Our Super Duper Bargain Trip Report

Just catching up now! The cocktails look yum! Off to have a read of your restaurant reviews :)

Looks like a great trip, and certainly a super bargain :thumbsup2

Those mickey waffles look amazing - I could have some now :rotfl:

I love the Tangled scene in Dreams too, I always tear up at it :cloud9:

Great pics :goodvibes

what a relaxing day, and really good photos of Dreams :goodvibes.

21st March - going home day!

We woke at 8.15am, I had a little packing left to do so did that before breakfast. It was raining today - but thankfully not too bad and it stopped by 11am. Dh took the bags to the bag drop as we'd paid 11€ per room to get our backs delivered to the station - bargain! We went for breakfast around 9.30am, it was busier than I'd thought it would be but we managed to get a space. Around 9.55am they cordoned off the food area and turned the drinks machines off. After breakfast we walked to the DLP through the village. Although our time at SF had been good, I think we're ready to try a new hotel next time. Though if another offer came up at SF I'd book in an instant. I think NPB is next on our list, we've done SL and wasn't too fussed on it.

Anyway, we got to the DLP the information board as showing BTM at a 5min wait so dh and ds ran ahead and rode twice while dd and i waited at the exit. Then we made our way to Fantasyland. I took ds upstairs in the castle as I wanted to get some photos of the windows and tapestries, and view from the balcony.

After this we went and queued for the carousel, then my parents met us there. My parents offered to have dd so dh and I could take ds on some rides so off they went for a wonder. We went on the storybook ride, star tours, SM, Buzz and through the Alice maze.

As we left the maze we bumped into Alice and the Mad Hatter, though we couldn't see them properly as they'd finished their M&G and were being ushered away by their CMs. One thing I loved about the park this year was everything was in bloom, I think the weather certainly helped.

We met up with my parents and dd outside Victorias and decided to say goodbye to the park and make our way to the village for some lunch before checking in for the eurostar. We got McDonald's for lunch, popped into a few shops to buy some last minute bits and then made our way to the station.

Our eurostar was scheduled to leave at 16.45, earlier than usual due to engineering works.we arrived around 3.20pm to check in but the station was in lock down - fire engines, police, bomb squad etc! My mum doesn't deal well with security scares, she was panicking - I gave her a stern talking too as she was scaring the kids and making me on edge (brought back memories of why I'll never fly with my mum again, on a flight to Tunisia some years ago she completely panicked at some turbulence and it freaked me out so bad I can't fly with her anymore! I've since told her next time she can meet us at DLP as I'm not going on the eurostar with her again either lol) There was no staff giving out information which didn't help. I went into the foyer area next to the post office to check the screens and there was the explosion - I've never been so scared in my life! It turned out they had to do a controlled explosion on a suspect bag. Around 10 minutes later the station reopened and it was chaos. We still needed to get our bags so the men rushed ahead to get to the express desk, we followed behind as I needed to use the lift with the buggy. We were then ushered into the eurostar pre-check in area like cattle, it was awful. We did bump into Linda Robson and her family though and we had a nice chat, so that broke the atmosphere nicely :) They were slow at checking the passports and dd fell asleep while we waited. I then had to wake dd to get her to walk through the metal detector on her own and her buggy had to go through the big machine - lets just say dd was unimpressed and sobbed! Once through we found a huge, huge queue for the lift, I just didn't have the patience to wait so we bumped dd in her buggy down the steps - suitcases and all lol. It was a nightmare! I never thought I'd be so happy to get to my seat on that eurostar. We left at 17.45, a hour late.

We got back to Ebbsfleet at 7.20pm to find another long queue for passport control. It moved swiftly and I was so glad we parked at the premier parking as within minutes we were on our way! We stopped at a Sainsburys near to the station to pick up some sandwiches as we hadn't eaten since lunch. Then made our way up the M25 and M1, finally got home around 11.30pm. We all collapsed in bed, sad we were home but happy to be home safely!

The next day I unpacked this little hawl:

Close up of the Paris keyring from the lego store

So whats next? Well we're awaiting the release of 2015 beach holiday prices, then we'll decide about when we'll be visiting DLP next. If we can get a good beach deal we'll definitely be back next year - I'd love to go in October. If another deal of the century arises we'll be booked up in an instant!

Thanks for your report! Your DD is quite young, did she enjoy the trip?
Love your souviner haul!

Wow love all your purchases!! DD loves the animator dolls but I reckon she'll go for one of the IASW ones next. Thanks for sharing your lovely TR.

I don't dare do a picture of our souvenirs each time - it would scare me too much!! lol

C x

dhidra said:
Thanks for your report! Your DD is quite young, did she enjoy the trip?
Love your souviner haul!

Yes dd loved it. She loved it at 13 months old too but this time loved it even more. Shes a real character lover, I can't wait to take her back again!

Thanks to all for reading along :)

I really enjoyed your report! Thanks for sharing. I'm planning for a Sept/Oct visit and need to gather all the info I can.

Fab trip report! Thank you for sharing!

You have made me desperate to go back - Mickey Waffles!!! I made some big ones with our "free" mickey waffle maker from the cake magazine subscription. They just were not the same! :(

Love your Lego pics; especially the Cinderella one as Rosebug is getting this next week from her Uncle when he visits! It looks amazing!

Glad you had a wonderful trip, with pixie dust too! :thumbsup2

I loved reading your trip report. I must now add the mickey waffles to our list of things to do on this trip - they were on the list last time but we never got around to it and I had completely forgotten about them. :goodvibes

It's good to hear that you didn't let being ill stop you from having a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter