OT Can Canadians Purchase Online at Walmart.com?

shaycamp21

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if Canadians can purchase items from the Walmart.com (US site) and have items shipped to a store in Buffalo to pick up? I am pregnant and was checking out the US Walmart site for baby items and found that there is quite a savings shopping there as opposed to here (and less tax too). Also there are a number of online deals that are not available here so my thought was to purchase online and go pick up but was wondering if the site would accept my Canadian Visa card? Has anyone ever done this?

I know people who have done this but I'm not sure if they were using Canadian or US credit cards. Apparantly there are places that will allow you to ship to them and you pick the items up when you go to the states. I haven't done this personally however.

I have done this several times by using Paypal. Walmart.com will accept Paypal!!

Just make sure that you don't buy the car seat from the US even if it is cheaper. Trust me from experience, unless it has the CSA sticker on it, you are facing a fine if caught using it and I have heard that your insurance company could have an issue with it if you are involved in an accident.

As strange as I thought the rule was, I still ended up having to go and buy another car seat in Canada.

Congrats, and best of luck.

Using Paypal is the only way it works... I have personally used it many times and love shipping to store option.... Good Luck...

Using Paypal is the only way it works... I have personally used it many times and love shipping to store option.... Good Luck...

So just to be clear.....I can order online using my paypal account and have the option to ship the item to my hometown store here in Canada? What happens then? Do I have to keep checking with the store to see if/when my item arrives or do they call me to advise?

I don't think you can ship to a home store in Canada without paying duty but can ship to the closest US store. (correct me if I am wrong)

Port Dover only seems to be about 2 1/2 hours from Buffalo. Perhaps the poster meant they drive to Buffalo and pick up their items from Wal-mart there.

Port Dover only seems to be about 2 1/2 hours from Buffalo. Perhaps the poster meant they drive to Buffalo and pick up their items from Wal-mart there.

yes, very likely. Strange though.....unless not available in-store, why order online and then drive to the store to pick it up :confused3

There were a lot of items on their site that were a great deal but only available online so I would personally make the drive to Buffalo if I ordered enough stuff to make it worthwhile.

As far as I know Canadian Walmarts are way behind the times and don't do online ordering on their site...
The US WalMarts only do shipping to US Walmarts only....
Niagara/Buffalo is only 1 1/2 hr away and Port Huron is only 2hrs away... I've also done ship to store when we drive to Disney and have it shipped to the nearest WalMart...

yes, very likely. Strange though.....unless not available in-store, why order online and then drive to the store to pick it up :confused3
We are campers and go all the time so it's nothing to have it shipped to the store. Besides they have way better stuff and prices than our Canadian WalMarts and some items are only available online... :P

I have ordered through Walmart.com several times and had it shipped to the local US Walmart store or to my US destination.

Why use Walmart.com? There are some great on-line prices that beat the stores. Convenience, you don't have to go searching for the item you are looking for..its waiting for you.

You must use PayPal. Walmart.com will never ship into Canada.

Would I buy through Walmart.com again? In a heart beat.

What items do Canadians need from America - Walmart, Target, Big Lots big box stores?

Does anyone know how long they will hold an item in store for you? I am just thinking if there is a limited time like 10 days or something, does any one know? I only ask because JC Penney only holds for 10 days and it is a bit of a pain because you dont know the exact day it gets to your store until they call you, you have 10 days from the call to pick up and if the weather is bad or whatever and you cannot get to Buffalo it is a little risky

What items do Canadians need from America - Walmart, Target, Big Lots big box stores?

For my family, we found that we could get better quality children's clothing for about 1/3 of the price of the same stores in Canada. WalMart tends to be convenient because you can do one-stop-shopping. I also found US stores to have more competitive prices for home office products.

I really miss living near the border. From my place in the lower mainland, a trip to a US WalMart for a wireless router, cell phone or blue-tooth adapter was just an afternoon trip. From my house in Calgary, I'd have to drive nearly six hours each way to reach a US Wal Mart in Kalispel, a small city 1/10 the size of Calgary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter