Our biggest WDW vacation yet (but with the littlest guests)- A May PTR! Updated 4/24!

I thought I commented the other day but apparently I didn’t…oops!

Tower of Terror

YES! My favorite attraction in all of Disney World. I love the thrill of the varied drop sequence and the theming is the best. I can’t wait to ride it again!

We’re both coaster fans, so this ride will definitely be accomplished. I was more than happy to just visit Animal Kingdom 1x this trip (with the kids), but Jake insisted that we visit together too. He loves the chill vibes of this park!

Jake made a good call - I’m also a huge fan of Animal Kingdom. I’m a bit sad we’re only going to visit it for one day on our upcoming trip, but I understand given our proximity to the other three parks.

Expedition Everest is such a fantastic ride. My best AK day back in 2016 included riding it eight times in a row during early entry - I don’t know that I could still do that today! :laughing:

I wish that Soarin’ Over California was still playing at WDW, but I love Soarin’ Around the World ALMOST as much ;) This is always a must-do for us and, thankfully, I’ve never had any motion-sickness issues with it!

I’m excited to experience Soarin’ Around the World, wonky Eiffel Tower and all! I will miss Soarin’ Over California, but everyone but my littlest one will enjoy is attraction. It’s definitely a must-do!

Like I mentioned before, Jake really likes the futuristic-Tron update on this ride and said that he always thought the original Test Track was “lame” as a kid (I know, unpopular opinion :eek:). Needless to say, he is NOT happy with the news that they are changing it back, haha!

What?! :rotfl: I don’t know that I’ve heard of anyone that enjoyed the refurb more than the original! I’m sorry that Jake is sad, but I’m excited to see what they do with the World of Motion influence - I think that was a great (and fun) call on Disney’s part.

In addition to the attractions I noted above, I’m SUPER excited to try all the new-to-me attractions… it’s a long list since I haven’t been to Disney World since 2016! You highlighted most (if not all?) of them above, but I think I’m most excited about Rise of the Resistance and Flights of Passage. Although Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway and Cosmic Rewind look pretty great, too!

Are you more of a thrill ride or dark ride person?

Can I answer both? :laughing:

Honestly, I’m 100% a thrill ride person, but the older I get the more I appreciate the “classic” Disney attractions. I’m just as excited to go on Haunted Mansion as I am on Space Mountain. :goodvibes

I thought I commented the other day but apparently I didn’t…oops!

YES! My favorite attraction in all of Disney World. I love the thrill of the varied drop sequence and the theming is the best. I can’t wait to ride it again!

Jake made a good call - I’m also a huge fan of Animal Kingdom. I’m a bit sad we’re only going to visit it for one day on our upcoming trip, but I understand given our proximity to the other three parks.

Expedition Everest is such a fantastic ride. My best AK day back in 2016 included riding it eight times in a row during early entry - I don’t know that I could still do that today! :laughing:

I’m excited to experience Soarin’ Around the World, wonky Eiffel Tower and all! I will miss Soarin’ Over California, but everyone but my littlest one will enjoy is attraction. It’s definitely a must-do!

What?! :rotfl: I don’t know that I’ve heard of anyone that enjoyed the refurb more than the original! I’m sorry that Jake is sad, but I’m excited to see what they do with the World of Motion influence - I think that was a great (and fun) call on Disney’s part.

In addition to the attractions I noted above, I’m SUPER excited to try all the new-to-me attractions… it’s a long list since I haven’t been to Disney World since 2016! You highlighted most (if not all?) of them above, but I think I’m most excited about Rise of the Resistance and Flights of Passage. Although Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway and Cosmic Rewind look pretty great, too!

Can I answer both? :laughing:

Honestly, I’m 100% a thrill ride person, but the older I get the more I appreciate the “classic” Disney attractions. I’m just as excited to go on Haunted Mansion as I am on Space Mountain. :goodvibes
WOW!!! I can't believe you haven't been since 2016- you'll have so many new things to experience!! That has to be so exciting! As much as I love the familiarity of WDW, it was so thrilling to experience the newness of Disneyland last year and it really amped up the excitement.

Jake's Test Track opinions are DEFINITELY unpopular!! I am much more in the "classic" camp of that ride. But, I do like his appreciation for Animal Kingdom :lovestruc (although it's usually my least favorite park... sorry AK!)

Disney Style- Toddler and Baby Edition!

Hi everyone! We are getting SO CLOSE to our Disney World Family Extravaganza…only 19 more days until the magic begins!!

I have been burning these candles in anticipation... Hummingbird Tea Cake for Chef Art Smith's Homecoming (which will be our first meal in Disney), and Main Street Bakery (because DUH)! :lovestruc

Today, I thought I’d share a fun little post on the best-dressed members of our party- THE KIDS!

Throughout the planning process, Haley has slowly been buying and collecting matching outfits for the kids. She says that she’s gone overboard, but personally, I LOVE IT! It just adds to the fun :cutie:

We’re not like some of those super-invested Disney-goers; the kids don’t have enough for multiple outfit changes per day, and none of these items were custom-made. Haley’s focus was on cute theming but also comfort! Most of these clothes were found at ShopDisney, Etsy, Box Lunch, or department stores like Target, Walmart, Old Navy, Kohl's, etc!

Arrival to WDW and Day at AoA:

Haley also got Oliver this AMAZING jacket for the plane :rotfl2:. KA-CHOW!!

Magic Kingdom:

Epcot:

DHS:

Animal Kingdom:

Matching Swimsuits for Pool Time:

Other Miscellaneous Matches:

And of course, baby Ethan got some sweet outfits too :goodvibes

Haley has also been trying out some fun hairstyles on Evie. AHHH, I can’t handle the cuteness!!

Lastly, Haley got some customized autograph books for the kids. These are so adorable and will work so well for all of the character meets we’re doing!!

We are really going all out for this trip! AS IF the kids couldn’t get any cuter… we will definitely be doing WDW in style this year :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Ah! I love all the outfits. I MISS those days!

I love thrill rides, but I'm also an ALL the rides girl. LOL. I just found out my girls weekend is returning to WDW, so am planning on upgrading to an annual pass in June. With 3 trips planned, we are sure to get on all the things!

Okay, I THINK I'm finally caught up now!!!

Your outfits, as always, are such a slay. I LOVE the Lilly/Tommy Bahamas dresses!!! Tres chic assortment of tees/shorts and dresses, truly an outfit for every moment and occasion... chefs kiss to all of it. And so funny you mentioned the Brooks Ghosts, I tried a pair on yesterday!!! Went with a different brand BUT I liked the Ghosts too, they were my second choice.

Allll of the must-dos look great, you piqued my interest on the jelly donut sandwich!!! And of course, the rides: solid list of must-rides!

The little baby clothes 🥹 The tiny Lightning McQueen jacket is taking me out!!! Everything is too cute! You guys are going to be the best-dressed group at the Parks for sure!

And you guys are getting soooo close!!! 2 and a half-ish weeks until you check-in! :cool1:

I miss dressing a little person for Disney!!!! And making autograph books!!!!! This is going to be the BEST trip ever!! Thanks for letting us tag along virtually :)

What's your favorite Universal Coaster! I looooove Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure and The Mummy but haven't been there when Velocicoaster has been open!
Hagrid's is pretty awesome and SO different than any others! My #1 favorite at Universal is still the Hulk, but Velocicoaster is a very close second--it is frickin incredible!!! SO fast, the hanging inversion is just WOW. It literally takes my breath away while riding--so exhilirating. Rob rode with me once, but I haven't managed to convince him to get on it again LOL I've done it twice in a row, but don't think I could handle more than that. Hulk I could ride over and over!

OMG I love all the little clothes!! Dressing up little kids is so much fun...especially when they are little enough that they have no say in what they will wear and won't argue about it lol I only got to do that when my kids were tiny...then they wanted to pick lol

OK, I have gotten through a few more pages and wanted to reply while I have a minute.

So it may take me forever to finish our trip recap but you know we did Hollywood/DL/DCL. And our cruise (Wonder) went to Catalina Island! So I feel like I can add some insight.

Our weather was not great for Hollywood, and we had planned to do much more, but in the past, we have done some of the things you mentioned and we enjoyed them, so I think we have similar traveling styles. We really loved the WB tour! It is very well done. Clean and efficiently run. If you like HP or Friends, there are lots of neat exhibits there.

As for DL, I am 10000% in support of going there, you already know this. I love the idea of a re-do!

But really I am here to comment on DCL. I know you suffer from the sickness and that is a concern. I do think Bonine can really help. Also, choosing a veranda room in the mid-section of the ship.

My daughter has horrible car sickness and has never gotten sick on DCL. My husband never suffers from car sickness but does get sick on rides. I get all of the above! We have felt a rocky ship before (this most recent trip) but I can say that no one in our family has gotten seasick. The ships are so big (especially the Fantasy!) that you really don't feel much movement. Now, that being said, we have all gotten sick with Covid/gastro AFTER the cruise. So if you were to do a small cruise, tack it on at the END of your trip! Although DCL is super clean and they have hand washing stations and hand sanitizer everywhere, it is a confined environment. We also get sick after most flights, so we are just used to it by now!

Our cruise had one day in Catalina Island. It was overcast and drizzly but we still loved it. It was very quaint. We did a golf cart ride around the island but got pretty cold, so we headed back to the ship earlier than I would have liked. However, this family just did a vlog and discussed their Catalina Day:

Have you thought about National Parks? I could go on and on about some fun places we have seen and I have lots of notes and trip itineraries I could share.

Honestly, through reading your reports, I feel like I could have a fun vacation with you! We share so much in common! (which is why I think you would love DCL!)

Ok, back to work but I will come back and finish soon!

Molly’s Must-Do Disney (Quick Eats)!

Hi everyone! I thought it would be fun to start a little “series” on my PTR, since I’m not sharing much when it comes to our day-to-day plans. I’m going to title this “Molly’s Must-Do Disney!” Now, I’m not even going to pretend that I can compare to this special lady…

But I’ll sure try ::yes:: I miss you, Stacey!!!

If you’ve gathered anything from reading my trip reports, you’ll know that I’m a snacker/grazer when it comes to Disney food! Although I love the theming and ambience of the table-service restaurants, I usually eat less at these meals and prefer the snack-y type foods on property. Here are some of the quick eats that I’m intrigued to try at WDW!

Now, I’m not including my tried-and-true favorites (Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar, Dole Whip, Sleepy Hollow Waffle Sandwiches, Jack-Jack Num Num Cookie, etc.) Similar to F&G, I want to prioritize new items or snacks that I haven’t eaten in a long time. This is a LONG list and I know I won’t get to every item, but I’ll try my hardest to share and sample at least some of these!

Unfortunately, you won’t see much variety on this list. I really prioritize healthy and balanced eating in my daily life, but there are no rules when I’m eating on vacation. When it comes to Disney food, I like my snacks to be 1. Carb-licious and 2. SWEET!

Cookies and Cake Slices- Gideon’s Bakery (DS)

I’ve given Gideon’s Bakery enough advertisement on this PTR :laughing:. Needless to say, the cake slices are definitely a priority snack item for this trip!

Cinnamon Roll with Extra Icing- Gaston’s Tavern (MK)

I’ve only tried this snack once, wayyyy back in 2016, and I totally forgot to ask for extra icing! Usually cinnamon rolls come with cream cheese frosting (which I hate), so I want to take full advantage of the superior vanilla icing-goodness :love:

Seasoned Fries with Dipping Sauces- Mr. Kamal’s Snack Cart (AK)

I did try these back in December 2019… and while they were DELISH, they perfectly coincided with an unfortunate IBS episode that evening (While at MVMCP no less)! I’m not sure if it was because of the fries, since they are so spicy? But they tasted SO good, and I want to maybe give them another try. Maybe I’ll convince Jake or my mom to get a portion and I’ll just steal a couple? :laughing:

Raspberry-Lime Macaron- Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie (Epcot)

When Jake and I went to Disneyland last year, I fell in LOVE with the Raspberry Rose Macaron from Jolly Holiday. It was probably my favorite snack I tried all trip! I’m hoping that this one compares. I normally don’t prefer macarons, but Disney macarons are an enigma- they’re always so soft and chewy!

Pulled Pork Jelly Donut Sandwich- Eight Spoon Cafe (AK)

I’m a HUGE fan of sweet and salty combinations. The Wisconsin State Fair used to have this amazing treat that was a cheeseburger with two Krispy Kreme glazed donuts as the bun. This reminds me a lot of that!!

POG Gelato- Gelato Cart near MuppetVision 3D (DHS)

This was a snack I read about on DisneyFoodBlog, and it sounds so intriguing! I love POG (passion-orange-guava) juice, and this sounds like it would be perfect on a hot park day.

Various Cupcakes around Property

I never used to be a cupcake person, but I’ve grown to really like them as I’ve gotten older (but only vanilla cupcakes)! These are the cupcakes that stuck out to me as I was perusing menus: Flamingo Cupcake from Flame Tree BBQ, Dole Whip Cupcake from Contempo Cafe, Rockin’ Stitch Cupcake from Intermission Food Court, and the Pop Goes Bananas Cupcake from Everything Pop!

Cheeseburger Spring Rolls- Adventureland Spring Roll Cart (MK)

I first tried these on my bachelorette party back in July and INHALED THEM! I felt so bad; @chunkymonkey bought them for the whole group, but I’m pretty sure I snatched them away before anyone else could try them :rotfl:. I literally couldn’t stop myself! I’m definitely buying a portion all for myself this trip :thumbsup2

Beignets/Specialty Beignets- Scat Cat’s Club (POFQ)

When staying at POFQ, I feel like it’s a law to try the beignets!! Once again, this was another snack that Jake and I tried at Disneyland in April. We liked them, but they were just plain flavored and didn’t have any dipping sauces. The menu says that you can get strawberry, caramel, and chocolate dipping sauces with these, and we’d definitely get all 3! Does anyone know the current specialty flavor of beignets at Scat Cat’s?

Wookie Cookie- Backlot Express (DHS)

I’m a HUGE sucker for Little Debbie snack cakes, and Oatmeal Creme Pies are one of my faves! This looks like a giant, upgraded version of these!! I mean, what’s not to love? :lovestruc

Donuts- Everglazed (DS)

If you read my Aulani honeymoon TR, you’ll know that Jake and I are obsessed with all things ube-flavored, but we can’t find it much at home. Ube is a purple sweet potato that has a nutty, vanilla flavor similar to almond extract or cake batter. We were delighted to find out that there is an ube glazed donut on the menu at Everglazed in Disney Springs! We’ll definitely need to grab one. The Peanut Butter Explosion and Apple Streusel donuts also look incredible!

Waffle Bowls- Fairfax Fare (DHS)

Finally, another savory option! All of these waffle bowls from Fairfax Fare look so yummy and like a perfect little snack to share. They come in Korean BBQ Pork Belly, Plant-Based Soba Noodle Salad, Buffalo Chicken, and BBQ Beef Brisket.

Dole Whip Flight- Swirls on the Water (DS)

I’ve been eyeing up this menu all year, and all of the seasonal flavors they’ve had look AMAZING! However, the menu ebbs and flows so frequently that I can’t get too excited about any flavor, because I’m afraid they’ll take it away :guilty:. The current specials (pistachio/chocolate swirl and banana/marshmallow swirl) look so delicious!

Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese- ABC Commissary (DHS)

Anything buffalo chicken-flavored is a winner in my book! Splitting this would be a great option for a light lunch/snack to tide you over until dinner.

Again, I’ll probably end up trying like 1/3 of these, and splitting most with a partner. I always do this thing on vacation where I get super excited and eat a TON of sweets the first couple days, then my body begs me for some fruit/veggies and my interest in food fizzles out :laughing: What are your must-eat snacks in Disney World? Any of your favorites that I missed??

Would eat all. Please invite me, thank you!

My mouth is literally watering just looking at this! Shout out to the Little Debbies! I have never successfully gotten a Wookie Cookie (they have been out when I tried) so I am dying to know if it is as good as it looks. The Dole Whip flight already caught my eye and I am not even going to the festival!

Finally, have you seen the little hair scrunchies for littles that look like a Mickey ear? So if you did two space buns in her hair and had those little ear scrunchies, I die at the cuteness! I got two on Amazon just for my big girls, but I swear I have seen them where they are just one ear for each rubberband, if that makes sense.
Amazon Scrunchies

Last edited:
How did I not know that Bath and Body Works had Disney candles?! Thanks for the heads up!

And goodness, those outfits are adorable! Your outfits inspired me to look for a few for my girls… and I’ve had bags and boxes arriving at our house for days. :laughing: It’s so much fun to buy cute kids’ clothes! Your sister did a great job finding adorable coordinating things.

And 19 (now 16!) days?! SO CLOSE! :banana:

Ah! I love all the outfits. I MISS those days!

I love thrill rides, but I'm also an ALL the rides girl. LOL. I just found out my girls weekend is returning to WDW, so am planning on upgrading to an annual pass in June. With 3 trips planned, we are sure to get on all the things!
Thank you!! We're really trying to soak in this adorable toddler phase right now :lovestruc Every day, they say/do the cutest things that just make us laugh!!

AHHH, so exciting about the AP! I'm a bit jealous :laughing:

Did you enjoy your weekend in Milwaukee???

I had no idea B&BW made Disney themed candles! Off to search for those!

Those outfits are adorable!! She did a great job coordinating them!

So I don't think they are actually Disney themed?? Crazy right?? I guess Hummingbird Tea Cake is a just popular southern dessert (but it's Homecoming's signature dessert), and Main Street Bakery doesn't really smell like Disney?? It is VERY sweet; like a combination of banana Laffy Taffy and vanilla frosting. Which I LOVE, but it may be too much for some people!
Okay, I THINK I'm finally caught up now!!!

Your outfits, as always, are such a slay. I LOVE the Lilly/Tommy Bahamas dresses!!! Tres chic assortment of tees/shorts and dresses, truly an outfit for every moment and occasion... chefs kiss to all of it. And so funny you mentioned the Brooks Ghosts, I tried a pair on yesterday!!! Went with a different brand BUT I liked the Ghosts too, they were my second choice.

Allll of the must-dos look great, you piqued my interest on the jelly donut sandwich!!! And of course, the rides: solid list of must-rides!

The little baby clothes 🥹 The tiny Lightning McQueen jacket is taking me out!!! Everything is too cute! You guys are going to be the best-dressed group at the Parks for sure!

And you guys are getting soooo close!!! 2 and a half-ish weeks until you check-in! :cool1:
Ahhhh thank you thank you! I spend SO much money on Disney clothes; I have like 3 outfit changes for every day, yet I cycle through the same 10 shirts and 5 pairs of leggings every day at home :rotfl:

We are getting SO CLOSE- you are too!! SO sad our trips don't align and we can't meet in-person; we are sooo similar!!
OMG!!! Those outfits are so cute.
Thank you!!! The kids will look absolutely adorable!
I miss dressing a little person for Disney!!!! And making autograph books!!!!! This is going to be the BEST trip ever!! Thanks for letting us tag along virtually :)

Hagrid's is pretty awesome and SO different than any others! My #1 favorite at Universal is still the Hulk, but Velocicoaster is a very close second--it is frickin incredible!!! SO fast, the hanging inversion is just WOW. It literally takes my breath away while riding--so exhilirating. Rob rode with me once, but I haven't managed to convince him to get on it again LOL I've done it twice in a row, but don't think I could handle more than that. Hulk I could ride over and over!
We are definitely trying to soak up all of this toddler time; it has been so special watching these kids grow up and, in a way, re-experiencing our childhoods through them!!

AH Velocicoaster looks sooo intense; I want to try it at least once, but once might be just enough for me :thumbsup2 We tried to get a Universal day in on this trip, but it just didn't work out timing-wise! We'll definitely go back when the kids are older!
OMG I love all the little clothes!! Dressing up little kids is so much fun...especially when they are little enough that they have no say in what they will wear and won't argue about it lol I only got to do that when my kids were tiny...then they wanted to pick lol
Haha oh ABSOLUTELY!! We are lucky that Evie is a little fashionista and loves all things girly/fancy. Ollie... he just goes with the flow (sweet boy) :lovestruc
OK, I have gotten through a few more pages and wanted to reply while I have a minute.

So it may take me forever to finish our trip recap but you know we did Hollywood/DL/DCL. And our cruise (Wonder) went to Catalina Island! So I feel like I can add some insight.

Our weather was not great for Hollywood, and we had planned to do much more, but in the past, we have done some of the things you mentioned and we enjoyed them, so I think we have similar traveling styles. We really loved the WB tour! It is very well done. Clean and efficiently run. If you like HP or Friends, there are lots of neat exhibits there.

As for DL, I am 10000% in support of going there, you already know this. I love the idea of a re-do!

But really I am here to comment on DCL. I know you suffer from the sickness and that is a concern. I do think Bonine can really help. Also, choosing a veranda room in the mid-section of the ship.

My daughter has horrible car sickness and has never gotten sick on DCL. My husband never suffers from car sickness but does get sick on rides. I get all of the above! We have felt a rocky ship before (this most recent trip) but I can say that no one in our family has gotten seasick. The ships are so big (especially the Fantasy!) that you really don't feel much movement. Now, that being said, we have all gotten sick with Covid/gastro AFTER the cruise. So if you were to do a small cruise, tack it on at the END of your trip! Although DCL is super clean and they have hand washing stations and hand sanitizer everywhere, it is a confined environment. We also get sick after most flights, so we are just used to it by now!

Our cruise had one day in Catalina Island. It was overcast and drizzly but we still loved it. It was very quaint. We did a golf cart ride around the island but got pretty cold, so we headed back to the ship earlier than I would have liked. However, this family just did a vlog and discussed their Catalina Day:

Have you thought about National Parks? I could go on and on about some fun places we have seen and I have lots of notes and trip itineraries I could share.

Honestly, through reading your reports, I feel like I could have a fun vacation with you! We share so much in common! (which is why I think you would love DCL!)

Ok, back to work but I will come back and finish soon!
Thank you SO much for your thorough reviews and tips!- I'm anxious to hear all about your Catalina day on your TR!! And that's too funny; Jake and I just watched that Catalina vlog a couple days ago :laughing:

Jake and I have definitely thought about National Parks; we are not super outdoorsy or campers (I love to walk/hike outside though), so it would definitely be a "glampy" trip involving staying in a nice hotel and maybe some spa time :laughing: I'm really not familiar with the west and would love to explore; I went to Denver/Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park when I was 7 but don't really remember anything! Jake visited Keystone, CO and loved it, and has driven through most of the west coast, so he's more familiar than me. Jake also lived in Glendale, Arizona for a short period of time, and we have seriously also been considering doing a Scottsdale/Sedona trip!

I really think we are going to end up doing the California trip in October. We are thinking of booking the Catalina hotel this weekend! Then, we'll save the cruise for spring/summer of 2025 when it's NOT hurricane season!
Would eat all. Please invite me, thank you!

My mouth is literally watering just looking at this! Shout out to the Little Debbies! I have never successfully gotten a Wookie Cookie (they have been out when I tried) so I am dying to know if it is as good as it looks. The Dole Whip flight already caught my eye and I am not even going to the festival!

Finally, have you seen the little hair scrunchies for littles that look like a Mickey ear? So if you did two space buns in her hair and had those little ear scrunchies, I die at the cuteness! I got two on Amazon just for my big girls, but I swear I have seen them where they are just one ear for each rubberband, if that makes sense.
Amazon Scrunchies
We would DEFINITELY be great travel companions! I feel like especially our food tastes are exactly the same; which is hard to do because I have interesting food opinions sometimes, LOL!

OMG those scrunchies are so cute! I might have to buy those for myself- I don't do Minnie ears because they hurt my head, so this could be a fun option!!
How did I not know that Bath and Body Works had Disney candles?! Thanks for the heads up!

And goodness, those outfits are adorable! Your outfits inspired me to look for a few for my girls… and I’ve had bags and boxes arriving at our house for days. :laughing: It’s so much fun to buy cute kids’ clothes! Your sister did a great job finding adorable coordinating things.

And 19 (now 16!) days?! SO CLOSE! :banana:
So I don't think the candles are actually Disney themed?? Crazy right?? I guess Hummingbird Tea Cake is a just popular southern dessert (but it's Homecoming's signature dessert), and Main Street Bakery doesn't really smell like Disney?? It is VERY sweet; like a combination of banana Laffy Taffy and vanilla frosting. Which I LOVE, but it may be too much for some people!

Thank you! Haley jokes that all of the late nights that she couldn't sleep while pregnant led to all of the outfit choices :laughing:

AHH we're both getting so close!! So sad that our trips don't align and we can't meet in-person!

Molly’s Must-Do Disney (Beverages)!

If I haven’t made it obvious already, I enjoy talking about food and beverage at WDW ::yes:: Working for DisneyFoodBlog would be my ultimate dream in life! This episode of “Molly’s Must-Do Disney” is about… Beverages!!

I don’t really drink alcohol in my normal life. I even more rarely get drunk (and those of you who have read my Aulani TR know that it's an ADVENTURE when Drunk Molly enters the fray :rotfl: ). I maybe have one or two cocktails/seltzers per month, if that? But, vacation is when I like to unwind and have a couple drinks throughout the day or with dinner. I DESPISE beer (tastes terrible to me and gives me major gut-rot), and I prefer sweeter drinks (surprise, surprise). When I do drink alcohol, I tend to go for rum, gin, or vodka-based cocktails, since dark liquor and wine/champagne make me feel like crap. Here are some drink options (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) that I’ve been eyeing up!

Purple Reign- Everglazed (DS). “Iced Chai, Purple Ube Coconut Milk, Coconut Syrup, and an Ube Syrup Swirl. Topped with an Ube Glazed Donut!”

I’ve mentioned my love of ube-flavored things many times, so I’m very excited to try this. The ube glazed donut is also on my must-try snack list, so this will knock out two cravings in one!

Syncopation Shift- Scat Cat’s Club and Lounge (POFQ). “Tito’s Handmade Vodka, Bayou Silver Rum, Cruzan Mango Rum, and Midori Melon Liqueur with Pineapple Juice and a Souvenir Glow Cube.”

I love Midori and melon-flavored drinks; I feel like every time I ask for a Midori Sour at a restaurant, the bartender is always like :confused:, LOL! So I’m glad that I can grab one at POFQ!

Grand Marnier Orange Slush- Les Vins de Chefs de France (Epcot). “Grand Marnier, Rum, Grey Goose Orange, and Orange Juice.”

A tried and true. I’ve had this drink at Epcot many times and it’s always so delicious! It’s like an Adult Creamsicle :goodvibes

My friend Morgan and I enjoying a Gran Marnier Orange Slush on my Disney Bachelorette back in July :cutie:

Mosquito Mojito- Trader Sam’s (Poly). “Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum, Organic Agave Nectar, Falernum, Mint, and Fresh Lime Juice topped with Soda Water.”

I have tried most of the drinks on the menu at Trader Sam’s, and without a doubt, this is the one that I will always go back to. The mint combined with the dragon fruit rum is SO refreshing and sweet. It almost reminds me of bubblegum (which sounds HORRIBLE but I love bubblegum flavoring, and I promise- the two flavors together actually really work!). A classic mojito is probably my all-time favorite alcoholic beverage- it was my signature drink at our wedding!

Peanut Butter Cold Brew- Gideon’s Bakehouse (DS). “Smooth Oat Milk Cold Brew with a Unique Dark-Roasted Peanut Blend from our favorite Georgia Peanut Farm. Sweetened with Maple Syrup!”

I LOVE peanut butter. I LOVE coffee. I LOVE Gideon’s Bakehouse. I think this drink will be a slam dunk :thumbsup2.

Canto-Loopy- Joy of Tea (Epcot). “Vodka and Cantaloupe Juice.”

Again, anything melon-flavored is usually a hit with me (cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon…I love them all!). There’s also an option to add boba pearls to this drink, which I will DEFINITELY be doing!

Frozen Mint Julep Lemonade- Casey’s Corner (MK). “Classically Blended Mint Julep featuring Minute Maid Premium Lemonade, topped with fresh Mint Leaves, Cherry, and Lemon.”

This reminds me of a mojito without the alcohol- nice and sweet! I’ve enjoyed this drink many times, and it’s always a go-to when I’m hot and tired at MK.

Takodana Quencher- Docking Bay 7 (DHS). “Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum, Blue Curacao, Simply Orange with Pineapple, Kiwi.”

Anything with Blue Curacao is a winner in my book; takes me right back to Hawaii! I really love the Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum in the Mosquito Mojito, so I’m hoping that this will also work well with this beverage.

Sweet Tea Slush- Golden Oak Outpost (MK). “Minute Maid Premium Lemonade and Sweet Tea.”

This sounds like it will be another nice and refreshing option at MK. I always order an Arnold Palmer when I want a palate-cleansing drink that’s not too sugary!

Tokyo Sunset- Garden House (Epcot). “Coconut Rum, Peach Schnapps, Banana Liqueur, and Pineapple Juice.”

Thank you @Woth2982 for the recommendation!! I’m a huge fan of both peach and banana flavors, and I enjoy cocktails that mostly taste like juice. This sounds like the perfect adult juice box ;)

Salted Caramel Cold Brew Float- Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies (MK). “Salted Caramel Soft Serve with your choice of Joffrey’s Coffee Cold Brew.”

I read about this concoction on DisneyFoodBlog, and it sounds DELISH! Perfect for rope-drop mornings when you need some energy, but also acknowledging that ice cream for breakfast on vacation is more than acceptable ::yes::

Pink Guava Colada- Banana Cabana (CBR). “Parrot Bay Coconut Rum and Appleton Estate Reserve Blend Rum blended with Guava, Cream of Coconut, and Pineapple Juice.”

This tropical drink sounds perfect for lounging around at the CBR pool! I’m going to need some alcoholic libations while swimming with the little crazies :laughing:

What’s your favorite beverage (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) to sip on while you’re in WDW?

Last edited:
These kids have my HEART :lovestruc
They are SO sweet!
Jake and I visited Disneyland back in April 2023 and had an absolute BLAST. We were so impressed with Disneyland and DCA and were just giddy the entire time. It was perfect for me, because it felt familiar but was also so new at the same time. We also spoiled ourselves and stayed at the Grand Californian, with the help of an awesome Dapper Day convention rate. We were absolutely RUINED by that; the GC continues to be one of our favorite hotels we’ve ever stayed at, and we don’t think we can ever stay anywhere else at DLR.
We decided to add 5 days at Disneyland before Aulani next summer and I am really looking forward to experiencing it for the first time. :)
Well, upon perusing a couple of websites, we ended up seeing the same Dapper Day convention rate going for October/November 2024!! Jake and I love participating in Dapper Day and checking out all the booths- we were sold :love: So, back in January, we booked 5 nights at the Grand Californian from October 29- November 3.
Dapper Day looks amazing! The next WDW Dapper day falls during my and Caroline's December trip and I cannot wait!
After that, he added, ‘And, I don’t know if I want to go all the way to California just to do Disneyland again.” Which makes complete sense. Catalina Island/Hollywood was really “his part” of the trip, and it’s not fair that I would still get to have “my part” at Disneyland. Jake loves Disney, but also wants to see other places and have variety, which we always compromise on!!
Compromise is always the key. :)
Due to Jake’s PTO situation, it would have to be a 7-night or shorter cruise. Neither of us have ever been to Europe before, so I feel like a Mediterranean cruise is a really good way to dip our feet in and see a lot in a short amount of time. For these itineraries, we are really interested in Celebrity Cruise Line. Their newest ship, the Celebrity Ascent, looks AMAZING and very posh!
A mediterranean cruise would be lovely!
I’m hoping we’ll have an update on this front soon! Regardless if it’s a Disney trip or not, Jake is always my favorite travel buddy and traveling is one of our absolute favorite things to do together :goodvibes. What’s your favorite place to travel to that’s not Disney-related??
I always go home to PEI every summer to my cottage. Then I have a LONG list of where I want to go; Japan, Ireland, Austria, Iceland, Peru, Hawaii (next summer!!), an Atlantic Crossing on the Queen Mary, The Hebrides In northern Scotland, Greece and so on.
Now, I’m not going to lie… when Mom and I stayed at CBR in 2015, we DEFINITELY thought it was way too big. We booked a standard room, but we were upgraded upon arrival to a Pirate Room. We were placed in the Trinidad South section, which seemed so far away from Centertown/Old Port Royale.
Location is everything at CBR. I was in Martinique which was amazing. I would happily do Aruba as it's so close to Riviera.
Dress- HerUniverse (It’s Winnie the Pooh! I’ll wear this at our Crystal Palace breakfast :goodvibes)
Love this!
Cute!
Dress- Tommy Bahama (purchased from Ebay)
I need this one!!
Dress- Lilly Pulitzer (purchased from ShopDisney/DisneyStore)
I have this in the lighter blue pattern from two years ago. It's such a great dress and super comfortable!
Haley has also been trying out some fun hairstyles on Evie. AHHH, I can’t handle the cuteness!!
Adorbs!!
We are really going all out for this trip! AS IF the kids couldn’t get any cuter… we will definitely be doing WDW in style this year :thumbsup2
The outfits are all so sweet!
A tried and true. I’ve had this drink at Epcot many times and it’s always so delicious! It’s like an Adult Creamsicle :goodvibes
Perfect description!
Mosquito Mojito- Trader Sam’s (Poly). “Bacardi Dragon Berry Rum, Organic Agave Nectar, Falernum, Mint, and Fresh Lime Juice topped with Soda Water.”
Yum!
Frozen Mint Julep Lemonade- Casey’s Corner (MK). “Classically Blended Mint Julep featuring Minute Maid Premium Lemonade, topped with fresh Mint Leaves, Cherry, and Lemon.”
I need to try this!
Tokyo Sunset- Garden House (Epcot). “Coconut Rum, Peach Schnapps, Banana Liqueur, and Pineapple Juice.”
I love this drink!

I am not a drinker, but I would love to try all of those drinks you shared! Some of the combinations sound heavenly. I just choose to eat my calories instead! I have never tried Ube but now I am on a mission to find it. Must go to Hawaii! :D

My recent favorite thing is to get hot cocoa when it is a bit chilly (rare, but it was in CA and in December at WDW) because I think they put crack in it. No really, it just hits the spot. We aren't coffee drinkers, so maybe this is what the Geoffrey's lovers think about the coffee in the park? We had never been when I wanted a hot drink so this is just new information for me.

Peanut Butter Cold Brew- Gideon’s Bakehouse (DS). “Smooth Oat Milk Cold Brew with a Unique Dark-Roasted Peanut Blend from our favorite Georgia Peanut Farm. Sweetened with Maple Syrup!”

I LOVE peanut butter. I LOVE coffee. I LOVE Gideon’s Bakehouse. I think this drink will be a slam dunk :thumbsup2.

This is definitely a slam dunk! I love the peanut butter cold brew and can't go to Gideon's without getting one. So delicious.

ALL the drinks!! MMMMMM. My favorite place to drink a Disney cocktail is the Tune-In Lounge at 50's Primetime. I love Dad's Electric Lemonade. You know, if it's blue and has a glow cube, i am all in! :)

AHH we're both getting so close!! So sad that our trips don't align and we can't meet in-person!

Yes, I agree! That would’ve been so fun! Maybe someday… :goodvibes

I drink alcohol so rarely now, but this sounds delicious. I love mojitos! Plus, staying at the Poly I have to get at least one drink from Trader Sam’s. ;)

This sounds so good - I’ve never heard of it!

What are you doing to me with all these snack and drinks?! My must-try list keeps growing! :laughing:

As for my favorite drinks, POG juice and the Peanut Butter and Jelly milkshake from 50’s Prime Time are both must-dos. I also love the Grey Goose citron lemon slush France as I’m a huge lemon/citrus fan. I also love the Pina Colava!

New “must-try” drinks for me include the Night Blossom in Pandora and the Cold Brew Black Caf in Galaxy’s Edge. I may also try the Adventureland Colada during our dinner at Skipper Canteen.

Luckily, we've exhausted MANY of our options, and I think we will end up going to Disneyland in October after all. But, a cruise is definitely still on the table (and probably will happen) in spring/summer 2025!!!
yeah!!! We are actually looking to take our first cruise. Andy really wants to give it a try, so it might be our next spring break trip! We will see! I looked this morning and there is a 4 night cruise the week the girls will more than likely have off! So, we will see!!!!

53665892452_8d089af649_c.jpg
I normally hate the princess security shirts, but having it on her twin brother is adorable!

Also adorable!!!

And these!!! Amazing!!! So cute!

I love this picture!!! So cute!

Working for DisneyFoodBlog would be my ultimate dream in life!
So, I applied to work there once! They had an opening for a project manager and I that is what I do. I was like I am PERFECT for this job! Didn't even get a response from them.... ;( Molly leaving there also makes me wonder about how that place is run a little. But I agree the idea of working for disney food blog would be a dream!

I even more rarely get drunk (and those of you who have read my Aulani TR know that it's an ADVENTURE when Drunk Molly enters the fr
Me either. I am too old to be hung over!!! Tispy yes.... but def not full on drunk. I need to go find your Aluni trip report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter