Oscars - Tonight's the Night!

Amy Adams performance was spot-on.. Really good.. I had a smile on my face the whole time!

Wow! Amy Adams sang that perfectly! It sounded exactly like it did in the movie. :lovestruc

Aww, too bad POTC didn't win visual effects. At least the winner quoted Walt, though. :)

I mean, Golden Compass must've had some pretty nifty effects to beat out the Maelstrom! pirate:

Aww, too bad POTC didn't win visual effects. At least the winner quoted Walt, though. :)

I mean, Golden Compass must've had some pretty nifty effects to beat out the Maelstrom! pirate:

Both the kids (and myself) were disappointed about that -- I tried explaining that we didn't see The Golden Compass so we couldn't really judge. Still, though, I think POTC should have won! :sad1:

Kristen Chenowith did a pretty job with "How Do You Know" -- didn't sound like Amy Adams.. but still.. I enjoyed it.

:)

Knox

I love this song from enchanted"thats how you know you love her"Its on now(8:45) and sounds amazing. I have tivo and am going to watch it again

Although I would have preferred Amy Adams, that was still a fantastic performance!! :wizard: And the nice Disney touch of Hannah Montana introducing it was nice, too. :)

Kristen Chenowith did a pretty job with "How Do You Know" -- didn't sound like Amy Adams.. but still.. I enjoyed it.

:)

Knox

Me too -- I figured that Kristen Chenowith would do a good job since she was first and foremost a musical actress. She still wasn't Amy though. I don't know which of the Enchanted songs I want to win -- I guess I will be happy with any of them :).

I was REALLY disappointed with the "That's How you Know" Performance. Kristin Chenoweth sounded OK -- I mean she hit the rough notes etc., but it lacked what Amy Adams brought to the song. I'm hoping it was Amy Adams decision to not do that song. I just saw "So Close" Performed -- I liked the ballroom atmosphere -- it was really Disney.

And now I see Enchanted didn't win for any song!! The song that won :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: was horrible in my opinion.

Well...that was anti-climactic. And quite a let down. Still, it was nice to see Amy dancing during "So Close." She did Enchanted proud tonight. :)

And now I see Enchanted didn't win for any song!! The song that won :crazy2: :crazy2: :crazy2: was horrible in my opinion.

As disappointed as I am that none of the Enchanted songs won (after all I have been listening to the CD in the car since November), I do have to disagree about the song that won -- I think it is beautiful and as soon as I heard it I had a "premonition" that it might win.

I am sorry but Falling Slowly from the film Once deserved that win big time. It is a beautiful song with a ton of power to it. I thought the songs from Enchanted were fun and whimsical... but I have to agree with the Academy on this one.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
:sad:

Oh, well, at least the songwriters that won seemed very deserving and gracious for their win. I was happy for them but of course still dissappointed that none of the Enchanted songs won.

Still, it was nice to see Amy dancing during "So Close." She did Enchanted proud tonight. :)

Was it? It looked like her from a distance, but on some of the closer shots it didn't really seem like her to me. :confused3 Nevertheless, it was still an awesome, very Disney performance. The Prince Edward & Nancy cameo at the end was nice, too. And the fact that Robert himself introduced the song was great. :)

So, although neither of the Enchanted songs won, I think tonight proved something very important: That Enchanted would make an AWESOME adaptation to the stage, whether it be Broadway or the theme parks. A WDW show of it would be SO GREAT!!! :wizard: Or at least a meet n greet or something.

Was it? It looked like her from a distance, but on some of the closer shots it didn't really seem like her to me. :confused3

I thought it was. I thought she was wearing the same dress she was wearing earlier in the broadcast. But I mainly only recognize her when she's dressed as Giselle, so I could be wrong. :)

Hey, it's pretty cool that one of Disney's movies won Best Picture!

(In case anyone is wondering, "No Country for Old Men" was produced and distributed by Miramax Films, which is wholly-owned by The Walt Disney Company. :))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter