Our 10yr Vow Renewal TR ~ DCL Dream

Hi
Congats you looked stunning what a beautyful dress !!!
how long does the ceremony last ???
How much ( may I ask was the CD ) pictures package ??
thanks

We are going on the Fantasy next June and will be celebrating our 20th anniversary and are thinking about a vow renewal onboard. It just seems so expensive to us, was it worth it? you had to pay extra for the photographer, right? We love DCL so much and think it would be a great experience, just worried about the expense on top of the cruise price. Your pictures are just beautiful!

It was worth every penny!!! I consider it a once in a lifetime experience so the extra $2500 went on the disney visa with 0% financing and I just paid it off last month. :rotfl2:
Yes, the photographer was extra. DFTW offers 3 different photo pkgs. I think ours was around $350....

Hi
Congats you looked stunning what a beautyful dress !!!
how long does the ceremony last ???
How much ( may I ask was the CD ) pictures package ??
thanks

Thank you so much! The actual ceremony part was about 15 minutes. Then, we had cake, the toast, and dancing. So we were probably in OUTLOOK for about an hour or so. Then, a little over an hour for pictures. Then, we had an 8pm ressie at Palo. The CD was $399 and it had all images taken; approx 250 pics total.

It was worth every penny!!! I consider it a once in a lifetime experience so the extra $2500 went on the disney visa with 0% financing and I just paid it off last month. :rotfl2:
Yes, the photographer was extra. DFTW offers 3 different photo pkgs. I think ours was around $350....

Thank you so much for your feedback. We booked our vow renewal yesterday and are very excited. Now I have to shop for a dress for myself and my dd.

Linden Lady, LOVED your VR!!! You looked so beautiful-your dress was incredible!!! We have booked our DCL VR for June 9, 2012. So excited!

hi,
i hope you dont mind me contacting you but i've just booked my wedding on the disney dream and was looking at the pictures you had taken by the photographer, the ones i saw i thought were lovely,do you have a site or a facebook page with them all on as would like to ask the photographer to do some of the same
was it the photographers idea or did you ask to have your photo with the characters?
is it easy geting round the ship for the photos in your dress?
also do you know if it is possible to get some one to video the wedding as it will only be the 2 of us and can you please tell me how much it was to have your hair done and did you say that they helped you with your dress?
how did you take your dress on board?is there a limit to the amount of luggage you can take on?
many thanks for all your help,
hope to hear from you soon,
victoria,

We are finally home and I've gathered all of my thoughts.....and pictures! Hope you enjoy this trip report.
When I was planning this, only a handful of weddings had taken place on the Dream! So, it was very hard to get an idea of how this VR was going to go - especially since there is no outdoor venue on this new ship. So, reading other TR's from the Classic ships did me little good, as a lot of the details for MY ceremony would be different. And Shanda, from DFTW was so swamped, I felt like I had nowhere to turn for answers. And it was starting to stress me out!
So, I'll try to chronicle this TR in a way that'll give you an idea of the natural flow of things and the progression of events on this particular new ship. That way YOU will know what to expect on your special day!
If I leave anything out or if you have questions, just ask! :flower3:

hi,
i hope you dont mind me contacting you but i've just booked my wedding on the disney dream and was looking at the pictures you had taken by the photographer, the ones i saw i thought were lovely,do you have a site or a facebook page with them all on as would like to ask the photographer do some of the same
was it the photographers idea or did you ask to have your photo with the characters?
is it easy geting round the ship for the photos in your dress?
also do you know if it is possible to get some one to video the wedding as it will only be the 2 of us and can you please tell me how much it was to have your hair done and did you say that they helped you with your dress?
how did you take your dress on board?is there a limit to the amount of luggage you can take on?
many thanks for all your help,
hope to hear from you soon,
victoria,

Were these poses your idea or did the photographer pose you? Some really great/different kind of pictures. Exactly what I want for my vow renewal in June.

Hello and thank you everyone! Sorry, I've been so busy lately that I've totally forgotten to check my DIS account! We are going on the Magic in May so I got on here to see if I could get some feedback on the Disney ships; new VS old. After having sailed on the Dream LAST may, I'm worried that I might be disappointed with the Magic's size and/or amenities THIS may. Kinda feel like an "old" ship might not be able to fulfill all of my expectations now?? :confused3

Anyway, the photographer we had was very sweet and patient but many of the photo ideas were mine. Since they hadn't done many weddings on the new ship yet, I feel like she wasn't quite familiar with all of the ship's spaces and opportunities. And BOY does that ship offer a million wonderful photo opps! I could've posed for pictures all day and I still feel like that would've been just the tip of the iceberg! :lovestruc But, I'm sure with over a year under their belt, the photographers should have some fantastic things figured out by now!

Having our pics taken with characters was an absolute MUST but "renting" them for your special day is SO expensive! So, I happened to get a great tip from a fellow DISer about having the photographer do pics inside so you have the potential for running into them randomly along your journey! It's very easy maneuvering around the ship in your dress due to the size of the ship -- lots of open spaces on board! Worst part is fitting thru doors as they tend to be fairly small; esp the one in your stateroom! I had to turn sideways and squish after I finished getting dressed in our room. :rotfl2:

It was approx $100 (with tip) for my up-do at the ship's salon. As part of your DFTW pkg, your wedding coordinator will take your dress and DH's tux and have them spot cleaned and/or pressed for you. I'm sure the wedding coordinator would also be willing to shoot some video if you ask. Ours just stood there during the entire ceremony and I didn't think to ask her to do anything for me. But, I'm sure she would have; she was super nice! Each passenger is allowed 2 bags each. So, that meant 8 bags for us which was more than enough for my 2 dresses (1 for VR and 1 for formal night) and a few suitcases with folded clothes. We just dropped off the luggage before we checked in and they take care of loading it all onto the ship for you. Just don't forget to pack a small bag to keep with you!! Your luggage won't be delivered to your stateroom for several hours so it's nice to have things like swimsuits, sunblock, things for children, and such with you so you aren't w/o essentials while you wander around the ship.

Thank you for your TR. Your pictures are wonderful and you gown was fantastic. We will be renewing our vows on the Dream July 14-18 2013. We will be using the ship photographer so it is good to know you were happy with them. I have decided on the Under the Sea cake because it has a little bit of color on it. We would like to use our original vows and maybe add a something else. I wanted two non-disney songs (Theme from "Somewhere In Time" and "Still the One" by Orleans, but had read that it doesn't work as well as using Disney songs. Since I have months until our cruise, I can always make changes. What time was your ceremony? Since this is my second cruise on the Dream to the Bahamas, I don't need to get off the ship but the rest of the family might want to go on an excursion. Would they have time for and excursion? Did you bring decorations for the ceremony site? It is good to read about recent vow renewals. Thanks!

Thank you! We had a fabulous time! Our ceremony wasn't until evening - about 5 pm so I think there should be enough time for family excursions. I just didn't want to be pressed for time. I still needed time for hair, make up and dress.
I've heard that there are new cake and flower options thru disney fairytale weddings! I'm a tiny bit jealous! lol. :love:
But they've also raised the price by $500 since my VR so I'm not sure the new otions are worth that much of an increase! :scared1:
I did bring a few decorations from home. I just gave them to the on-board coordinator and she decorated the room for me. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!