OT-Camping in Gatlinburg TN

mh1973

DIS Veteran
For those who have camped in Gatlinburg TN or nearby, what is your favorite campground and why?

There is a pretty nice RV resort in Pidgeon Forge right on the main road..River Country I think is the name. Clean and reasonable...bathouses are nice...they have cabins that are really reasonable esp. in off season!!!

creek side rv park in pigeon forge

http://www.creeksidervpark.com/

nice sites, spotless restrooms, on the trolley route, clean pool, easy in and out

I don't think there are any campsites in Gattlinburg. Don't take your RV into Gattlinburg (it's like being at the beach but in the mountains). to much traffic and only a couple of streets.

Must do's: Ripleys aquarium, Hollywood wax museum, Buba Gumps

http://www.pigeonforgeonline.com/attractions.html

Were giving some heavy thought to a cabin for this xmas in TN. Ive done alotta web searching, and the views from some are unbelievable, and the prices are do-able.

Before we bought the TT we had a great cabin connection, I will see if I can find them if they are still around.

Townsend, TN nearby has some great camping from what I understand. I've stayed at the KOA there. It's pricey, but nice. There are several other campgrounds in the area also.

Before we bought the TT we had a great cabin connection, I will see if I can find them if they are still around.

Cooool...thanks. Anything you can reccomend would be great...'speshly if'n dares a hole wit water in it r'a lil'ol babblin crick fer I kin drop a line inta!!

Cooool...thanks. Anything you can reccomend would be great...'speshly if'n dares a hole wit water in it r'a lil'ol babblin crick fer I kin drop a line inta!!

would I know anyplace without a water hole?

Pigeon River and Lake Douglas is in the area.

remember it can be cold here at x-mass

Coming into Gatlinburg on 321 there are several campgrounds. Twin Creek is closest to town and has a trolley stop.

I prefer Pigeon Forge. We've camped at the following and can recommend!

River Plantation - Best hands down in my opinion
Kings Holly Haven
Creekside
Brookside

There is a pretty nice RV resort in Pidgeon Forge right on the main road..River Country I think is the name. Clean and reasonable...bathouses are nice...they have cabins that are really reasonable esp. in off season!!!

River Plantation perhaps. You go down the hill to the entrance!

BDR you need to stay at Oak Haven resort in Sevierville tn it is awesome and the prices are not to bad off season either. We have stayed there about 10 times so far.

I just returned from that area. We stayed at a hotel though in Townsend. I was up there for the Tenn State Harley rally. I saw tons of campgrounds in every city. I think it depends on how close you want to be to the action and how much amenities you want in the campground. I did notice Creekside in Pidgeon Forge and it looked nice from the road. But thats the only name I noted. I would suggest researching the area and considering what your gonna be doing. Then focus on camping closer to that area. Heres a picture to get you excited.

003.jpg

003.jpg

Ahhhhh those Smoky Mountains!!! And to think I gave up some property right in the midst of them in order to live closer to WDW.

I'll repeat myself from another thread....WHAT WAS I THINKING????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!