Our biggest WDW vacation yet (but with the littlest guests)- A May PTR! Updated 4/27!

How on earth did I get 3 updates behind!? Happy Easter by the way :)

I giggled at the question: what's your favorite non-Disney place to travel? I bet you can guess mine!! We love Milwaukee and Lake Geneva for our quick getaways--those little trips get me through between big vacations :)

I loved your original West Hollywood travel plans, especially Tom Tom and Sur! If we ever make our way out to CA, that would definitely be in my plans, too, now that I'm hooked on all things Vanderpump. I've been binge watching from season 1 since January, and finally caught up over spring break. I was SHOOK!!!! Totally a curveball I did not see coming with Tom and Raquel!!!!

Love all of your outfits! Can't believe the trip is coming up so quickly. You are all going to have the most magical time!

Did you enjoy your DCL cruise overall? What ship did you cruise on? Why was 7 nights too long?? I need deets, lady!! :)

The cruise wasn't bad. I think cruising for my honeymoon was a great choice, because it was back in 2011 and so we didn't have wifi or internet, so my hubs and I actually spent the 7 days just us two. (And friends we met on the ship.)
But I just don't think cruising is for me. I need space to decompress on trips, and on the cruise I felt like there were always people around. No quiet space outside of your stateroom. Plus, I am a go-go-go type of traveler, so being trapped on a ship got old after 3-4 days. :rotfl2: (We got off at every stop, but it still felt like it wasn't long enough.)
I think it's about personal preferences. Some people like having the comforts and luxury of a cruise ship. I'd rather drive hours into the Scottish Highlands and not see another soul or grocery store.:rotfl:

Also, yes, I am wearing fuzzy Christmas socks in some pictures

I do this, as well. They're cozy!

Dress- HerUniverse (It’s Winnie the Pooh! I’ll wear this at our Crystal Palace breakfast :goodvibes)

This is adorable and so perfect for Crystal Palace!

I really like this dress.

Shirt- ShopDisney/DisneyStore. They advertised this shirt as "cropped," so I sized up (usually I'm a medium, and I ordered a large). Well, it came and was absolutely SWIMMING on me- I should have ordered a small!

Sizing drama aside, the design on the shirt is great. I feel like I'm dropping the ball not checking out shopDisney more.:rotfl:

I’m a Brooks girl through and through. Hands-down, my favorite pair of tennis shoes I’ve ever owned are Brooks Ghost.

Me too! I will never think about how much money I've dropped on Brooks Ghost. It's probably terrifying. :laughing: I keep three pairs in rotation for running and always have a retired pair for everyday use.
However, like you said, at Disney you have to change up the shoes! It saves your feet.
(I fly out next week for my runDisney weekend, and I don't even want to think about how much space I'm going to need in my suitcase just for blasted shoes! :sad1: :laughing: )

I want to go check out TJ Maxx now! That’s a great deal!

I love Skechers for comfy sandals too. Those are really cute!

I’m a Brooks girl too! But our local shoe store wasn’t carrying them so I ended up switching to ASICS for this trip. Which were comfy but did cause a blister.

I usually do a mix of Target, Old Navy, Kohl’s and Etsy.
Seriously, they had SO many options there for Disney jewelry... If I had no restraint, I could have left with like 15 pairs :rotfl:

I used to be a Nike girl but switched to Brooks about 2 years ago... and never looked back!
This was a great call! You’ll love the flexibility of being able to use an extra day - and for $22, it’s a no-brainer!

Eeek… I’d probably book the back up flight. It’s easy to cancel and retain the credit on SW, especially considering you guys like to travel. Spirit’s inconsistency would make me nervous!

It looks like Aruba may be your best bet as it will put you near the skyliner. I’ve never stayed at CBR due to its size - after staying at (I think smaller?) CSR I was scared off from the huge resorts. Still, the skyliner is a great perk and the resort itself looks lovely.

I admire your dedication to outfit planning! I have no such dedication. :laughing: That said, I often use Disney trips as a shopping excuse - it’s a great reason to buy some new summer shirts!

Although I won’t be planning my own coordinating outfits, I do intend to plan some outfits for the girls. I’m not going to be the level of some parents (I refuse to do multiple outfit changes a day, minus normal reasons of swimming/spills) but it would be fun to pick character gear that “matches” the park we’re visiting that day. Picking and ordering clothes is on my agenda starting this week!

:rotfl: I love it!

I bought my first pair of Brooks Ghost shoes this spring! My husband is a runner and highly recommended I try either Hoka or Brooks shoes - I tried both and went with Brooks. I’m lucky that I’ve never had blister problems at Disney World, but I’m still excited to wear my new-ish shoes. (But don’t worry - I’ve already put some miles on them so they’ll be broken in before our trip!)

I love your sandals! I may have to try those - I have a pair of Tevas I wear occasionally in the parks and they work well, but it would be nice to have an alternative.
Hahaha, I always use Disney (and vacations in general) as an excuse to buy new clothes :thumbsup2 I think that's why I have so many fun options for warm-weather clothes and very plain winter clothes (which isn't ideal when you live in Wisconsin :laughing: )

Haley picked out SO many cute matching outfits for the kids. Not enough for multiple outfit changes, but at least one outfit a day plus back ups!! She joked that outfit planning kept her sane in the last trimester :rotfl: I'll definitely post some pics of the kid's outfits in the next couple weeks!

The sandals are soooo comfy! I bought a pair of Chacos for our trip back in 2016 when they were all the rage, but my feet did not take to them at ALL! The Sketchers are so much more comfortable and light.
So I had this issue too. I have discovered it isnt so much the shoe as it is the SOCK! Balega Running socks are 100% the BEST socks. I ran two marathons (and many training runs) in both heat and rain, and both times ZERO blisters. Sore feet yes, blisters no! They are pricy but man, they are legit the best socks on the planet.

I stumbled into Primark at the mall one day, and OHHH EMMMM GEEEE! Disney heaven! Who knew!? Cheap too. I also love Etsy, and for my kids Walmart has great stuff!
Oooo, I'll have to check those out!! My favorite socks are Bombas (they look similar to Balega)- I love the compression aspect and they keep your feet nice and dry!!

WHAT?! I had no idea that Primark was in the U.S!! I thought it was just in England! I looked it up, and it looks like there's a store at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL (about an hour and 20 mins from me but super close to Haley). I think I see a sister shopping day in the near future :ssst:
We just did our first DCL cruise on the Wish and absolutely loved it! We’re already planning our next one. That said, it is significantly pricier than other cruise lines! It’s worth it for us at this stage of life (3 small kids) - you can’t beat the nursery and kids club, and it was just SO family friendly (they even put a diaper genie in our stateroom!) But if it were just me and my husband, we’d definitely look at other cruise lines to save $$. And, totally agree, a lot of the DCL itineraries don’t actually appeal to me that much - but on DCL I feel like the ship is kind of a destination by itself, so we didn’t mind that for that particular cruise.

I haven’t done Catalina Island but we did do a Disneyland and Los Angeles trip last year - we absolutely loved our day at the Santa Monica Pier and checking out all the other sights in LA! I also got sick on our Disneyland portion which was such a bummer - can’t wait to plan a do over. I’m sure you guys will have a blast wherever you decide to go!
Yes!! I totally agree; I think they make their itineraries port-light so that you really get to enjoy the amazing ship and all of its amenities. So glad you had such an amazing time and made great memories!! :)

NO, being sick on vacation is the worst!! I hope you guys get your DL do-over soon!! The more Jake and I think about it, the more we are leaning towards keeping our California trip in October and saving the cruise for spring/summer 2025 (which is more than fine with me :thumbsup2).
How on earth did I get 3 updates behind!? Happy Easter by the way :)

I giggled at the question: what's your favorite non-Disney place to travel? I bet you can guess mine!! We love Milwaukee and Lake Geneva for our quick getaways--those little trips get me through between big vacations :)

I loved your original West Hollywood travel plans, especially Tom Tom and Sur! If we ever make our way out to CA, that would definitely be in my plans, too, now that I'm hooked on all things Vanderpump. I've been binge watching from season 1 since January, and finally caught up over spring break. I was SHOOK!!!! Totally a curveball I did not see coming with Tom and Raquel!!!!

Love all of your outfits! Can't believe the trip is coming up so quickly. You are all going to have the most magical time!
Hahaha I LOVE that you love Milwaukee!! We love doing little stay-cations at the Pfister now and then... we are going to be spending lots of time downtown now that the weather is getting nicer again!

I really hope that we get to check out the Vanderpump restaurants! And ahhhh I know!! I remember when Jake and I first found out about Scandoval, we thought it was a rumor!! Once we realized that it was true, we stayed up till like 2 AM just stalking Reddit/TMZ for updates and binge-reading all we could :laughing:
The cruise wasn't bad. I think cruising for my honeymoon was a great choice, because it was back in 2011 and so we didn't have wifi or internet, so my hubs and I actually spent the 7 days just us two. (And friends we met on the ship.)
But I just don't think cruising is for me. I need space to decompress on trips, and on the cruise I felt like there were always people around. No quiet space outside of your stateroom. Plus, I am a go-go-go type of traveler, so being trapped on a ship got old after 3-4 days. :rotfl2: (We got off at every stop, but it still felt like it wasn't long enough.)
I think it's about personal preferences. Some people like having the comforts and luxury of a cruise ship. I'd rather drive hours into the Scottish Highlands and not see another soul or grocery store.:rotfl:

I do this, as well. They're cozy!

This is adorable and so perfect for Crystal Palace!

I really like this dress.

Sizing drama aside, the design on the shirt is great. I feel like I'm dropping the ball not checking out shopDisney more.:rotfl:

Me too! I will never think about how much money I've dropped on Brooks Ghost. It's probably terrifying. :laughing: I keep three pairs in rotation for running and always have a retired pair for everyday use.
However, like you said, at Disney you have to change up the shoes! It saves your feet.
(I fly out next week for my runDisney weekend, and I don't even want to think about how much space I'm going to need in my suitcase just for blasted shoes! :sad1: :laughing: )
Great pointers on the cruise!! I think I'm kind of in the middle... I like having a fun home base and spending time at the resort (so I think that hanging around the ship would be appealing for me.). But if it's super crowded/overwhelming I would NOT be into that. If we do cruise, we are definitely going to book a veranda room. I heard the fresh air and seeing the ship in motion helps with disorientation, plus it'll be a nice little haven if things get too crazy.

ShopDisney has really upped their game on clothes!! I feel like starting in like 2019ish I started seeing way more cute/unique stuff at the parks. I feel like they really had to step it up to compete with all of the cute Etsy/small shop designs!

Ahhhh!!! Sending all the good juju for your race!! Hope you have a blast and are able to relax a little too :)

Molly’s Must-Do Disney (Quick Eats)!

Hi everyone! I thought it would be fun to start a little “series” on my PTR, since I’m not sharing much when it comes to our day-to-day plans. I’m going to title this “Molly’s Must-Do Disney!” Now, I’m not even going to pretend that I can compare to this special lady…

But I’ll sure try ::yes:: I miss you, Stacey!!!

If you’ve gathered anything from reading my trip reports, you’ll know that I’m a snacker/grazer when it comes to Disney food! Although I love the theming and ambience of the table-service restaurants, I usually eat less at these meals and prefer the snack-y type foods on property. Here are some of the quick eats that I’m intrigued to try at WDW!

Now, I’m not including my tried-and-true favorites (Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar, Dole Whip, Sleepy Hollow Waffle Sandwiches, Jack-Jack Num Num Cookie, etc.) Similar to F&G, I want to prioritize new items or snacks that I haven’t eaten in a long time. This is a LONG list and I know I won’t get to every item, but I’ll try my hardest to share and sample at least some of these!

Unfortunately, you won’t see much variety on this list. I really prioritize healthy and balanced eating in my daily life, but there are no rules when I’m eating on vacation. When it comes to Disney food, I like my snacks to be 1. Carb-licious and 2. SWEET!

Cookies and Cake Slices- Gideon’s Bakery (DS)

I’ve given Gideon’s Bakery enough advertisement on this PTR :laughing:. Needless to say, the cake slices are definitely a priority snack item for this trip!

Cinnamon Roll with Extra Icing- Gaston’s Tavern (MK)

I’ve only tried this snack once, wayyyy back in 2016, and I totally forgot to ask for extra icing! Usually cinnamon rolls come with cream cheese frosting (which I hate), so I want to take full advantage of the superior vanilla icing-goodness :love:

Seasoned Fries with Dipping Sauces- Mr. Kamal’s Snack Cart (AK)

I did try these back in December 2019… and while they were DELISH, they perfectly coincided with an unfortunate IBS episode that evening (While at MVMCP no less)! I’m not sure if it was because of the fries, since they are so spicy? But they tasted SO good, and I want to maybe give them another try. Maybe I’ll convince Jake or my mom to get a portion and I’ll just steal a couple? :laughing:

Raspberry-Lime Macaron- Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie (Epcot)

When Jake and I went to Disneyland last year, I fell in LOVE with the Raspberry Rose Macaron from Jolly Holiday. It was probably my favorite snack I tried all trip! I’m hoping that this one compares. I normally don’t prefer macarons, but Disney macarons are an enigma- they’re always so soft and chewy!

Pulled Pork Jelly Donut Sandwich- Eight Spoon Cafe (AK)

I’m a HUGE fan of sweet and salty combinations. The Wisconsin State Fair used to have this amazing treat that was a cheeseburger with two Krispy Kreme glazed donuts as the bun. This reminds me a lot of that!!

POG Gelato- Gelato Cart near MuppetVision 3D (DHS)

This was a snack I read about on DisneyFoodBlog, and it sounds so intriguing! I love POG (passion-orange-guava) juice, and this sounds like it would be perfect on a hot park day.

Various Cupcakes around Property

I never used to be a cupcake person, but I’ve grown to really like them as I’ve gotten older (but only vanilla cupcakes)! These are the cupcakes that stuck out to me as I was perusing menus: Flamingo Cupcake from Flame Tree BBQ, Dole Whip Cupcake from Contempo Cafe, Rockin’ Stitch Cupcake from Intermission Food Court, and the Pop Goes Bananas Cupcake from Everything Pop!

Cheeseburger Spring Rolls- Adventureland Spring Roll Cart (MK)

I first tried these on my bachelorette party back in July and INHALED THEM! I felt so bad; @chunkymonkey bought them for the whole group, but I’m pretty sure I snatched them away before anyone else could try them :rotfl:. I literally couldn’t stop myself! I’m definitely buying a portion all for myself this trip :thumbsup2

Beignets/Specialty Beignets- Scat Cat’s Club (POFQ)

When staying at POFQ, I feel like it’s a law to try the beignets!! Once again, this was another snack that Jake and I tried at Disneyland in April. We liked them, but they were just plain flavored and didn’t have any dipping sauces. The menu says that you can get strawberry, caramel, and chocolate dipping sauces with these, and we’d definitely get all 3! Does anyone know the current specialty flavor of beignets at Scat Cat’s?

Wookie Cookie- Backlot Express (DHS)

I’m a HUGE sucker for Little Debbie snack cakes, and Oatmeal Creme Pies are one of my faves! This looks like a giant, upgraded version of these!! I mean, what’s not to love? :lovestruc

Donuts- Everglazed (DS)

If you read my Aulani honeymoon TR, you’ll know that Jake and I are obsessed with all things ube-flavored, but we can’t find it much at home. Ube is a purple sweet potato that has a nutty, vanilla flavor similar to almond extract or cake batter. We were delighted to find out that there is an ube glazed donut on the menu at Everglazed in Disney Springs! We’ll definitely need to grab one. The Peanut Butter Explosion and Apple Streusel donuts also look incredible!

Waffle Bowls- Fairfax Fare (DHS)

Finally, another savory option! All of these waffle bowls from Fairfax Fare look so yummy and like a perfect little snack to share. They come in Korean BBQ Pork Belly, Plant-Based Soba Noodle Salad, Buffalo Chicken, and BBQ Beef Brisket.

Dole Whip Flight- Swirls on the Water (DS)

I’ve been eyeing up this menu all year, and all of the seasonal flavors they’ve had look AMAZING! However, the menu ebbs and flows so frequently that I can’t get too excited about any flavor, because I’m afraid they’ll take it away :guilty:. The current specials (pistachio/chocolate swirl and banana/marshmallow swirl) look so delicious!

Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese- ABC Commissary (DHS)

Anything buffalo chicken-flavored is a winner in my book! Splitting this would be a great option for a light lunch/snack to tide you over until dinner.

Again, I’ll probably end up trying like 1/3 of these, and splitting most with a partner. I always do this thing on vacation where I get super excited and eat a TON of sweets the first couple days, then my body begs me for some fruit/veggies and my interest in food fizzles out :laughing: What are your must-eat snacks in Disney World? Any of your favorites that I missed??

Molly’s Must-Do Disney (Quick Eats)!

Hi everyone! I thought it would be fun to start a little “series” on my PTR, since I’m not sharing much when it comes to our day-to-day plans. I’m going to title this “Molly’s Must-Do Disney!” Now, I’m not even going to pretend that I can compare to this special lady…

But I’ll sure try ::yes:: I miss you, Stacey!!!

If you’ve gathered anything from reading my trip reports, you’ll know that I’m a snacker/grazer when it comes to Disney food! Although I love the theming and ambience of the table-service restaurants, I usually eat less at these meals and prefer the snack-y type foods on property. Here are some of the quick eats that I’m intrigued to try at WDW!

Now, I’m not including my tried-and-true favorites (Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar, Dole Whip, Sleepy Hollow Waffle Sandwiches, Jack-Jack Num Num Cookie, etc.) Similar to F&G, I want to prioritize new items or snacks that I haven’t eaten in a long time. This is a LONG list and I know I won’t get to every item, but I’ll try my hardest to share and sample at least some of these!

Unfortunately, you won’t see much variety on this list. I really prioritize healthy and balanced eating in my daily life, but there are no rules when I’m eating on vacation. When it comes to Disney food, I like my snacks to be 1. Carb-licious and 2. SWEET!

Cookies and Cake Slices- Gideon’s Bakery (DS)

I’ve given Gideon’s Bakery enough advertisement on this PTR :laughing:. Needless to say, the cake slices are definitely a priority snack item for this trip!

I’ve only tried this snack once, wayyyy back in 2016, and I totally forgot to ask for extra icing! Usually cinnamon rolls come with cream cheese frosting (which I hate), so I want to take full advantage of the superior vanilla icing-goodness :love:

I did try these back in December 2019… and while they were DELISH, they perfectly coincided with an unfortunate IBS episode that evening (While at MVMCP no less)! I’m not sure if it was because of the fries, since they are so spicy? But they tasted SO good, and I want to maybe give them another try. Maybe I’ll convince Jake or my mom to get a portion and I’ll just steal a couple? :laughing:

Raspberry-Lime Macaron- Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie (Epcot)

When Jake and I went to Disneyland last year, I fell in LOVE with the Raspberry Rose Macaron from Jolly Holiday. It was probably my favorite snack I tried all trip! I’m hoping that this one compares. I normally don’t prefer macarons, but Disney macarons are an enigma- they’re always so soft and chewy!

Pulled Pork Jelly Donut Sandwich- Eight Spoon Cafe (AK)

I’m a HUGE fan of sweet and salty combinations. The Wisconsin State Fair used to have this amazing treat that was a cheeseburger with two Krispy Kreme glazed donuts as the bun. This reminds me a lot of that!!

This was a snack I read about on DisneyFoodBlog, and it sounds so intriguing! I love POG (passion-orange-guava) juice, and this sounds like it would be perfect on a hot park day.

Various Cupcakes around Property

I never used to be a cupcake person, but I’ve grown to really like them as I’ve gotten older (but only vanilla cupcakes)! These are the cupcakes that stuck out to me as I was perusing menus: Flamingo Cupcake from Flame Tree BBQ, Dole Whip Cupcake from Contempo Cafe, Rockin’ Stitch Cupcake from Intermission Food Court, and the Pop Goes Bananas Cupcake from Everything Pop!

I first tried these on my bachelorette party back in July and INHALED THEM! I felt so bad; @chunkymonkey bought them for the whole group, but I’m pretty sure I snatched them away before anyone else could try them :rotfl:. I literally couldn’t stop myself! I’m definitely buying a portion all for myself this trip :thumbsup2

Beignets/Specialty Beignets- Scat Cat’s Club (POFQ)

When staying at POFQ, I feel like it’s a law to try the beignets!! Once again, this was another snack that Jake and I tried at Disneyland in April. We liked them, but they were just plain flavored and didn’t have any dipping sauces. The menu says that you can get strawberry, caramel, and chocolate dipping sauces with these, and we’d definitely get all 3! Does anyone know the current specialty flavor of beignets at Scat Cat’s?

I’m a HUGE sucker for Little Debbie snack cakes, and Oatmeal Creme Pies are one of my faves! This looks like a giant, upgraded version of these!! I mean, what’s not to love? :lovestruc

Donuts- Everglazed (DS)

If you read my Aulani honeymoon TR, you’ll know that Jake and I are obsessed with all things ube-flavored, but we can’t find it much at home. Ube is a purple sweet potato that has a nutty, vanilla flavor similar to almond extract or cake batter. We were delighted to find out that there is an ube glazed donut on the menu at Everglazed in Disney Springs! We’ll definitely need to grab one. The Peanut Butter Explosion and Apple Streusel donuts also look incredible!

Finally, another savory option! All of these waffle bowls from Fairfax Fare look so yummy and like a perfect little snack to share. They come in Korean BBQ Pork Belly, Plant-Based Soba Noodle Salad, Buffalo Chicken, and BBQ Beef Brisket.

I’ve been eyeing up this menu all year, and all of the seasonal flavors they’ve had look AMAZING! However, the menu ebbs and flows so frequently that I can’t get too excited about any flavor, because I’m afraid they’ll take it away :guilty:. The current specials (pistachio/chocolate swirl and banana/marshmallow swirl) look so delicious!

Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese- ABC Commissary (DHS)

Anything buffalo chicken-flavored is a winner in my book! Splitting this would be a great option for a light lunch/snack to tide you over until dinner.

Again, I’ll probably end up trying like 1/3 of these, and splitting most with a partner. I always do this thing on vacation where I get super excited and eat a TON of sweets the first couple days, then my body begs me for some fruit/veggies and my interest in food fizzles out :laughing: What are your must-eat snacks in Disney World? Any of your favorites that I missed??

Lots of good stuff there! I am looking forward to the cheeseburger spring rolls during our next trip. I also want to try the buffalo chicken grilled cheese and Woody's Lunchbox-never been there yet! I feel we always end up in Toy Story land bright and early and are too focused on the rides to worry about the good treats.

What are your must-eat snacks in Disney World? Any of your favorites that I missed??
You have so many great options highlighted! My favorite is the I Lava You Float at Sunshine Tree Terrace in MK. Followed closely by the coconut dole whip with POG juice. Both were so good and refreshing.

And the pop tarts at Woody’s Lunch Box!

I miss you, Stacey!!!

I must admit, I read your title before I noticed your Stacey picture and immediately started playing the Stacey channel jingle in my head. :laughing: Then I saw your direct Stacey reference, and I was like, YES! Stacey was the best!

*Also, it’s thanks to Stacey and her darn must-dos that we’re eating at Be Our Guest restaurant. I was telling M about Stacey and her must-dos which led us to watching her show on YouTube. They highlight BOG as a “must-do,” which led M deciding she wanted to eat there. When I asked her why she wanted to eat there, she said, “It’s a must-do!” :rotfl:

I must remember this cinnamon roll as my husband is a cinnamon roll fanatic. THANK YOU for confirming it has icing instead of cream cheese frosting - G is also not a fan of cream cheese and would be thrilled with an icing topped roll.

(I may have to order the extra icing just for myself. I’m not as healthy as he is! :laughing: )

WHAT?! I’ve never heard of this and it sounds DELICIOUS! I need to add this to my snack list…

I’m super excited to try these! As you know, I’m a huge TS restaurant fan, but we have one free lunch at MK and these spring rolls are calling my name.

This is another snack I’m really excited to try! It seems to be well regarded and I LOVE oatmeal cream pies… so it seems like a must-do!

Our meal plans for DHS are pretty set, but I must admit these look tasty!

What are your must-eat snacks in Disney World? Any of your favorites that I missed??

You’ve hit many of the highlights! My other existing favorites include the Carrot Cake Cookie (which they’ve changed, but I’m going to give it try because it was my favorite!) and POPCORN. I love getting a bag of caramel corn from Karamell-Kuche and I LOVE the regular Disney buttered popcorn - it’s always salty and perfect. I’m actually excited to have the stroller so we can buy a popcorn bucket and get multiple refills! :laughing:

Other snacks or foods I look forward to trying include the breakfast totchos from Woody’s Lunch Box and the pulled pork nachos from Capt. Cook’s at the Polynesian. I’ve not had either but am excited I’ll have the opportunity to try both of them! I’d also love to try a float from Sunshine Tree Terrace - I’m not a fan of the regular Dole Whip Float from Aloha Aisle, but the I Lava You Float that @jrmint427 mentions above sounds VERY good. :goodvibes

I heard the fresh air and seeing the ship in motion helps with disorientation, plus it'll be a nice little haven if things get too crazy.
Look at the horizon. My dad told me this after I got back from the last cruise (the one I found out that I get sea sick now). He was in the Navy. I learned this on the trip myself but I don't think I put 2 and 2 together. We did an excursion where you went to the bottom of the boat and watched the fish. I lasted all of 2 minutes before I running to the top of the boat and stayed their for the whole excursion. If I looked at the land or the other boat close by I felt really sick but if I looked at the horizon I was fine.

We are getting a veranda for the first time this trip and I am hoping it helps.

I got the for the first time on my trip last year. It was so good. I don't like the cream creese frosting either so it was nice to find one without it. I didn't get extra frosting. I didn't know that was a thing but it was enough that I didn't think it needed more.
(but only vanilla cupcakes)!
I only eat vanilla cake/cupcakes as well and really only with vanilla frosting. My family thinks I am so boring.

OMG yes this. I wish it wasn't such a process to get some of that. If you like iced coffee the peanut butter cold brew is heaven. If you don't want the coffee and have access to a car, I've heard the Gideon's downtown location is not busy. I know not the same, but you don't have to rope drop to avoid waiting a long time!
I loooove these!!
I really wanted to try these when we were there in March but the line was ridiculous. Go early. My son and his gf tried the marshmallow and said it was really good.

Hahaha I LOVE that you love Milwaukee!! We love doing little stay-cations at the Pfister now and then... we are going to be spending lots of time downtown now that the weather is getting nicer again!
We'll be there for opening day of Summerfest this year--cannot wait!! and I'm sure back again at some point after that. Hopefully we can bump into each other while we're there! :)

I LOVE all of your must eat options!! SO many good ones, and now I am soooo hungry, LOL! We had sort of written off the ABC Commissary after a couple of not so stellar meals there, but Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese could tempt be to go back!!

What are your must-eat snacks in Disney World?
My 3.5 year old just informed me this weekend we are going to get pop corn and a mickey bar and sit on a bench and eat it in Disney World. So add those two items to my list of "must haves" (including the bench apparently) lol. My go to is the Tokyo Sunset beverage in Japan. I dream of it and buy it in 3s (please don't judge I swear I'm not an alcoholic). I also REALLY love getting root beer float and watching a show at DHS, and for Fantasmic a good old fashioned Bud Light Draft and Cotton Candy.

Lots of good stuff there! I am looking forward to the cheeseburger spring rolls during our next trip. I also want to try the buffalo chicken grilled cheese and Woody's Lunchbox-never been there yet! I feel we always end up in Toy Story land bright and early and are too focused on the rides to worry about the good treats.
I've eaten at Woody's Lunchbox a couple times! Definitely good snack-y type foods, but if you want my honest opinion, it's kind of overrated ::yes:: I'm much more of a fan of Baseline Taphouse or any TS restaurant at DHS!
You have so many great options highlighted! My favorite is the I Lava You Float at Sunshine Tree Terrace in MK. Followed closely by the coconut dole whip with POG juice. Both were so good and refreshing.

And the pop tarts at Woody’s Lunch Box!
I'm a weirdo and prefer plain Dole Whip to the floats (I do really like the Dole Whip Swirl with orange soda)! And....I tried the pop tarts at Woody's Lunch Box and hated them :eek: I even tried a different flavor pop tart from Pooh Corner at Disneyland just to make sure I didn't like it! I thought it was wayyyy too dry/too much crust with not nearly enough frosting or filling! I did like the Pop Tart they had at FARTS a couple years ago!!
I must admit, I read your title before I noticed your Stacey picture and immediately started playing the Stacey channel jingle in my head. :laughing: Then I saw your direct Stacey reference, and I was like, YES! Stacey was the best!

*Also, it’s thanks to Stacey and her darn must-dos that we’re eating at Be Our Guest restaurant. I was telling M about Stacey and her must-dos which led us to watching her show on YouTube. They highlight BOG as a “must-do,” which led M deciding she wanted to eat there. When I asked her why she wanted to eat there, she said, “It’s a must-do!” :rotfl:

I must remember this cinnamon roll as my husband is a cinnamon roll fanatic. THANK YOU for confirming it has icing instead of cream cheese frosting - G is also not a fan of cream cheese and would be thrilled with an icing topped roll.

(I may have to order the extra icing just for myself. I’m not as healthy as he is! :laughing: )

WHAT?! I’ve never heard of this and it sounds DELICIOUS! I need to add this to my snack list…

I’m super excited to try these! As you know, I’m a huge TS restaurant fan, but we have one free lunch at MK and these spring rolls are calling my name.

This is another snack I’m really excited to try! It seems to be well regarded and I LOVE oatmeal cream pies… so it seems like a must-do!

Our meal plans for DHS are pretty set, but I must admit these look tasty!

You’ve hit many of the highlights! My other existing favorites include the Carrot Cake Cookie (which they’ve changed, but I’m going to give it try because it was my favorite!) and POPCORN. I love getting a bag of caramel corn from Karamell-Kuche and I LOVE the regular Disney buttered popcorn - it’s always salty and perfect. I’m actually excited to have the stroller so we can buy a popcorn bucket and get multiple refills! :laughing:

Other snacks or foods I look forward to trying include the breakfast totchos from Woody’s Lunch Box and the pulled pork nachos from Capt. Cook’s at the Polynesian. I’ve not had either but am excited I’ll have the opportunity to try both of them! I’d also love to try a float from Sunshine Tree Terrace - I’m not a fan of the regular Dole Whip Float from Aloha Aisle, but the I Lava You Float that @jrmint427 mentions above sounds VERY good. :goodvibes
HAHA I love the tidbit about Stacey!! I was the same way with the Hoop Dee Doo; I saw it on a WDW Travel Channel special once when I was younger and I WOULD NOT stop bugging my parents to go there/stay at the Wilderness Lodge haha! Spoiler alert- I didn't get to see HDDR until 2019, and I didn't stay at WL until 2023!!!

Jake is also a cinnamon roll fanatic but ONLY the ones from Cinnabon- he's very picky!! I hope he likes the one at Gaston's!

So, I've tried the Carrot Cake Cookie before, but I didn't like the cream cheese frosting. WELL- Karamel Kuche has just come out with a Carrot Cake Cookie sandwich almost identical to the one at DHS, but with caramel buttercream instead!! So I'm DEFINITELY trying that one now! I don't always prefer popcorn, but I always have it at WDW. The Spring Popcorn Mix from Main Street Confectionary sounds delicious!

I've tried both the Totchos and the Pulled Pork Nachos! The Totchos were just ok (but I'm not a huge tots-lover so that's probably why), but I LOVE the Pulled Pork Nachos from Captain Cooks!! I've gotten those a couple times for a lunch/dinner and they always hit the spot!

Look at the horizon. My dad told me this after I got back from the last cruise (the one I found out that I get sea sick now). He was in the Navy. I learned this on the trip myself but I don't think I put 2 and 2 together. We did an excursion where you went to the bottom of the boat and watched the fish. I lasted all of 2 minutes before I running to the top of the boat and stayed their for the whole excursion. If I looked at the land or the other boat close by I felt really sick but if I looked at the horizon I was fine.

We are getting a veranda for the first time this trip and I am hoping it helps.

I got the for the first time on my trip last year. It was so good. I don't like the cream creese frosting either so it was nice to find one without it. I didn't get extra frosting. I didn't know that was a thing but it was enough that I didn't think it needed more.

I only eat vanilla cake/cupcakes as well and really only with vanilla frosting. My family thinks I am so boring.
Tips noted for our future cruise vacation!!

Hahah it sounds like we have very similar tastes in dessert :thumbsup2 For me, there's never too much frosting :rotfl:
OMG yes this. I wish it wasn't such a process to get some of that. If you like iced coffee the peanut butter cold brew is heaven. If you don't want the coffee and have access to a car, I've heard the Gideon's downtown location is not busy. I know not the same, but you don't have to rope drop to avoid waiting a long time!

I loooove these!!

I really wanted to try these when we were there in March but the line was ridiculous. Go early. My son and his gf tried the marshmallow and said it was really good.
Gideon's peanut butter cold brew is on my must-do drinks list (coming soon)! That TOTALLY sounds right up my alley!

Oooo good call on the Dole Whip Flight. All these DS snacks are so popular!!!
We'll be there for opening day of Summerfest this year--cannot wait!! and I'm sure back again at some point after that. Hopefully we can bump into each other while we're there! :)

I LOVE all of your must eat options!! SO many good ones, and now I am soooo hungry, LOL! We had sort of written off the ABC Commissary after a couple of not so stellar meals there, but Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese could tempt be to go back!!
YES I would love a DISmeet!! There isn't anyone we're dying to see at Summerfest (maybe Goo Goo Dolls?), but I'm sure we'll just grab tickets to bop around/try the food at least one night :)

I've never eaten at ABC Commissary before and have read some mixed reviews! TBH, QS at DHS has always been a struggle for that park!
My 3.5 year old just informed me this weekend we are going to get pop corn and a mickey bar and sit on a bench and eat it in Disney World. So add those two items to my list of "must haves" (including the bench apparently) lol. My go to is the Tokyo Sunset beverage in Japan. I dream of it and buy it in 3s (please don't judge I swear I'm not an alcoholic). I also REALLY love getting root beer float and watching a show at DHS, and for Fantasmic a good old fashioned Bud Light Draft and Cotton Candy.

Sounds like your daughter has the right idea :thumbsup2Nothing better than people-watching with a snack at WDW!

OMG, I looked up that Tokyo Sunset drink and it sounds AMAZING! No judgment at all ::yes:: Definitely adding it to my list! I also almost always get one cotton candy per trip at Disney World, it's a super nostalgic snack!!

Molly’s Must-Do Disney (Attractions)!

Now, I’ve talked about our attraction “must-do’s” when the kids are with us in the parks. However, I thought I’d quickly share some of Jake and I’s must-do’s! We’ll be able to have some solo time at all 4 parks during the 4 nights that Jake is at WDW, so I’m really confident that we’ll be able to get some of the more thrilling rides done before it becomes dark-ride-and-character-meet-palooza ::yes::

Tower of Terror

Jake loooooves the stomach-drop feeling, so this ride is always a must for him. One of his favorite rides at our local amusement park (Six Flags Great America) is this behemoth that’s literally called “The Giant Drop” :scared1:

I’ll (reluctantly) ride it with him, because I’m such a good wife ;) ToT feels like a kiddie ride next to this beast!

We need to ride ToT and compare it to Mission:Breakout at DCA! In my opinion, I think Disneyland’s version is slightlyyyy superior, but I need to make sure I’m not just biased from my recent visit. That’s really saying something, because I LOVE The Twilight Zone!

Dinosaur

We need to get at least a couple rides in, since this is closing soon!! I’m very sad about this- Dinosaur has always been a favorite in our family. That being said, I also loved Indiana Jones over at DLR and I think that will be a fun replacement.

Rise of the Resistance

Jake isn’t even a huge Star Wars fan (I think that watching Lost has officially solidified his disdain for JJ Abrams :laughing:), but really enjoyed this ride at DLR. We’ll try to rope-drop this on our DHS/Epcot day!

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind (maybe?)

You’ve heard me talk enough about this ride :rotfl:. At this point in time, I’m like 90% sure that I’m going to at least try this ride. :thumbsup2 Jake never struggles with any motion sickness and is really excited to try this out! He also mentioned that it would be great if I rode, because it’s very rare that we both get to experience something new together that’s Disney-related (since I’ve pretty much seen and done it all, haha)!

Expedition Everest

We’re both coaster fans, so this ride will definitely be accomplished. I was more than happy to just visit Animal Kingdom 1x this trip (with the kids), but Jake insisted that we visit together too. He loves the chill vibes of this park!

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway

This was a surprise hit for Jake back when we first visited WDW back in 2021; I don’t think he was expecting much, and he was totally enamored with this ride! It was a must-ride when we went to Disneyland in 2023, and it’s a must-ride for this trip as well! I was pretty sad when they closed The Great Movie Ride (it was very nostalgic to me), but MMRR is really growing on me too :goodvibes

Tron:Lightcycle Run

I LOVED this ride when I tried it back in July. It’s so smooth and fast, and the cars remind me of Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure at Universal Studios! I know that it will be a favorite for Jake too, since he loves the Tron theming on Test Track. It makes me feel better that people are comparing Cosmic Rewind to Tron, since I do not experience ANY disorientation on this ride.

Na'vi River Journey

We rode Flight of Passage during our last trip, but Jake has never done this Pandora ride before. I’ve only done it once, way back in 2018, so I’m curious to ride it again. This may be our only Pandora ride this year; I’m ok with skipping Flight of Passage this trip if the line is long. I usually have to close my eyes for about ⅓ of it anyway!

Soarin’ Around the World

I wish that Soarin’ Over California was still playing at WDW, but I love Soarin’ Around the World ALMOST as much ;) This is always a must-do for us and, thankfully, I’ve never had any motion-sickness issues with it!

Rock N Roller Coaster (if it’s open!)

I’m not too hopeful, but we’re really hoping that this ride is open in May! Every time this ride goes down for an extended refurbishment, there are always rumors about whether or not they are going to re-theme this. Personally, I love the Aerosmith theme; whenever I hear Aerosmith on the radio, I ALWAYS think of Disney World! But, Jake could take it or leave it. One of the fan ideas involves changing this to a “Powerline” themed coaster (from A Goofy Movie).

Jake and I watched this movie for the first time in a loooong time last year before our Disneyland trip, and although we weren’t huge fans of the movie, we LOVED the music. So much, that in Jake’s “Spotify Wrapped” for the year 2023, the songs “Stand Out” and “I2I” (by Tevin Campbell or “Powerline” in the movie), were both in his Top 5 Most Played list :laughing:

Test Track

Like I mentioned before, Jake really likes the futuristic-Tron update on this ride and said that he always thought the original Test Track was “lame” as a kid (I know, unpopular opinion :eek:). Needless to say, he is NOT happy with the news that they are changing it back, haha!

Slinky Dog Dash

This is such a fun and smooth coaster; I just wish it didn’t have such a long line out in the hot sun!! If we don’t get on this ride, it won’t be the end of the world. Jake and I are planning on getting Genie+ on our DHS/Epcot park day, so I’m going to try and snag a LL for this ride as early as possible!

So, needless to say, Jake and I’s individual park time will be filled with lots of coasters and more thrilling rides! It will definitely balance out the more laid-back second portion of my trip. Are you more of a thrill ride or dark ride person?

Last edited:
I'm a weirdo and prefer plain Dole Whip to the floats (I do really like the Dole Whip Swirl with orange soda)! And....I tried the pop tarts at Woody's Lunch Box and hated them :eek:
Whaaaat?!? I can understand the preference for plain Dole Whip (hard to go wrong there) but you don't like the pop-tarts? I actually really like that they're extra doughy, I don't need a ton of filling, that might be why I love them so much.
We need to get at least a couple rides in, since this is closing soon!! I’m very sad about this- Dinosaur has always been a favorite in our family. That being said, I also loved Indiana Jones over at DLR and I think that will be a fun replacement.
I could do without Dinosaur, so I'm not too sad they're replacing it! I ride it only when everyone else really wants to. It's jerky and the dinos are kind of scary!
Are you more of a thrill ride or dark ride person?
Thrill rides! But I love a trip with a balance of both.

Thrill rides are my fav, so I'm definitely in agreement on all of your choices!! Rock'n Rollercoaster was always my favorite coaster.....until I visited Universal Orlando for the first time LOL But it will still be my favorite DISNEY coaster in any case!! In fact, my cell phone is currently still residing somewhere underneath where you exit the limo because it fell out there in 2016, and I never got it back!! So a part of me will always be there! Ha!

This was a surprise hit for Jake back when we first visited WDW back in 2021; I don’t think he was expecting much, and he was totally enamored with this ride! It was a must-ride when we went to Disneyland in 2023, and it’s a must-ride for this trip as well! I was pretty sad when they closed The Great Movie Ride (it was very nostalgic to me), but MMRR is really growing on me too :goodvibes
This is one of my faves too. Especially the waltz scene. I wish it wasn't always so crazy busy because I'd love to ride it a few times in a row to really get to absorb all the detail.

For me, there's never too much frosting :rotfl:
When I was younger I would eat frosting out of the container the more frosting the better. The older I got the more sugary it seemed to be and I couldn't do it anymore. I was the one that would get the corner piece of cake with all the flowers.

Molly!
I don't know how I have missed several pages (well, I guess I was out of town!) but I am finally getting caught up. The first thing I wanted to comment on was Guardians. I LOVED it so much that I didn't even realize it made people sick until after I got home and read about that on the boards. To be fair, I had avoided all posts about it because I wanted to be genuinely surprised on the ride. None of our family got queasy!

I do get sick on simulators (no Star Tours and we will NEVER do Mission Space Orange again, that was torture) but Guardians did not bother me at all. Jason gets sick (ha, as seen in our trip report! In the past he has worn an RX patch and I do NOT suggest that.) I do suggest Bonine and that you do it first thing before you get food or drinks in your stomach). Also before you can get too much anxiety. In my older age, I have let fear and anxiety stop me from trying rides (the Velocicoaster was so great but now when I think about it I get scared, and I don't know if I can ever do it again!) so I am not one to judge anyone for hesitating to ride. But I really hope you are able to give it a try. It is my all-time favorite ride now.

As for snacks, my best friend SWEARS by the Tres Leche cake. So you must try it and report back!

Ok, I have to leave for the day but I will be back to comment more tomorrow!

PS - Glad you found me on IG! 😉

I made it!! You posted sooo much while I was gone!!!

Trowel and Trellis- Soy Glazed Sticky Ribs
We tried these, and it could have been the ones we got, but these were just ok. We weren't impressed.

Plant-Based Chicken Biscuits with Gravy
Morgan LOVED this!!

Key Lime Wine Slush
We talked about this already, I really liked this, it was too small, though. I wanted more.

what are the foods and drinks that are tickling your fancy??
If you like shrimp, the orange shrimp was really good. The cheese croscant in France was probably my favorite! It was basically a boursin cheese middle. So good!

“I don’t know if I want to do Disneyland in October anymore.”
What?! Are you still married? .... I kid....
Well, now it has been changed AGAIN to 10:00 PM…

raven-symone.gif

Jake was already nervous about flying Spirit due to their less-than-stellar reputation
It amazes me how airline conduct business sometimes. I get things change but really? Fingers Crossed it all works out!

but we were upgraded upon arrival to a Pirate Room. We were placed in the Trinidad South section, which seemed so far away from Centertown/Old Port Royale.
Being "upgraded" to a Pirate room is such a LIE!!! At the time they were the worst location, which is why they had to theme them! I mean, I guess it was brillant marketing but really?

but we felt like we didn’t get good use out of them because the mug stations were so far away from our room.
I will say when we stayed at Caribean Beach, we did NOT do refillable mugs. And we barely went into the main area.

I found out that this means that our room will either be in Trinidad, Aruba, or Jamaica.
So, we booked this exact room when we were there last summer. I looked up our room from that trip. We were Room 4210 1st Floor Jamaica Building 4200. It was perfect!!! We were super close to the bus stop and the skyliner. We would take the skyliner to Riveria for lunch. And the bus stop on that side would start a pick up at Jamaica and go to Aruba and that was it. (that of course could change) We were also near a quiet pool.

I think you can't loose with eitehr Jamica or Aruba. Jamaica you will be close to the Skyiiner and Aruba you will be close to Aruba and that skyliner.

Also, it looks like CBR does not have any elevators, so we’ll have to request first-floor rooms as well for stroller convenience. CBR- what the heck is up with that?? Not cool.
I know! We stayed here with my mom, and she needed to be a little away from us because she needed to be on the first floor.

Do you think we’ll have luck with getting our CBR room requests granted? Ideally, we would like all 3 rooms to at least be in the same “village.” Those who have stayed in Aruba or Jamaica- what location is better or more convenient to Centertown/OPR, the pool, and the Skyliner??
If you can, maybe try and check in, in person? I feel like like can really help with getting what you want / need.

I guess it really would depend on what your days while you are there will look like? If you are going to the parks alot, I would say try to be near the skyliner. If you have pool days, closer to the centertown.

IMO I would request Aruba but maybe someone who has stayed in Jamaica can offer a different perspective.
I do think you will be happy with either, Aruba or Jamaica. I know alot of people like being near Riviera, but I perfere getting on the skyliner at the hub and not riviera, you can wait a bit in the morning for an open skyliner car.

I wanted to order this, but I didn't have time before our trip! I still love the shirt.

hen Jake and I went to Disneyland last year, I fell in LOVE with the Raspberry Rose Macaron from Jolly Holiday. It was probably my favorite snack I tried all trip! I’m hoping that this one compares. I normally don’t prefer macarons, but Disney macarons are an enigma- they’re always so soft and chewy!

Whaaaat?!? I can understand the preference for plain Dole Whip (hard to go wrong there) but you don't like the pop-tarts? I actually really like that they're extra doughy, I don't need a ton of filling, that might be why I love them so much.

I could do without Dinosaur, so I'm not too sad they're replacing it! I ride it only when everyone else really wants to. It's jerky and the dinos are kind of scary!

Thrill rides! But I love a trip with a balance of both.
Haha so I'm a huge fan of Pop-Tarts, but only the Kellog's brand I guess :rotfl:Maybe I just can't deviate from my childhood favorite??

I like a balance between thrill and dark rides too! Places like Six Flags and Universal overwhelm me when it's just coasters/intense rides one after the other!
Thrill rides are my fav, so I'm definitely in agreement on all of your choices!! Rock'n Rollercoaster was always my favorite coaster.....until I visited Universal Orlando for the first time LOL But it will still be my favorite DISNEY coaster in any case!! In fact, my cell phone is currently still residing somewhere underneath where you exit the limo because it fell out there in 2016, and I never got it back!! So a part of me will always be there! Ha!
Ohhhhh noooo!! I hope that didn't put too much of a damper on your vacation! The same thing happened with my friend Gabi's phone on The Dark Knight at Six Flags Great America!! Every time we pass it, she talks about how her phone is chilling at the bottom of that ride :laughing:

What's your favorite Universal Coaster! I looooove Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure and The Mummy but haven't been there when Velocicoaster has been open!
This is one of my faves too. Especially the waltz scene. I wish it wasn't always so crazy busy because I'd love to ride it a few times in a row to really get to absorb all the detail.
Definitely such a detailed, immersive ride!! The waltz scene is my favorite too; I went in blind the first time I rode MMRR and I was so enamored with that part :goodvibes
When I was younger I would eat frosting out of the container the more frosting the better. The older I got the more sugary it seemed to be and I couldn't do it anymore. I was the one that would get the corner piece of cake with all the flowers.
I definitely still eat frosting (and peanut butter, and Nutella, and cookie butter...) out of the container sometimes (but only when I'm PMSing or have had a rough day :laughing:)

HAHA, I know exactly what cake piece you're talking about :rotfl:That's my piece too!
Molly!
I don't know how I have missed several pages (well, I guess I was out of town!) but I am finally getting caught up. The first thing I wanted to comment on was Guardians. I LOVED it so much that I didn't even realize it made people sick until after I got home and read about that on the boards. To be fair, I had avoided all posts about it because I wanted to be genuinely surprised on the ride. None of our family got queasy!

I do get sick on simulators (no Star Tours and we will NEVER do Mission Space Orange again, that was torture) but Guardians did not bother me at all. Jason gets sick (ha, as seen in our trip report! In the past he has worn an RX patch and I do NOT suggest that.) I do suggest Bonine and that you do it first thing before you get food or drinks in your stomach). Also before you can get too much anxiety. In my older age, I have let fear and anxiety stop me from trying rides (the Velocicoaster was so great but now when I think about it I get scared, and I don't know if I can ever do it again!) so I am not one to judge anyone for hesitating to ride. But I really hope you are able to give it a try. It is my all-time favorite ride now.

As for snacks, my best friend SWEARS by the Tres Leche cake. So you must try it and report back!

Ok, I have to leave for the day but I will be back to comment more tomorrow!

PS - Glad you found me on IG! 😉
I hope you had a great and relaxing vacation!! I've been so enjoying reading your TR and following along on Instagram :goodvibes Jake and I are *pretty* sure that we will end up doing Disneyland in October, so I'm getting all of the tips and details from your report!!

I'm so glad that none of you felt queasy! I'm feeling really confident that I'll be able to try it out :) Oh, it is 100% anxiety for me; I have gotten motion-sickness anxiety since I was a child (my dad struggled with it, so I was paranoid that I would too), so when it manifested into real motion sickness with Harry Potter's Forbidden Journey, my anxiety ramped up tenfold!! I'm determined to not let anxiety win!!

Jake has been wanting to try Tres Leches cake (he's never had it before), so that is definitely on our list! I heard that it is a dessert at Three Bridges as well (and we will definitely eat there at some point during our stay at CSR), so we might have to get both options and compare!
I made it!! You posted sooo much while I was gone!!!

We tried these, and it could have been the ones we got, but these were just ok. We weren't impressed.

Morgan LOVED this!!

We talked about this already, I really liked this, it was too small, though. I wanted more.

If you like shrimp, the orange shrimp was really good. The cheese croscant in France was probably my favorite! It was basically a boursin cheese middle. So good!

What?! Are you still married? .... I kid....

It amazes me how airline conduct business sometimes. I get things change but really? Fingers Crossed it all works out!

Being "upgraded" to a Pirate room is such a LIE!!! At the time they were the worst location, which is why they had to theme them! I mean, I guess it was brillant marketing but really?

I will say when we stayed at Caribean Beach, we did NOT do refillable mugs. And we barely went into the main area.

So, we booked this exact room when we were there last summer. I looked up our room from that trip. We were Room 4210 1st Floor Jamaica Building 4200. It was perfect!!! We were super close to the bus stop and the skyliner. We would take the skyliner to Riveria for lunch. And the bus stop on that side would start a pick up at Jamaica and go to Aruba and that was it. (that of course could change) We were also near a quiet pool.

I think you can't loose with eitehr Jamica or Aruba. Jamaica you will be close to the Skyiiner and Aruba you will be close to Aruba and that skyliner.

I know! We stayed here with my mom, and she needed to be a little away from us because she needed to be on the first floor.

If you can, maybe try and check in, in person? I feel like like can really help with getting what you want / need.

I guess it really would depend on what your days while you are there will look like? If you are going to the parks alot, I would say try to be near the skyliner. If you have pool days, closer to the centertown.

I do think you will be happy with either, Aruba or Jamaica. I know alot of people like being near Riviera, but I perfere getting on the skyliner at the hub and not riviera, you can wait a bit in the morning for an open skyliner car.

I wanted to order this, but I didn't have time before our trip! I still love the shirt.
Hi Ariella!! It sounds like you had a wonderful and relaxing vacation :) I'm so excited to read all about it!! I've been a posting machine... writing my Aulani TR has really gotten me back into the groove and re-ignited my passion for TR writing!

The Biscuits and Gravy are definitely on our must-try list! I love shrimp but don't like too much tempura/fried batter on food, so that will be a "if my stomach is doing well" treat :laughing:

Hahahaha, we are still married :rotfl:But I'm not going to lie, Jake's comment made me SAD and I definitely did pout a bit!!! ::yes:: Luckily, we've exhausted MANY of our options, and I think we will end up going to Disneyland in October after all. But, a cruise is definitely still on the table (and probably will happen) in spring/summer 2025!!!

Thank you so much for all of the info on CBR- you guys have stayed there quite a few times!! I'm excited to check it out; Centertown and Banana Cabana especially look so fun with their tropical vibes. I will be sure to request Aruba or Jamaica; it sounds like those two are definitely our best bet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter