Oscars - Tonight's the Night!

WeatherbySwann

DIS Veteran
I would have put this in the Community Board, but it seem like it would hold more interest over here.

Disney's racked up in this year's Oscar nominations this year! I'm REALLY hoping that the ceremony won't be concelled like the Golden Globes was. Here are the nominations Disney garnered. (For an entire list of nominees, Disney and otherwise, click here.)

Enchanted
-Best Song - "That's How You Know"
-Best Song - "Happy Working Song"
-Best Song - "So Close"
With a 3/5 chance of winning, I think there's a chance Enchanted will win. ;)

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
-Makeup
-Visual Effects - if POTC doesn't win this, then the film who does must have had some pretty snazzy special effects to beat out the Maelstrom. pirate:

Ratatouille
-Best Animated Film
-Best Original Score (Michael Giacchino)
-Sound Editing
-Sound Mixing
-Best Original Screenplay (Brad Bird)

Let's hope for the best and, if we're lucky, February 24 will be a happy night in the world of Disney. :wizard:

Yeah! Go Enchanted. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE this movie, can't wait for the DVD.:lovestruc . I also hope that the ceremony isn't cancelled, It's my tradition to be the only one in the house awake for the whole thing.

Finally Movies I've actually seen are being nominated! I loved Enchanted and the song "That's how you know" just made me smile for days.

Yay Disney!

How exciting!!!!! I hope all of the movies do really well at the Oscars!!!! :)

Enchanted
-Best Song - "That's How You Know"
-Best Song - "Happy Working Song"
-Best Song - "So Close"

Some of the best new Disney music in years!

I posted about the wonderful soundtrack here on the boards the day the CD was released.

Thanks for posting.

Now if only Amy Adams had been given a nomination.
What a performance!

Finally Movies I've actually seen are being nominated! I loved Enchanted and the song "That's how you know" just made me smile for days.

Yay Disney!

Yeah, I know - it seems like every year I watch the Oscars just for "Best Animated Film", and last year Cars didn't even win - this year I can actually watch the whole thing and recognize the movies! :)

Some of the best new Disney music in years!

I posted about the wonderful soundtrack here on the boards the day the CD was released.

Thanks for posting.

Now if only Amy Adams had been given a nomination.
What a performance!

I agree, great soundtrack - the score is iffy, but the songs are fantastic. :wizard: I originally didn't really like "So Close", but I must say it's growing on me! :) I had it stuck in my head all day today.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1642702

EDIT: Good news! I just checked the Disney DVD website and Enchanted comes out March 18!!! (It's really tempting to purchase a Blu Ray Player for the "D Files" feature ;))

I heard we might be treated to a few performances from Enchanted. :)

Yes! Here's what's scheduled:

"Happy Working Song" - performed by Amy Adams herself (yay! :cool1: )

"That’s How You Know" - performed by Kristin Chenoweth and Marlon Saunders

"So Close" - performed by Jon McLaughlin

I can't wait! :cheer2:

There was an article in the Boston Globe last week that stated Amy Adams was "cheated" out of an oscar nomination. I agree. Her performance was at the very least, worthy of a nod. She was nominated for a Golden Globe. What's up with that, Oscar?

The Oscars will not be cancelled. The strike is over!

As far as the nominations, the Golden Globes has 2 categories for best actress in a movie, drama and comedy/musical. Since there are twice the categories are available for Golden Globes you get twice the available nominations. The Oscars don't do that yet. They have one category for best actress. Oh well.

The Oscars don't do that yet. They have one category for best actress.

... and they basically ignore comedy. But you can't feel too bad - there are lots of deserving, incredibly talented people who have never been recognized by the Academy. She did get nominated last year for supporting actress for Junebug, and she's young... lots of time to get more of them (and win).

My concern over best song is that they will cancel each other out, like with Dreamgirls, and something else will win.

Yeah! Fellow Oscar fans! It's the only awards show that I will watch! This is the first year that DD asked to watch it with me, so I will have company for a couple of hours at least!

1 hour and 15 minutes till showtime! :hyper:

Amy Adams was just interviewed by Ryan Seacrest on the E! Channel . . . they talked about her Giselle doll.

1 hour and 15 minutes till showtime! :hyper:

Amy Adams was just interviewed by Ryan Seacrest on the E! Channel . . . they talked about her Giselle doll.

Just finished watching Barbara Walter's interviewing Harrison Ford about the new Indiana Jones film -- maybe DHS will do something special for it since IJSS is there. Hmmm....

Woohoo! They just showed the dancers backstage for That's How You Know! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!! (I really hope they go ahead and get the songs out of the way - I'd like to be in bed by ten! :blush: )

Woohoo! They just showed the dancers backstage for That's How You Know! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!! (I really hope they go ahead and get the songs out of the way - I'd like to be in bed by ten! :blush: )

I saw them too! Surely if they are already lined up backstage it will be soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!