Orlando on a budget.

tony111

Mouseketeer
Hi, frequent Disney Hotel visitor here, but this year my wife and our 30 something daughter are trying to book a holiday for themselves as I cannot make it this time. They have a tight budget so can't afford Disney property and are not renting a car. They want to go around November for 10 nights and stay as close to the magic as possible.Some hotels provide shuttles to the parks and some don't. Has anybody got any experience stopping off site and getting about without a car?

I stayed at a DS resort many years ago, it could be worth looking into them. I can't remember the name (it's changed anyway now), but I stayed in one that was really close to DS and we were almost just across the street, so they'll still be close to the magic and I believe that most if not all the DS resorts has a free shuttle. It's also not too far from Crossroads where you've got several different restaurants if they want something different than what Disney has to offer. I also know some people book into the Swan & Dolphin to save some money, but I don't know how much they charge.

Thank you GirlDreamer… The hotels that are really close to DS are out of their price range but they would like to stay around the Buena Vista area so they could walk to DS and make their way to the parks from there. They have looked at hotels that claim to be in that area, but when they look closer some are as far as 4 miles away.They think these hotels will be fine but I'm wondering how frequent and reliable are the shuttles they provide. We have been spoiled in the past by staying on site and using Disney buses. I would hate them leaving the parks late at night and hoping a hotel shuttle is gonna turn up.

We did it but several years ago and stayed at the Homewood Suites on I Drive. The hotel had a shuttle to both Disney and Universal, extremely reliable and the hotel was great. The only downside was that the shuttle back left before the fireworks at MK however this was in the days when the fireworks were at 10pm.

The shuttles left from the TTC so it could be a bit of pain at times.

I've stayed at Off Site hotels but not used their shuttles due to unreliability. Many make you book which ones you wanna use, and peanalise you if you're a no show. Alot are just not at convenient times, as mentioned by Rob above.

My suggestion would be stay a little further away towards Celebration, somewhere like the Orlando Grand Celebration Resort (used to be a Radisson, is currently being turned into a Delta (Marriot) hotel). There may be some construction during the day as it's gonna be having a refurb, so it's really cheap right now. It's basically at the end of World Drive, so they could either use their shuttle (I think it forces a TTC or Epcot route home), or get an Uber, even if that is to one of the Southern Disney Parks or Resorts getting Disney transport from there, to keep costs down.

Thanks for the replies everyone. They have booked the Clarion Hotel, and they think it's near the crossroads. It has a free shuttle which they will use, but if it's not reliable my daughter s gonna download the Uber app. They go Nov. 21st and I have to stop fussing :-)

Thanks for the replies everyone. They have booked the Clarion Hotel, and they think it's near the crossroads. It has a free shuttle which they will use, but if it's not reliable my daughter s gonna download the Uber app. They go Nov. 21st and I have to stop fussing :-)
Sounds good! we arrive on 24th Nov :)

Im sure I’ve passed that one. Looks lovely x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter