Our Adventure Down Under has begun!! *Pics added*

Did you purchase separate 'Cuddle the Koala' tickets beforehand or when you arrived in Kuranda?

Did you go on the helicopter tour after the snorkeling in the GBR? Can you give me an idea how much that cost?

I'm currently debating whether to spend pre-days in Sydney or Melbourne...

I purchased the tickets to hold the Koala in Kuranda when we got there. It's not very busy, so it's quite easy to do before you have lunch and then meet up with the ABD group. I'd say about half of the people in our group paid to hold the koala.

We did the helicopter before we went snorkeling which worked out very well because we didn't have to change into our stinger suits. Actually we were the first group on the helicopter! The charge on my Visa was USD209.15; your cost may be slightly different depending on the currency when you go.

Thanks, WDWGroupie!

One more question, you stayed at the Park Hyatt, right? It looks like a great hotel. The only thing is, most rooms have one king bed. From your photos, I understand there were three of you? Where did the third person sleep? Thanks.

One more question, you stayed at the Park Hyatt, right? It looks like a great hotel. The only thing is, most rooms have one king bed. From your photos, I understand there were three of you? Where did the third person sleep? Thanks.

It was just myself and my 13 year old daughter this year. I'd definitely call the Park Hyatt and ask them about options for a third person in the room. I think there would be enough room for a temporary bed.

Having stayed at both the Park Hyatt and Four Seasons in Sydney I can honestly say there is really no comparison. Park Hyatt rooms are much nicer (we had a one bedroom harbor view suite at the Four Seasons vs an opera view room at the Park Hyatt and I still prefer the PH), the staff is exceptional and the location (right on the harbor) cannot be beat (the view from the FS, even from our high floor, was obstructed by the highway and rail tracks across the street, though you can see both the bridge and opera house from the FS). If you can swing the hefty price tag, I'd definitely recommend staying at the Park Hyatt over the Four Seasons. This is one location where the Four Seasons doesn't live up to its reputation (on many levels) IMO.

Last edited:
We are considering a ghost tour while we are in Sydney. It looks like the starting time is 7:45pm. We would want to have dinner beforehand. Would we have enough time after the Opera House tour or should we try to schedule for the evening of our free afternoon after Bondi Beach?

We are considering a ghost tour while we are in Sydney. It looks like the starting time is 7:45pm. We would want to have dinner beforehand. Would we have enough time after the Opera House tour or should we try to schedule for the evening of our free afternoon after Bondi Beach?

We finished our Opera House tour around 5:00p, so you should have enough time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter