Other DVC Members....

Our last trip in June, we boarded the bus for Magic Kingdom first thing in the morning. It was pretty full, and there were ten of us, so during the course of conversation, we were overheard talking about our neighborhood. Lo and behold, there were people from right up the street on the bus with us. Interestingly, I had stopped and spoken with them once having seen their DVC license plate frame, but I wouldn't have recognized them. We struck up a conversation.
Has this ever happened to you?

We met DVC members at Mount Rushmore. I had a BCV hat on and they asked us if we were DVC members.

Not DVC, but we happened upon a couple from the same town as us on a bus once. Our husbands even work in the same building and had ridden the elevator together before. I haven't met any other DVC members in our area, even though vacationing at Disney is really popular. Everyone just pays cash.

On a trip several years ago we ran into our neighbors from one-street over at the character breakfast in the Contemporary. :)

I found out my dentist's daughter and her husband are DVC Members. We also ran into some distant cousins (not DVC Members) at Disney once. And we were eating at Perkins one night a few years ago, and our server heard us say the town we live in here in Texas. She said her brother lives here. Turns out, we know him, and he lives just down the street.

We purchased DVC in 2004 to secure our 'housing' for an annual IBM tech event held at the Dolphin/Swan Conference Centers. We soon discovered that many other conference attendees had made the same decision.

2 times this year that probably helped push me into our recent purchase:
A former colleague and current bass player in my band was saying he was staying at GF for this upcoming Christmas. When I said "that can't be cheap" to which he replied "we own DVC there." More inline with your experience, we were checking out at WL and ran into our son's friend's parents that were in the middle of a split stay. Both families discussed are people whose intelligence I respect so I figured if they do this, it can't be that bad a deal. :)

I changed sections at work last year and discovered that my new director is a DVC owner. When I was planning my trip this year and my waitlist for BWV during food and wine came through I was so thrilled and needed someone to tell that would get it, but no one else in my section are avid Disney Vacationers. So I immediately knocked on my director's door and she was suitably excited for me! :jester:

Not DVC, but I was volunteering for the 5k at WDW marathon weekend and handed a bottle of water to...one of my son’s Ymca teachers. :)

We live in Washington state.

We are very lucky that our best friends at home are DVC owners and also avid self-proclaimed Disney geeks. We frequently travel together (and will again in 71 and 190 days). We actually took their daughter with us on our trip in July as a bonus daughter with our own two girls. As a bonus, I love the planning aspects of a Disney trip, but it is even more enjoyable planning, travelling and remembering those trips with friends when you get home. Also makes the Disney blues a little more bearable. :)

There are 3 other owners where I work and I know a 4th from local conventions. I'm sure there are lots more, it is Long Island after all. Everybody knows somebody in FL so it makes sense to own.

We are very lucky that our best friends at home are DVC owners and also avid self-proclaimed Disney geeks. We frequently travel together (and will again in 71 and 190 days). We actually took their daughter with us on our trip in July as a bonus daughter with our own two girls. As a bonus, I love the planning aspects of a Disney trip, but it is even more enjoyable planning, travelling and remembering those trips with friends when you get home. Also makes the Disney blues a little more bearable. :)

I have a Disney friend too, though she's not DVC. We call each other every time we make dining or FP reservations to debrief. It keeps us from driving our husbands nuts.

Years ago my daughter and the neighbor a few doors down across the street his daughter played softball together. We had waved to each other in passing but never knew each other till then. Turns out we both were DVC members... Bought around the same time... Our sons are practically BFFs now and we have traveled together on a few trips in the past.... And this year we each booked trips together. He got me a weekend room at SSR at 8 months when it was the ONLY room available the same weekend he's going... And I got him a theme park room from BLT along with us for July 3rd and 4th.

Not exactly the same scenario... But a local DVC connection. Owning DVC was an icebreaker conversation that got us to know each other. Noticed his wife in DVC apparel at one of the girls softball practices

Many years ago, and not DVC, I was there with my dd for a sporting event. There was a coach on the bus from a competitor, speaking to parents in a very derogatory manor about someone on my dd's team. Let me add, the girl they were speaking about was 7. It is a small world. You never know who is sitting next to you.

Many years ago, and not DVC, I was there with my dd for a sporting event. There was a coach on the bus from a competitor, speaking to parents in a very derogatory manor about someone on my dd's team. Let me add, the girl they were speaking about was 7. It is a small world. You never know who is sitting next to you.

I have a friend who went backpacking across Italy and witnessed a conversation on a bus between a very pretty Italian woman and an American man who was trying to flirt. The woman mentioned she'd like to visit Texas and he launched into a lecture that they were all basically backwoods hicks there, etc, but she should visit his state instead. My friend kept her mouth shut and a little while later the woman struck up a conversation with her. When she asked where she was from, she told her Texas, then about how this was a celebratory trip for finishing her master's degree. She said you could see the man's jaw just about hit the floor. You never know who is sitting next to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!