Other Options...

So I finally finished the "part 2" photo book of our 2016 China trip, which is the two days we spent at Shanghai Disneyland on our own after the conclusion of our trip with Thomson Family Adventures. Since we did SHDL on our own (not surprisingly, SHDL is not part of the Thomson itinerary), it won't really be relevant to evaluating the Thomson itinerary vs. the ABD itinerary, but I'm happy to share it with anyone who is just curious about SHDL. I won't even try to share it via a link here since that was so unsuccessful with "part 1", but I can share it with anyone who gives me an email address by PM. If you're someone I shared the main photo book with already, I still have those email addresses, so you can just let me know that you'd like to see the book.

Hi......I would love to see Part 2! Loved Part 1!!! Thanks and great job on your book(s)!

So I finally finished the "part 2" photo book of our 2016 China trip, which is the two days we spent at Shanghai Disneyland on our own after the conclusion of our trip with Thomson Family Adventures. Since we did SHDL on our own (not surprisingly, SHDL is not part of the Thomson itinerary), it won't really be relevant to evaluating the Thomson itinerary vs. the ABD itinerary, but I'm happy to share it with anyone who is just curious about SHDL. I won't even try to share it via a link here since that was so unsuccessful with "part 1", but I can share it with anyone who gives me an email address by PM. If you're someone I shared the main photo book with already, I still have those email addresses, so you can just let me know that you'd like to see the book.
I'd like to see it, too! :)

Sayhello

I'd love to see it too.
Ellin

Apologies if you previously PM'd me your email address, but I'm not finding it. If you send me another PM with your email address, I'd be happy to send you the Shanghai Disneyland photo book.

Loved your photo books! I really should look at doing something like that!

Sayhello

Thank you! It's somewhat of a labor of love to get the photo books done, but I love having them, and making them lets me re-live the experience of the trip :)

I've been doing photobooks as well for years, and I love having them. They used to be a total pain to make, but Shutterfly has a pretty cool organization pane that lets you drag and drop photos on pages. It goes much faster now. Although I do still have to force myself to sit down and actually do it. :)

We do a photobook for every ABD. It's our "souvenir"! DD did the first two, I did the third. I now have to get my act together to do our Spain ABD!

Those of you that have taken Tauck Bridges tours, do you have your kids wear the backpacks throughout the trip? We are headed to Costa Rica & not sure if it's waterproof. Do they keep them on the bus? This is our 1st tour trip and I don't know how to figure what we'll carry with us while touring, especially in Costa Rica where it will be wet. I bought a dry bag, but I am assuming our rain jackets, binoculars, camera, plus personal stuff like phones & wallets go in there.
Any advice would be appreciated!!:flower3:

Just booked Tauck Bridges Ireland for next summer. I was so impressed that as previous Tauck guests, we got a free hotel night, which we are using as a pre trip night at the Conrad Dublin! It would have been about $1K for our family of five (which I had been planning on anyway for convenience).

Nemofans, we did Tauck Costa Rica last year and didn't bring all the backpacks. You generally leave them on the bus, and we carried two of them for our family of five for necessities, water, snacks, etc. Each kid didn't need their own every day.

Just booked Tauck Bridges Ireland for next summer. I was so impressed that as previous Tauck guests, we got a free hotel night, which we are using as a pre trip night at the Conrad Dublin! It would have been about $1K for our family of five (which I had been planning on anyway for convenience).

Nemofans, we did Tauck Costa Rica last year and didn't bring all the backpacks. You generally leave them on the bus, and we carried two of them for our family of five for necessities, water, snacks, etc. Each kid didn't need their own every day.

We are doing Tauck Costa Rica Family this Christmas and really looking forward to it. It is our 4th trip with Tauck and we LOVE the free night. Let's face it Tauck doesn't stay in shabby places. Any tips on Costa Rica I would appreciate it.

My family is doing the Tauck Bridges Ireland trip next month. So if you have any questions about the tour, let me know and I'll be happy to help when we get back.

To Icehawkmom.

I live in Cork ...... a 20 min . drive from Blarney Castle.

Are you visiting Blarney Castle or Cobh ( Pronounced Cove ) ?

Where are you staying ?

I am away in Amsterdam from 7th August till Tuesday 15th

We are doing Tauck Costa Rica Family this Christmas and really looking forward to it. It is our 4th trip with Tauck and we LOVE the free night. Let's face it Tauck doesn't stay in shabby places. Any tips on Costa Rica I would appreciate it.

We were the first trip ever where they flew us in and out of Tortuguero. There used to be a long and bumpy bus ride. The itinerary is different now than we did it, as are the hotels. Some of the changes seemed to have been based on our feedback. We started in Playa Hermosa and ended in Tortuguero/San Jose. All I can say is that the ziplining was awesome, Arenal is beautiful, and that the chocolate activity was soooo good! And things that you think might be weird, like the tour of the pineapple plantation are so much more fun than they sound. Don't be afraid and definitely choose to be in the water fight boats on the rafting day.

Than goodness they changed the lodging in Tortuguero. Our place was terrible, and I had to stuff towels under our door at night to keep the literally hundreds of bugs from crawling into our room. It was gross.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!