Other Cruise Lines... not as cheap as I was expecting?

I know there's a lot of people in the world that make that in a week or in a day. It's not shocking that someone would pay that much for a vacation. It's just shocking that anyone would spend that much on Disney Caribbean cruise.

I agree. I can't see paying that much for a basic Caribbean cruise. It's telling that the two Royals are still available especially for a holiday cruise. In past years those have sold out on opening day.

About the "smaller cabins", I have to tell you that I did not see a huge difference when I sailed with Carnival. Sometimes the layout of the room, the furniture and the storage are well done and you end up being just as comfortable is a smaller stateroom.

I guess the question is: how much time do you really spend in a room outside of sleeping and taking a shower?

I remember how scared I was to try an inside room on the Disney Wonder after sailing only in verandah rooms. Surprise! I liked it! Was the room small? Yes. Was it a little dark? Yes. But other than that, it was very comfortable and we saved enough money to feel comfortable to book a cabana on Castaway Cay. :)

We have about 4 more years until our youngest graduates from High School. Once she is in college my husband and I want to take a World cruise. We've started researching them. Depending on the cruise line, total days, ports of call and cabin category 70K could cover both of us for a world voyage. So let's see World cruise or a week in the Caribbean on Disney? :laughing:
Our plan is to take our son along on a world cruise for a gap year. What's really amazing is to see what suites cost for one of those. $200,000 and up.

Although proportionate to a week in a Royal Suite, that's really not bad I guess.

I've priced everything Bahamas/Caribbean for the weekend we're looking for.

No, we're looking for 3 people, which is part of the problem. The rooms on the other ships are sooooo small... to get to the same size as a standard Disney room the prices really aren't that different.

Oceanview cabins on DCL are usually around 214 sq feet;
Ocean view cabins on Carnival (everything but the Fantasy class and the Spirit class) are 220 sq feet.

Many Carnival ocean view cabins sleep 3 (2 twins/1 Queen and a couch that turns into a bed).

Check out the Carnival Triumph, Victory, Splendour, Conquest, Freedom, Glory, Liberty, Valor, Dream, Magic, Breeze, Vista or Horizon. All have 220 sq ft ocean view cabins.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/category/c/25

Our plan is to take our son along on a world cruise for a gap year. What's really amazing is to see what suites cost for one of those. $200,000 and up.

Although proportionate to a week in a Royal Suite, that's really not bad I guess.

I've seen those prices. The most expensive suites and the least expensive insides go first on the World cruises. We will be booking at least a balcony. Have you read the World Cruise section on Cruise Critic? Many people seem to plan their world cruise as a once in a lifetime thing but end up doing multiple because they enjoy them so much.

I've priced everything Bahamas/Caribbean for the weekend we're looking for.

No, we're looking for 3 people, which is part of the problem. The rooms on the other ships are sooooo small... to get to the same size as a standard Disney room the prices really aren't that different.

That does make more sense. We're pretty consistent cat 9 cruisers. I've never felt the need to pay for Concierge, and we've only booked a Veranda once and felt even that was a waste as we didn't use it.

Ha ha, is that what all that other stuff onboard is for?

Yeah, I'd maybe drop that for a much longer around the world cruise... that's like 25 vacations the way I do it. :rotfl2:

Well it's really going to depend on the time of year you want to go, if you have a specific date you need to sail, specific ports you wish to see or leave from… but I know you know that. It's hard for me to help compare when I don't have your travel information. You did say the cruise is for three people, but did not say two adults and one child or three adults. So I did some calculations with three adults ...

On RCCL: I put in 3 adults for a 7- night Western Caribbean in early May 2018 oceanview Room leaving from Port Canaveral and my total was $2,468.36

On DCL: I put in 3 adults for the same, 7-night Western Caribbean in early May 2018 oceanview room leaving Port Canaveral and my total was $5,228.52

There was one week difference in travel date I believe.

That's a difference of $2,760.16

Like I said, not sure what your search criteria is for, but there definitely a difference for some.

My family of 7 stayed in 2 connecting inside staterooms on the Disney Dream last year and we felt like we had plenty of room. 4 adults, three children under 10. We were not in our rooms much though.

I've seen those prices. The most expensive suites and the least expensive insides go first on the World cruises. We will be booking at least a balcony. Have you read the World Cruise section on Cruise Critic? Many people seem to plan their world cruise as a once in a lifetime thing but end up doing multiple because they enjoy them so much.
Yes! It's probably my favorite board over there. And I love how many of them do thorough trip blogs with tons of photos.

How long are those world cruises? I'm assuming you'd have to be retired or be able to work onboard.

Yes! It's probably my favorite board over there. And I love how many of them do thorough trip blogs with tons of photos.
I enjoy reading it too. Love the variety and thoroughness of the blogs.

How long are those world cruises? I'm assuming you'd have to be retired or be able to work onboard.

Most are anywhere from about 90-200 days depending on the itinerary. Many of the cruisers are retired, some work onboard (many of the lux lines provide complimentary wifi) and there are a few home schooling families too. When we do ours in a bout 4-5 years my DH will be semi-retired, he will leave his full time role but will keep his board positions which only require a few meetings per year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter