Our Wonderful “Whale of a Good Time” 9 Night Alaskan Cruise! – May 2014 w/pics – Completed!

I am resurrecting this thread to thank you for your lovely trip report. It was very helpful as we plan our first cruise *and* first trip to Alaska! Your report was beautifully written, with just the right amount of detail and pictures. Well done!

And on another note, I'm from the Phoenix area and have moved back, so it was extra fun for me to read your report. I too once did an 8th grade graduation trip to Big Surf . . . though it was MANY years ago! Really smiled when I read that detail!

Thanks again.

Hi Neighbor! :wave2: Thank you so much for reading. :flower3: I'm so glad my report was useful to you. You will love Alaska! Have a great cruise!

Thank you so much for your report--I found it after you commented on Alaska excursions. I really appreciate your advice about booking excursions on your own, I was a bit worried about it, but I think I'm going to take that route. I also appreciated your clothing advice, we are going in June and I hate to be cold, so I'm glad to hear that a fleece and rainjacket should suffice. I'm also bringing a crushable down jacket, just in case.

I'm going to read your Norway report next, who knows what we'll rebook when we're onboard!

Thank you so much for your report--I found it after you commented on Alaska excursions. I really appreciate your advice about booking excursions on your own, I was a bit worried about it, but I think I'm going to take that route. I also appreciated your clothing advice, we are going in June and I hate to be cold, so I'm glad to hear that a fleece and rainjacket should suffice. I'm also bringing a crushable down jacket, just in case.

I'm going to read your Norway report next, who knows what we'll rebook when we're onboard!

Thanks for reading. One of the reasons I write these is to help my fellow DCL fans in planning their trips. I'm so glad you got some useful information from it. Have fun planning and have a great cruise! You'll love Alaska.

I had to comment (6 years later) were were on this cruise and also saw the orcas while whale watching in Juneau! We are currently planning our next Alaska Cruise (fingers crossed for May 2022) though this one instead of being just my husband and I will be us, our 2 boys (then almost 7 and 2), my parents and my sister and her dh! 3 generations in Alaska!

I had to comment (6 years later) were were on this cruise and also saw the orcas while whale watching in Juneau! We are currently planning our next Alaska Cruise (fingers crossed for May 2022) though this one instead of being just my husband and I will be us, our 2 boys (then almost 7 and 2), my parents and my sister and her dh! 3 generations in Alaska!

Thanks for your comments. How exciting, I certainly hope that cruising will be back in 2022 and you'll be able to take your 3G cruise! We had to reschedule a European cruise from this summer to 2022.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter