Our Grandest Trip Ever... Literally! - August 2019 PTR *TR LINK POSTED 8/25*

Welcome out of hiding!! Hope you're enjoying your Easter and long weekend!!!

I really don't think there is any turning back now-- you were the one who #inspired me to do spreads this year because yours always come out so nice!!

It was a much needed break! A nice way to recharge before...finals.
200w.webp

Aww well thanks :upsidedow I am such a visual person that it just makes sense! Although trying to make a spreadsheet for DLP (which I know next to nothing about) is proving to be more challenging...

Omg I can't live without my Disney spreadsheets!! I feel like now that you've started using them you won't go back haha its also easier (for me at least) to kind of juggle things around and puzzle together the perfect trip!

I agree that hard events make it almost easier to plan a trip since you know exactly what you need to do those days!

I'm still on the no-cali-grill-brunch struggle bus as well. Its killing me!!! I'm hoping I'll be able to get one at least more than 30 days out so I can add the meal plan to our stay. Fingers crossed for the both of us!

tumblr_mak1ovaBC11row0u3o1_500.gif

It was a much needed break! A nice way to recharge before...finals.
200w.webp

Aww well thanks :upsidedow I am such a visual person that it just makes sense! Although trying to make a spreadsheet for DLP (which I know next to nothing about) is proving to be more challenging...

I feel that :tilt: I picked my last schedule of my college career today, which is only slightly terrifying :scared: Good luck on your finals this semester!! You're going to be a junior come this fall, right? I feel like I was JUST reading your HS Graduation TR!

Omg I can't live without my Disney spreadsheets!! I feel like now that you've started using them you won't go back haha its also easier (for me at least) to kind of juggle things around and puzzle together the perfect trip!

I agree that hard events make it almost easier to plan a trip since you know exactly what you need to do those days!

I'm still on the no-cali-grill-brunch struggle bus as well. Its killing me!!! I'm hoping I'll be able to get one at least more than 30 days out so I can add the meal plan to our stay. Fingers crossed for the both of us!

I have to say-- I really dig the spreadsheet life currently. I doubt I'll go back, I'm having way too much fun playing with colors and cell borders! :love: Everything is so much easier!

I'm glad you agree! Like, we know that we have to be at Magic Kingdom that night, and we won't be using FP+ or ADRs for the party, so that eliminates that problem... now to figure out the remaining 5/6 days :rotfl:

Girl, SAME. I'm sure things are going to open up soon. I can feel it. I have my dining alert contact on a different text ringtone, so if I hear a small train going "choo choo" on my phone, I know I need to hop aboard the ADR train!! Fingers crossed for us!!!

I feel that :tilt: I picked my last schedule of my college career today, which is only slightly terrifying :scared: Good luck on your finals this semester!! You're going to be a junior come this fall, right? I feel like I was JUST reading your HS Graduation TR!

Oh my gosh that's so exciting! Yes, I'm going to be a junior, which does not feel real at all!! I feel like I was just WRITING that TR, and now I'm talking to my mom about a college graduation trip! :rotfl:

We're Starting to Shop!
The semester isn't out yet, but I decided to come home this weekend after work. I wanted to drop some stuff off before the big move out next week. Mom and I decided to hit the mall yesterday to buy some jeans, and I ended up picking up a few things for our trip!

Buying a bathing suit is always my least favorite part of preparing for a summer vacation (I almost didn't bring one to WDW this past November), but I found one I really liked at Torrid yesterday! Here's a photo from the website:

torridmermaidsuit.png
Mom was the one who pulled this off the rack, and I didn't want to try it on at first. Back in high school, I was super obsessive about The Little Mermaid/mermaid print, so I tend to stay away from it now that I'm no longer in that phase. I took it into the dressing room and tried it on when I didn't like the way my first choice suit looked on me. I ended up loving the way it looked on me! I'm still not crazy for the print, but I absolutely adore this pink and the retro vibe of this style! The last time I went swim suit shopping, I tried on literally 9 different suits between two different stores, so I also appreciated how easy it was this time around :cloud9:

While we were there, we also bought a Cover Up for the suit and an outfit for TSL-- it's a graphic t-shirt of the Toys and some mint green shorts that I'm not sure I'm crazy about yet.

Also-- has anyone else here heard the new Magicband news? Apparently, starting May 15, resort guests and Annual Passholders will have the option of upgrading their MB from a solid color to a design for just $10! That's about $15 less than most MBs with a design retail for. We're all really interested! Between the five trips we've done since 2014, we've had enough of plain MBs. I def want to see all the designs first. Ideally, I'd like a solid Millennial Pink band (I'd pay the $10 upcharge for it!), but it looks like they might have the snack design band that has the MP background-- which I'd also get!

So this was obviously a short little update, but I figured it might be fun to write! I have really bad post-TR depression from finishing up the Nov 2018 TR, so I wanted to post something here :sad: The semester ends next week. I still have so much coursework to do, and I don't even want to THINK about packing up my dorm :scared:

That suit is so cute! I know you say you hate the design but I think you actually love it and I love it so by default you love it and we stan. And that millennial pink magicband would go so good with it. DISboards style icon right here, truly.

I love the suit!!

I'm excited about the magic band news, it'll be nice to have the option to get a design one for cheaper than retail!!

Love the swim suit! Its always fun when you can start shopping for fun pieces to wear!

I am super excited about the MB news! I'm kind of surprised by it since I feel like they always say too many MBs on an account can slow them down and usually want people to pass on new ones but I suppose Disneys happy any which way they can get a buck from us! I haven't heard a date so thats exciting that its May 15th! I need to check when DH and I's MB deadline is for our June trip now! haha

Update: May 15th is the deadline for our GF stay, I'll have to see if I can get them in!

That bathing suit is super cute!

I am so excited about the Magicband news! We have so many of the solid colors that we never use since we've bought other ones over the years.

That suit is so cute! I know you say you hate the design but I think you actually love it and I love it so by default you love it and we stan. And that millennial pink magicband would go so good with it. DISboards style icon right here, truly.

I mean, I do LOVE the way the gold is printed onto the millennial pink, so maybe you're right and I do love the print? TLDR, the suit is cute. Thank you for your words of affirmation. We have decided to STAN.

Hhhhhhhngh every day I look at myself in the mirror and say, "I am not, under any circumstances, going to spend money on the Millennial Pink magicband." But you just made YET ANOTHER case for it. If there aren't any designs I'm head-over-heels about when they release the upgraded designs, I will probably buy it.

I love the suit!!

I'm excited about the magic band news, it'll be nice to have the option to get a design one for cheaper than retail!!

Thank you!!!

I so agree! There are only so many solid-colored bands a girl needs... I can't wait to see which designs we'll be able to get at a discount!!

OHHH mygoodness SO. CUTE. I have serious swimsuit envy rn.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! Sounds like you need to treat yourself to a swimsuit too!!!!!!!!

Love the swim suit! Its always fun when you can start shopping for fun pieces to wear!

I am super excited about the MB news! I'm kind of surprised by it since I feel like they always say too many MBs on an account can slow them down and usually want people to pass on new ones but I suppose Disneys happy any which way they can get a buck from us! I haven't heard a date so thats exciting that its May 15th! I need to check when DH and I's MB deadline is for our June trip now! haha

Update: May 15th is the deadline for our GF stay, I'll have to see if I can get them in!

Thank you!!! You're right, buying new clothes for the trip is always the most fun!!!

Now that you mention it, I'm kind of surprised too! You're so right-- Disney seems to always put a point on reusing MBs, especially since you can "decline" a free band for your trips. Hmm.

May 15th seems to be the consensus across the boards, but a lot of people have shown support about it-- I wouldn't be surprised if they moved the date up for us! Fingers crossed for you!!!

That bathing suit is super cute!

I am so excited about the Magicband news! We have so many of the solid colors that we never use since we've bought other ones over the years.

Thank you so much!!

It's so exciting!! We definitely have waaaay too many solid colors... can't wait to see what designs we'll be able to buy at the discounted rate!!

Cute suit! Ugh bathing suit shopping is never fun! Happy you found something you like!

I am really excited about this magic band stuff! Totally an easy up-sell for people like yes take my money!

Love the bathing suit, the color is awesome!

And I'm so excited about the new MB options!

Thank you so much!! I love the color, too!!

Isn't it so exciting?!? I can't wait to see what designs are included-- four days to go!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Cute suit! Ugh bathing suit shopping is never fun! Happy you found something you like!

I am really excited about this magic band stuff! Totally an easy up-sell for people like yes take my money!

Thank you so much! You're right, suit shopping is always such a pain! I feel like the most flattering ones are always so much more expensive than the awkwardly patterned/cut ones! :headache:

It's so, so, so exciting!!! SUCH an easy up-sell, Disney really hit the nail on the head with this one!!

The Double Digit Dance!
We're here, ya'll! Today is our Double Digit Dance Day!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

(These are MY personal favorite dancing gifs, but feel free to drop your own in reply to this post!)

99 days from today, we'll be checking in to Disney's Grand Floridian Resort! We could NOT be more excited! :hyper: I've always loved Double Digit day. Technically, someone could be in triple digits for YEARS, then, BAM! Suddenly, there are less than 100 days in between you and your happy place.

Because we had a trip actually occur since we booked this trip, a good ~50 days or so were spent decidedly not thinking about this trip, so the wait hasn't been too bad so far. But when I'm finally out of school on Friday? Or those three weeks between the day camp ends and the day we get to Disney? Woof, that's going to be rough.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day, so my family will be coming into the city to a) pick up some of my stuff, and b) have brunch at my favorite restaurant in the neighborhood! On Friday evening, I'll finally get to go home for the semester. I'm not going to lie, this is going to be a pretty bittersweet week for me. As some of you know, without the DCP, I would have been walking across the graduation stage with my best friends in a few weeks. However, I still have a semester left, and this week, I have to say goodbye to the friends I've had since I came here-- that includes Austin, my roommate and best friend since freshman year who lives in Arizona.

I do have finals and I work my last shift of the school year in 30 minutes, so this post was another quick one! I'll talk to you guys later!

HOORAYY for double digits!

200.webp

Awww I'm sorry you won't get to graduate with your friends, but congrats on finishing another semester & only having one left!! :D

Yay double digits!!

Ah I'm sorry you won't be graduating with your friends :( I'm sure it will be tough to say goodbye!

WOOO!! We LOVE double digits!!

I appreciate you :hug: It's going to be a little tough, but I have so many great memories to look back on and I know our paths will cross again someday!

HOORAYY for double digits!

200.webp

Awww I'm sorry you won't get to graduate with your friends, but congrats on finishing another semester & only having one left!! :D

HOORAY!! SO EXCITING!! :cool1:

I appreciate you saying that :hug: It's definitely a little tough saying goodbye, but everything works out for a reason and I only have a semester left of undergrad! Woooo!

That's so exciting!! That's such a great way to look at it too because 99 days never seems so bad!! I always find the problem with summer trips or late summer trips is that I don't want to wish my whole summer away even though thats usually what I end up doing! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!