Our Very, Very Late Disneymoon TR!!! It's DONE!!

Ahhhhhh!!! Ok I spill!!! Soooo basically last year was possibly the hardest year we've ever been through. 10 days after our honeymoon DH lost his job, and then things just went bad! My grandma got sicked and passed, I had to take a leave from work to help my fam....Major badness! In that time when my grandma was sick and dying was poor DH's 30th birthday. I wanted SO badly to be able to do something really nice for his 30th. He never gets a big fuss made for him, or anything. So I felt so bad I couldn't do anything. His birthday is Novemeber 18th. We went to Disney our first trip in November 2007, and did MVMCP. He LOVED it! He is a HUGE Christmas nerd! So basically I started thinking, hey his birthday falls on a Thursday, we could do a long weekend trip (3 nights) and do MVMCP! So I started playing around with ressies on disneyworld.com (ASMu, Pop, etc.). About 2 weeks later or less I got the 20/30/40 pin for my dates!!! NO WAY!! So I called and booked! I got the WL CL in a honeymoon suite for like $1800 with meal plan! Then I heard from close friends that they stayed in a HM suite in WL and it was not very nice. I've been reading tons on the GF so I decided to just call and see what rooms they had on my PIN. Well sure enough they had a King Deluxe room Royal Palm Club!!!!!!!!!!! It all came to $2400, which I think is totally great! It all comes down to how much money I can secretly save til then....I hope I get to do this for him! He will CRAP!

The plan would be to take a really early flight from NY to Orlando on Thursday November 18th. We would check in and hang out in the resort, etc. Then we will hopefully head over to MK for our first night of MVMCP! I'm trying to get CRT for 5 pm so we can eat in the castle. I think he will love that on a MVMCP night.

The next day would be another hang around the resort and chill day (maybe DTD). We would do a second night of MVMCP on this night.

The next day is up in the air!! That would be for DH to decide! We could do EPCOT, DHS, MK or AK...Up to him!!

Then sadly we would take a realllllly early flight the next day. Right now the flights are $79 each way but I'm too scared to book. We'll lose so much money on the canceled airfare if God forbid we have to cancel...AHHH!! Brain overload!!! :rotfl:

AH! You ninja posted! OMG, that sounds like SUCH a good time!! I'm a big Christmas nerd too, so that's like a dream trip! See, what I would do is go ahead and book the flights on Orbitz (or whatever site it is that gives you money back if the flights go down) and then I'm sure however much money you can save by then there will be SOMETHING you can book... But then, I'm bad like that...:rolleyes1

AH! You ninja posted! OMG, that sounds like SUCH a good time!! I'm a big Christmas nerd too, so that's like a dream trip! See, what I would do is go ahead and book the flights on Orbitz (or whatever site it is that gives you money back if the flights go down) and then I'm sure however much money you can save by then there will be SOMETHING you can book... But then, I'm bad like that...:rolleyes1

:rotfl: Ninja posted!!!! Girllll you crack me up! I guess I'm just scared because of the tough year, that something unforeseen will cause me to lose all my savings. That's what has happened in the past. So I'm anxious to book airfare :confused:

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

:rotfl: Ninja posted!!!! Girllll you crack me up! I guess I'm just scared because of the tough year, that something unforeseen will cause me to lose all my savings. That's what has happened in the past. So I'm anxious to book airfare :confused:

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Gotcha. I totally understand where you're coming from, in that respect.. Well then, the prudent side of me (which doesn't come out very often, you should feel honored :rolleyes:) says that you should save as much as you can, and then cross your fingers and hope for some very awesome last-minute deals in airfare and in WDW pins. I'll cross my fingers for you too! And, I'll send you some pixie dust to boot! pixiedust: I love pixie dust!

p.s. I can't take credit for the "ninja post" I saw it on another TR (hucifer's, apparently she's been on here forever, and she's totally hysterical!) and I loved it so much, I shamelessly stole it. There, I confessed. I feel better now. :angel:

Gotcha. I totally understand where you're coming from, in that respect.. Well then, the prudent side of me (which doesn't come out very often, you should feel honored :rolleyes:) says that you should save as much as you can, and then cross your fingers and hope for some very awesome last-minute deals in airfare and in WDW pins. I'll cross my fingers for you too! And, I'll send you some pixie dust to boot! pixiedust: I love pixie dust!

p.s. I can't take credit for the "ninja post" I saw it on another TR (hucifer's, apparently she's been on here forever, and she's totally hysterical!) and I loved it so much, I shamelessly stole it. There, I confessed. I feel better now. :angel:

Well I'm glad you fessed up and now you feel better!! :rotfl: Lol!! Thanks for the fingers crossed and hopes for pixie dust!! I'm hoping and praying as well!!!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

Well I'm glad you fessed up and now you feel better!! :rotfl: Lol!! Thanks for the fingers crossed and hopes for pixie dust!! I'm hoping and praying as well!!!

:goodvibes:goodvibes

:) I'm sure you'll do fine, and he'll get the surprise of the century!! BTW... we only have a couple weeks to go!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::dance3::cool1::banana::yay: party:

:) I'm sure you'll do fine, and he'll get the surprise of the century!! BTW... we only have a couple weeks to go!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::dance3::cool1::banana::yay: party:

AHHHHH!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::banana::banana::banana::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Friday my mom and I are driving out East to the outlets! They have a DS, so I'm excited to see what they have right now. Also I need to look for some clothes for DH for the trip, and they have a Juicy outlet so I'd love to get a new Juicy suit! My fave to travel in, and lounge in but $$$ so I only buy them at the outlets lol. Yay for pre-trip shopping!! DH and I are going to compile our shopping list tonight of all the necessities. MIL works for CVS and we get to use her discount card! It rocks! :goodvibes:goodvibes

AHHHHH!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :yay::yay::yay::banana::banana::banana::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Friday my mom and I are driving out East to the outlets! They have a DS, so I'm excited to see what they have right now. Also I need to look for some clothes for DH for the trip, and they have a Juicy outlet so I'd love to get a new Juicy suit! My fave to travel in, and lounge in but $$$ so I only buy them at the outlets lol. Yay for pre-trip shopping!! DH and I are going to compile our shopping list tonight of all the necessities. MIL works for CVS and we get to use her discount card! It rocks! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Yay for shopping! I have done a little shopiing but I'm pretty sure I have enough stuff now so I'm trying to save my money for souvenir shopping! We're just going to need to pick up some necessities like sunscreen and stuff.. AHHH! Can't wait!!

Note to all: Yes, I will be continuing the TR, but I'm waiting for DH to scan some things at work before I keep posting, since one thing is kinda important to the next day! :) Hope everyone has an AWESOME weekend!

Somehow I missed a whole bunch of stuff… I'm so sorry!!! Your TR is great! I love the way that you write, and it really seems like you and your DH had an amazing trip. It makes me really happy to see 2 people having a great time, not letting anything (like the rain!) ruin your time. I am subscribing to your thread so that I don't miss any more!

Somehow I missed a whole bunch of stuff… I'm so sorry!!! Your TR is great! I love the way that you write, and it really seems like you and your DH had an amazing trip. It makes me really happy to see 2 people having a great time, not letting anything (like the rain!) ruin your time. I am subscribing to your thread so that I don't miss any more!

Aw, thank you so much! It really was an awesome trip, and writing this TR helps me relive it.. other people being along for the ride just adds to the magic. :) I'm glad that you're enjoying it, and I'm really enjoying your PJ, too! :goodvibes

Day 7 (Friday)

Well. This one is a hard one to write, since I think this might have been my favorite day of the trip. (Although, it's really hard to qualify that, since the whole entire trip was completely, magically wonderful.) We started the day by waking up early, and heading over to the Kona Cafe at the Poly for breakfast. I absolutely HAD to try Tonga Toast after hearing so much about it here on the boards. For me, it totally lived up to the hype. I fell in love with its sugary, banana-y goodness!

IMG_3961-1.jpg

DH was really happy with his pineapple macadamia nut pancakes, too. I think we'll have to head back there for breakfast, even though we have no plans for it now.

IMG_3963.jpg

After breakfast, we went to Epcot for.... the Dolphins in Depth Tour!! I have to say, I think this is the thing I was most excited about. I am a total animal lover, and I have ALWAYS wanted to be able to touch a dolphin. I have a dog and a cat at the moment, and I had horses in the past, and I swear I would have a menagerie if I could... Sorry for rambling, but suffice to say I really, really love animals! :dogdance:

Anyway, we went to Epcot, and got to go in a little bit before park opening. It was cool to walk around "backstage" with nobody there! It was a small group (there were only five of us) and we got to tour around the tank where the dolphins are, and on the other side of the same tank is where the Coral Reef restaurant is! It was the coolest thing! We got to go into the The Seas Pavilion, and sat right up front when they were doing the dolphin training demonstration. After that, we went back to the tank and changed into wetsuits (yay :rolleyes:) and got to go into the tank! We walked on a platform into the water, and it went up to about our stomachs. The CM's kept saying, "The water's so cold!" but it was actually about 70 degrees. Well, for us Michiganders who are used to frigid cold lakes in August, it felt like bath water!!

They showed us some tricks the dolphins knew, and we got to do the commands that made them do the tricks. We also got to pet them quite a bit (which was SOOO cool! They feel kinda like hard boiled eggs, but not slimy.) They're just like dogs, if they like the way you scratch them, they lean on you! :laughing: I have to say, I was definitely on :cloud9: ! Then, my absolutely absolute favorite part.. We got to take our picture with one of the dolphins!!! (His name was Malabar) They only print out the picture, it's not even an option to get it on a Photopass, so I had to wait for DH to scan them in. I had a lot of questions for the CM's but my main question was, "How do I get your job?" :laughing: The CM who was with us said that she had trained animals in other parks, and her educational background was actually in psychology. (Something to think about.. :) ) They gave us a TON of information, and we also watched a video about conservation and why it's not good to try to pet or feed dolphins in the wild. Plus, we got t-shirts, and when they found out we were on our Honeymoon, they gave us a Magical Moment certificate with the dolphin's "signatures"! I almost cried. So... (drumroll please....) Here are my favorite pics of the trip!!

Eric.jpg

Joanne.jpg

After one of the most amazing mornings of my life, DH and I wandered around the World Showcase for a while. We ended up having lunch at the Rose and Crown, which we liked a bunch. Of course, I have dessert pics! ;)

IMG_3968-1.jpg

IMG_3969-1.jpg

We explored the World Showcase some more, and got to see Aladdin and Jasmine!

IMG_3970-1.jpg

And drummers...

IMG_3971-1.jpg

And I took a fun shot of Spaceship Earth, because I love it..

IMG_3973-1.jpg

(this one was my wallpaper for a while) :goodvibes

And I finally got an awesome pic of the MK sign from the monorail!! (I wanted one the whole trip, but I kept forgetting.)

IMG_3974-1.jpg

And then we went back to the GF, where we hung out by the pool. We went to the room to get ready, because we had to shower and change for one of the most amazing evenings of my life... Dinner at Victoria and Albert's. We knew this would be a once in a lifetime opportunity, so DH and I savored absolutely every minute. It was heaven. Everything was SO amazingly delicious, that I can't put it down in words. It was perfect. We were treated like royalty. As I said, I can't even put it down into words, because words do not do it justice.

And then, after more magic than I thought could fit into a day... A little more pixie dust was sprinkled upon us. We went down to the dock to go on a Wishes Cruise. I love Wishes, and i was SO excited to see them from the lagoon! There was supposed to be another couple joining us, but... (here comes the pixie dust) they didn't show up! We had a private Wishes cruise!!! Without even planning on it!!! I never would have expected it after already having the most wondrous day ever, but there we were, on a boat, on the lagoon, with nobody but our awesome cruise pilot. He was SO entertaining, and we went around the lagoon and Bay Lake, and he kept telling us little bits of trivia, and little stories. He was so great, I had to take a pic of him!

IMG_3982.jpg

Here's some pics of us, and of MK from the lagoon..

IMG_3977-1.jpg

IMG_3984-1.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3992-1.jpg

As I said, it was the most magical day I could ever have imagined... And we only had half of a day the next day before it was time to move on to the 2nd part of our honeymoon, the drive to Key West.

I loved this instalment!! It really does sound like the most magical day ever, I can only hope that my honeymoon is so wonderful! You guys are a great couple and it is so nice to hear about all of the great things that you experienced on your trip.

And isn't wishes amazing!!! from the lagoon? Especially on your own private boat! (even if it was by accident :))

I am joining in! We are getting married on the same day you did! Its nice reading your TR. We are doing Dolphin's in depth as well and I haven't heard that many reviews.....and I am so happy to read yours! some people said it wasn't worth it. but after yours I am even MORE excited! I can't wait!! can't wait to read more.

I loved this instalment!! It really does sound like the most magical day ever, I can only hope that my honeymoon is so wonderful! You guys are a great couple and it is so nice to hear about all of the great things that you experienced on your trip.

And isn't wishes amazing!!! from the lagoon? Especially on your own private boat! (even if it was by accident :))

Aw, thanks! :goodvibes And yes, Wishes was amazing! Especially on our accidentally private boat! :laughing: I'm sure you guys are going to have just as much fun as we did, and thanks for hangin' out! ;)

I am joining in! We are getting married on the same day you did! Its nice reading your TR. We are doing Dolphin's in depth as well and I haven't heard that many reviews.....and I am so happy to read yours! some people said it wasn't worth it. but after yours I am even MORE excited! I can't wait!! can't wait to read more.

Yay, another wedding date twin!! That's so cool! It's a very good date. :thumbsup2 PrincessAllegra's anniversary is the date before ours, and on one of her TR's there's somebody else with an anniversary on the 6th. Yay for June Brides!! (I've been saying that a lot lately, it seems!) :laughing: Thanks for joining my li'l ole TR! :) I'm glad that the review of DinD was helpful to you. I think that anybody with any interest at all in dolphins, or animals in general, will absolutely love it!! I'm glad that I could add to your excitement, and I'll be thinkin' about ya on the 6th!!

Omggggggggg mama V+A's!!!!!!!! AND A PRIVATE WISHES CRUISE!!!!! HOLLA!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Ok, you guys looked gorgeous all dolled up!!! You make the cutest couple!!! Isn't V+A the BEST EVERRRRRR???!!!! I wish we could do a double date there!!!!!!! That would be like THE ultimate!!!! We did the Chef's Table on our DM which was super cool, and I've dined in the main dining room in '05. Sooooo nice in the dining room. I really would love to do that for DH some time...

On to the DOLPHINS!!!!! SO jealous!!!! You guys look so happy there! We love animals too, and that is just the coolest experience!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Omggggggggg mama V+A's!!!!!!!! AND A PRIVATE WISHES CRUISE!!!!! HOLLA!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Ok, you guys looked gorgeous all dolled up!!! You make the cutest couple!!! Isn't V+A the BEST EVERRRRRR???!!!! I wish we could do a double date there!!!!!!! That would be like THE ultimate!!!! We did the Chef's Table on our DM which was super cool, and I've dined in the main dining room in '05. Sooooo nice in the dining room. I really would love to do that for DH some time...

On to the DOLPHINS!!!!! SO jealous!!!! You guys look so happy there! We love animals too, and that is just the coolest experience!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Aw, thanks! :)V+A's would definitely be the ULTIMATE double date!! I have a feeling, though, that that was probably our once in a lifetime opportunity!! And yeah, the dolphins just rocked. :laughing: And... we're down to 9 and 8 days!!!! party: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: party:

Hey Everybody, sorry I haven't been able to update much lately, but we're headed to WDW tomorrow!!! I solemnly promise, though, that I will finish this TR before I start the next one!!! Thanks to everybody for reading, and I'll "see" you all next week!!

popcorn:: Great TR! We Disneymoooned at the GF too...our last full night there we did the same exact thing as you -- Victoria and Albert's and the fireworks cruise.....it has been almost 10 years already & we're all set to celebrate our 10 year anniversary at WDW this October and we're going on a Disney Cruise as well! Can't wait to read the rest of your TR! I'm sure you're having a great time right now in "The World"! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!