. Be happy, you're on vacation.

I believe this is either the 2nd or 3rd Annual Beer Fest, so Universal is not copying BGT.

There will be some local talent as well as some of the local radio stations djs/hosts performing. Try to catch the Monsters of the Mid Day show it's always alot of fun.

"Beer Beer Beer, let it flow like water. I love my beer beer beer", great words from the musical genius Bubba Whoop-*** Wilson( 1 of the Monsters) who specifically wrote "Beer Beer Beer" at Universal's request for the first Beer Fest.

I guess it's the 3rd annual, so say the ads...

So I was AT IOA and Citywalk today (we had to see Monsters Inc. so I figured a few hours in the park after the kids got out of school, before the movie was a good plan!) and I purchased my ticket for this Beer Festival. Guess I am now definitely going over there on Sat. the 10th! I figure, over the course of the day and night, I'll get my money's worth ($20 total) easily!

My score on MIB may either improve or get progressively worse as the day goes on....I'm not sure! :D

It sounds like a fun time...and hey, there's 150 different beers to sample! :D

I'm sure my kids will have a blast! LOL

Karen
Looks like the standing football thing on Sunday might be a sitting football thing...:rolleyes:

C'mon, Barry...

Where's your sense of ADVENTURE??? :D

Allright tho...maybe I should spread it out over an hour or so...LOL

You haven't met my hollow leg yet...:rolleyes:

Karen

MsDisney i bet you would love the special desserts MYTHOS will prepare if you ask. Such as Pear Cobbler with Cointreau. Or Pear Cobbler with Frangelica. If you have a thought they are more than willing to make it happen:cool:

Well now...I'd have to say that MOST of my thoughts wouldn't get me dessert, they'd get me kicked out!!! :D
Or, were you talking about a dessert idea? Truth be told, I really don't eat dessert, thank goodness! Cheese and fried foods are my weakness, and if I added dessert foods to that, I'd have alot more weight to lose!!! And, I'm not at the point where I feel the need to slip alcohol into my food!:rolleyes:

All kidding aside...I pressed my face against the window of Mythos the other day (they were closed as it was 5pm) and I looked at the menu (and the prices!) and I'm looking forward to dining there...I'll have to go there sometime when I have ditched the kids, and am meeting people or something!

They seem to have very limited hours....are they open for lunch? I forget what the hours were that were posted...

Oh, and if you absolutely insist that dessert there is a MUST, then well, I'd have to have some I guess, I wouldn't want to be rude! :D

Karen

This is the 3rd annual Orlando Beer Festival at Citywalk...you can get all the info at orlandobeerfestival.com....they will also be having the taste of Citywalk this year...food priced around $2 each...the menu looks great...from the citywalk restaurants. last years beer fest was a blast...everyone had so much fun! We are going again this year...have a room at the portofino.

can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter