Our Stateroom Host Worked in a New Medium

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
On our 1/4 cruise, we had some interesting creations in our stateroom each night. Our stateroom host, Maurice, worked in a different medium...instead of towel animals, he made spare blanket animals! I have had one or two made from the blanket, but never for 7 nights straight! We asked other people, and they were getting towels, so that must be Maurice's preferred means of creation. Hubby took photos of all of them, so we will definitely beposting them on our website. They were all really neat, but the snake was the best! Anyone else ever get blanket animals?
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Originally posted by inkkognito
Anyone else ever get blanket animals?

Barb, on our May 18 cruise we got got the snake. We also got an elephant. The elephant's body was made from a blanket and the head was a towel.

We got a monkey on our first cruise.It was really cool. I can't wait to see your pictures.

We had a really big lobster w/blanket and towel......cool!:cool:

Allan made us blanket animals during our 12/14 Magic cruise. One night it was a lobster - took up the whole bed. Another time it was a king crab.

Each night there was something, either towel or blankets - Allan was quite talented.

I can't wait to see what we get! Never gotten a blanket animal. I love the towel animal more than I can say, but I'd be interest in seeing one of these blanket animals.

Tina :bounce:
Magic Western 1/18/03

Do all stateroom attendants do these animals? my kids have seen pictures of them from my past cruises but this is their first cruise, and they would be really disappointed if they didn't get them every night.

If there are some stateroom attendants that don't do them, I will prepare my kids that we might not get them.

Originally posted by kajohn

Do all stateroom attendants do these animals? If there are some stateroom attendants that don't do them, I will prepare my kids that we might not get them.

Go ahead and do that preparation. Not all stateroom attendants do these animals.

kajohn,

Not to get YOUR hopes up too high but we brought a little TY animal and they propped it each night. I've seen pictures of fun little things some of the stateroom hostess(es) sometimes do with stuffed animals. Leave a pair of sunglasses atop of the bed too. Most will put the shades on the towel animals. We've always found great hostess(es). But, we've always gone out of our way to be very accommodating and friendly with them. They've a tough job to do.

Kim

Also, be aware that they do not always do a towel animal on the first night of the 7-day cruise (not sure why, but maybe it's because they are so busy turning around the ship).
When we were at the Wilderness Lodge once, I bought a stuffed Figment, and every night he was doing somerthing new...one night he was in bed holding the remote and watching the Disney Channel, and on another he was in a shower cap and holding toiletries. As you can imagine, that maid got a good tip! We have had our sunglasses used on the towel animals, and the chocolates are also used for eyes, etc. (Maurice was a chocolate-user). It used to be hit or miss on whether we got animals, but for the last several cruises we have always gotten them. My favorite with regular towels is the peacock.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

We also had Allen and got the same blanket animals as slindamood. Additionally we had two attached cabins, often he would have different animals in the two cabins. One day he left the "snake" in our bathroom sink at midday, and we had another animal when we returned to our cabin after dinner. We were on the Halloween cruise and even got a pumpkin shaped towel. Very cute.

I don't remember which cruise we were on...but we got a huge
heart made out of a blanket with Natalie's Disney quiit and little Dalmation dog in the middle of it. It was very cute....that's the only time we've had a blanket creation.

Phyllis
:cool:

We were on the MAGIC for the Halloween Cruise too. We got a blanket snake one day with sunglasses on his face and a red electrical tie as a tongue. We put him back in the cabinet so maybe another guest would find him. We also got a peacock, Mickey logo with mints for eyes, etc. Wioletta added my TY Blue Bear to many of her arrangements.

Jan :earsgirl:

We too were on the Halloween cruise and got a cute Jack-o-lantern towel animal. I have not seen the peacock, but we got a monkey, snake, bunny rabbit, puppy dog, lobster, and another I forgot. My monkey was the BEST! It was after cozumel night and my daughter had fantasy fest beads from Key West in the room too. Our hostess, Sunni, had taken the beads and had him wearing them almost like a belt, then had him holding my Carlos & Charlie "maraca" with feathers. It was SOOOOO cute! I took a few pictures of that one--oh and he was wearing a pair of sunglasses too, he was one cool monkey!

Sue Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter