Our Magical "Memories" Vow Renewal 5/24/16 : VOW RENEWAL DAY TRIP REPORT (with pics-more to come)

Stacirella

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone!

I thought it was time for me to begin a planning journal for our upcoming vow renewal...so here it is! We are doing a Memories package with lots of add-ons to help add some extra "bling"! :)

Vow Renewal Details

VR Locations: Port Orleans Riverside/Luau Beach/Mizner's/Citricos/ Bonsai Terrace/Test Track/Spaceship Earth/Atlantic Dance Hall

Date: 5/24/2016

Number of Guests:
4 (1 will act as our officiant)

Photographer: Randy Chapman

Video: Stan of STVS

First Look Photos: Port Orleans Riverside

Ceremony: Luau Beach @ 3:00

Photo Locations: Port Orleand Riverside, Poly, GF, (hoping for some at WP), Boardwalk,

Cocktail Hour: Mizners Lounge

Reception: Chef's Domain at Citricos

Dessert Party: Illuminations at Bonsai Terrace

Ride Mix In: Test Track, Spaceship Earth

Other Fun: Dancing at ADH or Jellyrolls after DP

Floral: Disney (included with package)

Cake: Disney (2 tiered wedding cake at DP)

Dress: David's Bridal

More Vow Renewal Fun

Other Locations: Cali Grill/HDD/ BOG & Characters in Flight/Boma/MK & Boardwalk

Couples Photo Shoot: Magic Kingdom

Welcome Dinner: A "welcome ride" on Charaters in Flight then dinner at Hoop dee Doo with cocktails at California Grill to follow and watching Wishes/ water pageant

Extra Magic Fun: "Welcome to MK Dole Whips", Dinner at Be Our Guest, Wishes

Farewell Breakfast: Boma (so we can add in a little touch of the Animal Kingdom)

Guest Resort: Port Orleans Riverside- Royal Guest Rooms

Other Disneymoon Details

Our Resort: Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Guest Rooms

Extra Romance & Entertainment: Carriage Ride in POR

Itinerary Breakdown

Sunday May 22nd: We are arriving with our guests at about 10:30 am. The plan is to check in to the resort, then grab lunch (TBD). The we are going to head to Disney Spings where we are surprising our guests with a ride on Characters in Flight (upon which we will give them "Grape Soda" badges from UP. That evening we are hosting a "Welcome Dinner" at the Hoop Dee Doo, followed by Lemon-Drops at California Grill (it's our thing to do whenever we go there so we want to share it with our guests). We also might possibly watch Wishes from there or maybe catch the Water Pageant.

Monday May 23rd: We are meeting with our photographer (Randy Chapman) to do a couples photo shoot at various locations. Later in the afternoon we are meeting up with our guests in the Magic Kingdom and just playing in the park with them. We are also treating them to dinner at Be Our Guest. We will all watch Wishes on Main Street and then head back to the resort to relax at River Roost Lounge and by the pool.

Tuesday May 24th: MEMORIES VOW RENEWAL DAY! Here is how we are hoping our day will flow:

10:00- relaxing breakfast (just the 2 of us) at our resort
12:00- hair and make-up
2:00- First Look Photos
2:30- Limo to Poly
3:00-3:20- Ceremony Luau Beach
3:20-3:45- Photos around Poly/GF
3:45-4:30 Guest Scavenger Hunt
4:30-5:30 Cocktail hour at Mizners (champagne toast, 1st dance)
5:30- Check in for dinner at Citricos
7:30- Leave GF for EPCOT
8:30-9:30- DP at Bonsai Terrace, ride mix in on Test Track then Spaceship Earth
10:00-12:00- fun on the Boardwalk (ADH, Jellyrolls, games etc)

Wednesday May 25th: "Farewell Breakfast" at Boma @ 8:30. After breakfast we will take a peek at the animals roaming the safari and then head to the Studios for the rest of the day. Our entire party has a 10:00pm flight.

A Little More About Us

HOW WE STARTED:
I met my husband Paul when we were cast as romantic opposites in a musical for a dinner theatre (we both work professionally in theatre). It was truly love at first sight- I swear time stopped as he walked through the door the first time I saw him. We shared our first kiss on stage and kissed 27 times over the course of the production. After the show closed we began dating, FINALLY shared our "real life" kiss and fell deeply in love.
engagement.jpg

THE ENGAGEMENT:
We were dating for about a year when Paul proposed. He had come over to my house and made me breakfast in bed. Then he started to sing to me, as he has many times...but he changed the words of the song (a musical theatre song) to include a proposal: "I want to be the first man you remember, I want to be the last man you forget. I want to be the one you always turn to so marry me- my love you won't regret". As he sang to me he reached behind my pillow and pulled out the ring (which I had unknowingly slept on all night). It was beautiful, romantic, heartfelt and uniquely "us".

weddingkiss.jpg

OUR WEDDING:
Once Paul proposed we couldn't wait to be married. We set our wedding date 13 weeks out (which brought us to the 4th of July). Our 13 week engagement was a whirlwind because of all the planning but it also seemed so long...we just couldn't wait to be married! Our budget was modest, but we pulled off our dream wedding successfully. We wanted an intimate wedding that would capture our love, so on July 4th 2006 we were married in the woods in in back of my in-laws house (they own 27 acres so it was on their property). The theme was "romantic Broadway". All the music, programs, table names, favors etc had a slight nod to the romance of Broadway (but nothing was kitschy). I wore my mothers 1958 Chantilly lace wedding gown and Paul (who is always in a tux when he sings at events) wanted something special for him to wear so he chose a pirate shirt and vest with tux pants. He looked like the prince of my dreams! The highlight of our ceremony was when we sang our wedding vows to each other (to The Next 10 Minutes from The Last 5 Years)!!! After, we had a tent reception in my inlaws backyard. The end of the evening concluded with our friends and family circled around us holding sparklers while we danced and then a fireworks finale lightly choreographed to music! It was a romantic and spectacular day that we will always cherish.

11391141_10153937853331038_5043855703562963524_n.jpg

WHY A DISNEY VOW RENEWAL:
It had ALWAYS been my dream to get married in Disney, but for me and Paul a Disney wedding wasn't really on the table for us when we got married for a few reasons:
1.) We just wanted to be married as quickly as possible- so planning a destination wedding would have been difficult
2.) Our budget was tight and we would not have been able to afford a Disney wedding and honeymoon!
3.) Paul had never been to Disney...ever! And since we wanted our wedding to reflect us a couple Disney just didn't fit in. However, I finally brought Paul to Disney around our 1 year anniversary (and many times since) and he is now just as obsessed with it as I am, proving once more that we are a perfect match!

XOXO

Last edited:
Hi Staci!! Followed you over here from the Disbrides FB group. I'm so excited to see you finally getting close to formally planning your day! Glad to be along for the ride :)

Thanks elphie101!! I'm excited to share all of my ideas and learn from everyone else on here! :)

The Cake

We really want a 2 tier style wedding cake to have at our Illuminations DP! I had fallen in love with so many that had "Happily Ever After" written on them, but were 3 tiers and just too large for our party. Then I came across this one, which I fell in love with!

Since I won't be able to try the flavors I have done some research on the more popular flavors and paired it with our personal tastes. We asked for chocolate with baileys filling and the smaller tier being lemon with raspberry filling (our wedding cake flavor)!

upload_2015-8-4_13-0-12.png

upload_2015-8-4_12-58-2.png

Last edited:

The Guest Scavenger Hunt

OK, so DH and I just came up with a pretty brilliant idea! Since we are hoping to have our ceremony at 3:00 and Mizners doesn't open until 4:30 we were torn as to what to do with our guests for over an hour while we take romantic photos. We thought about renting a pontoon boat for them, or water mice, or even sending them to the spa- but all of that costs a lot more money and still brings the energy down, and since we will be sitting down for cocktails and a large meal we wanted to keep their spirits up! So we have decided to organize a scavenger hunt for them immediately after the ceremony until it is time for the cocktail hour at Mizners! Here is what we are thinking, please let me know if you have any other suggestions:

RULES:
- our guests ( a group of 5 adults) must work together to solve clues. Once they have solved the clue is solved they must have a cast member or other guest take a photo of all of them with the answer in the photograph.
- for each clue that is correctly solved every one on the team will be awarded a prize, prize value increases with each clue solved (2nd clue is worth more than the first etc)
- smart phones/technology is not permitted in solving clues
- entire team MUST arrive at Mizners lounge by 4:30 sharp or all prizes are forfeited
-all clues are in the Magic Kingdom resort area (none in the park)

HUNT IDEAS (answers, not yet put into clue format):

- finding the 5 legged goat in Grand Canyon Concourse
- getting a picture as Fire Rock Geyser explodes (need to time this right)
- getting "laid" at Polynesian
- hidden Cinderella Carriage at Grand Floridian

PRIZES:
- Mickey Candy
- WDW Magnet
- WDW Keychain
- Trading Pin

We would LOVE any suggestions on other clues, wording for the clues or prizes...or any other ideas you may have!

Last edited:
Followed you from the Facebook group! :) I have a suggestion for your scavenger hunt, but it's just slightly risque (it involves something on property, it just looks like something else). Want it? :)

I love your suggestion for a scavenger hunt! I think it'll be great especially if your guests really know each other (or even if they don't!)

You might not have enough time for this, but I always loved the idea of a monorail bar crawl. It could be cool to have your guests document a drink at the Contemporary and the Poly before reuniting with you at the Grand, but I guess that all depends on your timing, and your guests!

Followed you from the Facebook group! :) I have a suggestion for your scavenger hunt, but it's just slightly risque (it involves something on property, it just looks like something else). Want it? :)

Thanks DisneyFirefly! We are open to all suggestions- cuz even if it doens't work for us it may help spark an idea that can work for us! Our only restriction is that it has to be in the Magic Kingdom Resort area. :)

I love your suggestion for a scavenger hunt! I think it'll be great especially if your guests really know each other (or even if they don't!)

You might not have enough time for this, but I always loved the idea of a monorail bar crawl. It could be cool to have your guests document a drink at the Contemporary and the Poly before reuniting with you at the Grand, but I guess that all depends on your timing, and your guests!

Thanks Elphie101! I think a monorail bar crawl is a great suggestion and sounds like a fun time, I just don't think it will work for this portion of our VR. So much of what we are doing with our guests involves food and drink- and since they will be (essentially) sitting down for a cocktail hour, a long meal and then the dessert party we thought it would be better to keep them moving and something a little exciting that they can recap us on during dinner! We also decided yesterday that (we think) our overall theme is going to be "Adventure" (more to come on this in a new post)! :)

Last edited:

The Theme

Ok, so after tossing around MANY ideas we have finally decided that our theme will be "Our Disney Adventure". We want the theme to tie all of our events together and have a sub-theme for each day and punch the themes with items such as favors, menus, food etc. Again, we would love any suggestions on sub-theme titles and other things we can use to strengthen the overall themes! Examples of our VERY rough ideas below:

Sunday May 22nd:
Activity
: Guest Check In/ Welcome Drinks at California Grill/ Welcome Dinner at Hoop dee Doo
Sub Theme Idea: Welcome to Adventure
Theme Items: Welcome Bags (Personalized Disney Adventure style bags, DIY VR Adventure Maps, Adventure Itinerary, snacks with adventure theme, canteens of water, DIY "Do Not Disturb" signs etc), "Staci and Paul's Disney Adventure" Pins (to be given out at Welcome Drinks), "Welcome to Adventure Wishing Cards" (to be used to make a wish at Cinderella's Wishing Well)
il_570xN.715368679_8qno.jpg

il_570xN.715368681_dhh9.jpg

il_570xN.715247072_lauk.jpg

4dffa1469b8234e57cee3679b76fcab8.jpg

f8c7604bb4912a3f89024fc534389c1a.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday May 23rd:
Activity
: Dinner at (hopefully) the new Adventureland Restaurant in MK/Characters in Flight
Sub Theme Idea: Spirit of Adventure
Theme Items: "My Adventure Books" (given out at dinner), Group Photo With Balloons on Main Street, Grape Soda Badges (given out at Characters in Flight)
3a99c714f6fc36b43e95ec9713bf1a6f.jpg

04f8d2f521872586c632f8ddf9555781.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday May 24th:
Activity
: VR Ceremony/Scavenger Hunt/Cocktail Hour/ Dinner at Citricos/Illuminations Dessert Party/
Sub Theme Idea: Fairytale Adventures
Theme Items: Since this day intertwines many Fairytales, each activity is assigned a Sub-Fairytale Adventure Princess. There are so many objects that I need to break it down by activity:

Ceremony

Sub Fairytale Theme:
Cinderella Adventure
Colors: Light Blue, Ivory and Gold
Theme Items: DIY Golden Carriage Adventure Program Fans, Personalized "So This is Love" & "Have Faith in Dreams" Parasols for Guests to Use, Song: A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes
809f717ad84b1b147fb204c7d1c001ed.jpg

17edef4c5ff0ecfe1ec4b9ee887a60b0.jpg

Guest Scavenger Hunt

Sub Fairytale Theme:
Pocohantas Adventure
Colors: Light Brown and Turquoise
Theme Items: DIY Grandmother Willow Clue Map, DIY "Spinning Arrow" Compass Tool, Turquoise Feather Pen, (Locations will be Pocohantas inspired)
223804b183d23152e770cef8907ebb9e.jpg

il_570xN.746902836_sm2o.jpg

Cocktail Hour & Dinner

Sub Fairytale Theme:
Beauty and the Beast Adventure
Colors: Red and Gold
Cocktail Theme Items:
Dinner Theme Items:
Enchanted Rose Centerpieces, Gold Candelabras, Scattered Rose Petals, DIY Enchanted Mirror Menus

0c00a8e53f8f57269b2f976612448015.jpg

5facf65cecd68eeaff58ca37d0fc754d.jpg

56ad5bdee2a7ccec94d28c1d11e8a9a6.jpg

af4394fb075370f9dfd98482a71c26e5.jpg

Dessert Party

Sub Fairytale Theme:
Tangled Adventure
Colors: Purple, Pink and Gold
Theme Items: Lantern Centerpieces,"Best Day Ever" Napkins, Assorted Purple & Pink Petals, Framed "Wanted" Poster of DH, DIY Kingdom Flag Toothpicks for Small Desserts, Cake will also have a slight Tangled Theme

3219a69a6d8e2ff5ba66a5f6d8187a56.jpg

be99c96f664d355b306542f5de0c4cc4.jpg

26903579c3a09a662050e2a815716935.jpg

f4ae3194a7a98b783e07eae53797bd8a.jpg

86f6038851111734327c93967eecbfa2.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday May 25th:

Activity:
Farewell Breakfast at Boma/ Savannah Animal Viewing
Sub Theme Idea: Safari Adventure
Theme Items: DIY Animal Print Mickey Ears, DIY "You'll Be In My Heart" Keychains (with personal message)
Animal-Print-Ears.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know your thoughts and if you have any suggestions! :)

Last edited:
Floral

Since the Memories Package is limited for floral it has made the decision making fairly easy. Here is what I think we are going with:

Bouquet

- White Rose & Lilly Bouquet. I am hoping they will let me add a "bling" wrap to the handle/stem and also some Crystal Mickeys in the flowers! And also white rose boutonniere for DH!

842d4ce87ff21e3961a428fe675e9dc1.jpg

8be29d5bc797d8b686c8b034e914cab6.jpg

Hair
I am also thinking of getting some flowers for my hair (which I am leaning towards styling in a side bun)...so far I am liking these!

f166559d4325f644c66fa27c19a155db.jpg

79140f95081573c8a7ba3a3be9f25758.jpg

60f507eb99391024580527452cf37606.jpg

100e900668fb974b1c8a837133eec359.jpg

Following along! I love everything so far, especially your Tangled theme ideas for your DP. I can't wait to see more as your plans unfold.

DRESS

Since this is a vow renewal I want a dress that is simple and elegant. I want just a hint of bridal, but nothing too dramatic (no train or veil). So, I went gown shopping with my friend and as it turns out- the first dress I put on seems to be the perfect fit for me!
dress 1.jpg dress 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks DisneyFirefly! We are open to all suggestions- cuz even if it doens't work for us it may help spark an idea that can work for us! Our only restriction is that it has to be in the Magic Kingdom Resort area. :)

Ah, yeah, it's in Epcot, so that wouldn't work. It's the giant male genitalia of Morocco. There's a pillar in the back of the Morocco pavilion that resembles it.

I'm not a big commenter but just want to say how much I love what your doing with just the basic memories package! I'm following :)

Ok, I keep missing everyone's journals! GRRRRRR

I know I read yours, I remember.....

Anyhow....everything looks great. Love all your ideas. And wow to really personalizing the Memories package! I'm anxious to see how everything comes together!

And yay, another Randy & Stan bride!

PLANNING KIT CHOICES

So we FINALLY sent in our planning kit. And here were the final decisions:

MUSIC

For the Bridal Party (though it's really just Paul and guests): "I See The Light" from Tangled
For the Bride: "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" from Cinderella
For the Recessional: "Spectromagic" from Disney World

FLORAL

I realized I needed to have blue because it's my favorite color. Even though I thought the Rose and Lilies bouquet was beautiful and compliments my dress well...my heart was drawn to the light blue rose and hydrangea bouquet, OH and I'm adding in 3 (my favorite number) crystal hidden Mickeys. We are also adding on a boutonniere for Paul. ...Now we are just trying to decide if we should pay the extra 60.00 to have them delivered to our resort for First Look pictures.

blue bouquet.jpg

TRANSPORTATION/ IN ROOM CELEBRATION

We decided to opt for the in room celebration (but add on the limo- I explain below)! We are also adding on the Bride and Groom Mickey Ears to the celebration package- and having "10 YEARS" embroidered on the back.

For Transportation: We are going to charter 2 one way limo trips. One from POR to Poly and one from GF to BC. The three hour charter that is included with the package just wasn't enough time for us. Since we could swap the limo for the in-room celebration or do both for an extra fee here is our reasoning for doing the 1 way charters:

We know we really want the in room celebration- and if we did both the in room celebration and the 3 hour limo it would be an additional 315.00 and we would still need transportation to our dessert party. Since we are traveling with our entire party (of 6) - we would prefer the limo since it is more conducive to conversation than the luxury vans are . Because we were already considering getting both the limo and the in- room celebration for 315.00, it seems like by opting to just do the in room celebration in the planning kit and adding on the 2 one way limo trips we can have the limo for exactly what we need it for (transportation from Port Orleans Riverside to Polynesian- then transportation from Grand Floridian to Beach Club) and pay just 70.21 more (total of 385.21 more than what is included in the standard Memories package).

OTHER STUFF

We have decided to not do any "theming" as I mentioned in previous posts. BUT we are still going to have the Grape Soda Badges for the Characters in Flight ride, The Penny for Cinderella's Wishing Well (which we will include with a welcome basket for our guests), and we are doing an "Our Adventure Book" to use as a scrap book and also to have our officiant use as his official book. We are still trying to decide if this group of guests would prefer to relax for an hour and half at Mizners or do the scavenger hunt that I mentioned before...stay tuned! :)

Last edited:
RIDE MIX-INS

I'm SUPER excited because we just got approved for a 2nd ride mix-in! YAY!!!!

Since we are holding our dessert party during extra magic hours I decided it was worth a shot to ask our event cooridinator if a 2nd ride mix in was possible. She just responded saying we are approved and all set for it!

Soarin' is our favorite ride in Epcot but since it's closed for renvoations during our event we chose:

RIDE MIX-IN #1.) Test Track (our 2nd favorite ride in Epcot)

RIDE MIX-IN #2.) Spaceship Earth (cuz it's iconic)!

Since our dessert party is at Bonsai Terrace and we have to meet our event guide at the International Gateway- and Test Track and Spaceship Earth are in different points of Future World we will basically get to walk the entire park! I'm so excited for our guests to experience this (especially the ones who haven't been to Epcot).

This is the only time on this trip we will get to be in Epcot so I am sooo sooo happy Disney is allowing us to make the most of our time there! :)

Last edited:
PERSONALIZED T-SHIRTS

We decided we wanted to let everyone know we are celebrating something special during our WDW vacation so we ordered a bunch of personalized t-shirts to wear in the parks (thank goodness for the existance of Etsy)! Our favorite is the 2nd one (blue and white baseball t-shirt with "Married Since" on the back). What do you think?

2016-04-08_15.50.49 (1).jpg 2016-04-08_15.52.13.jpg 2016-04-08_15.52.57.jpg 2016-04-08_15.53.43.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter