Outside golf cart rental

You should really handle these comments as IM. Disney is trying to stop outside golf cart rentals and these post aren't helping.

You should really handle these comments as IM. Disney is trying to stop outside golf cart rentals and these post aren't helping.
As the "Guidelines" were recently pointed out to me (in regards to something else), an important element should be noted (as it's at the TOP of the guidelines).
"The forums are a part of Pete Werner's Unofficial Online Guide to Disney World (http://www.wdwinfo.com), also known as "The DIS". The site is owned and operated by Werner Technologies, LLC., and has no affiliations with the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries."

While these forums are mostly about Disney, they are NOT Disney. They tend to be about how to make the best of your Disney experience and to maximize your vacation, and this includes for many at the Fort, getting a decent golf cart rental whether it's the convenience of getting it from Disney or the more affordable but perhaps less convenient off site rentals.

As a final note there are whole forums devoted to Sea World, Universal Studios and Lego Land here on the DIS Boards as well.

We just rented from Kenny. We were able to just pick up our cart from another campsite, although we had to return it off site. We lost our key midweek and he met us outside Golden Oaks with a new key. He was pretty understanding. We have rented from him many times and never had an issue.

an update.... renting a golf cart for 7 days thru Wilderness Campground is costing us $439.88 including tax. and renting thru Tee Time will be $245 for the same time frame.
-with Wilderness they take your CC to hold the reservation and then will charge the cc the full amount 3 days prior to the rental date, need to cancel prior to 24 hours or they will charge you 1 day rental
-With Tee time there is a 20% non refundable deposit at time of booking. They will charge the cc the remaining balance 10 days prior to rental. if you cancel before the 10 days you will not be charged the remaining balance. They say if you cancel during the billing cycle. you will be issued a credit to use at a future date based on availability. They also gave a detailed note on how they get the golf cart to you,

Anybody got a number handy for Kenny? After reading this, I think I need to book mine for October. I'm just being lazy to look it up!

Wish I had a warm fuzzy story about renting from Kenny, unfortunately I had problems with my cart that made it unusable for a couple of days and he was not helpful. I ended up fixing the cart myself. He promised a refund of the days that I was unable to use the cart, I ended up having to dispute that amount with my credit card company, in the end it took me over a month to get the refund. Overall the cart we got was old, beat up and poorly maintained.

Anybody got a number handy for Kenny? After reading this, I think I need to book mine for October. I'm just being lazy to look it up!

Kenny also has a website for his business, Tee Time Golf Carts, that you can find with Google. They have a "Make Reservation" link on it and they also FaceBook.

Generally you have contact with a lady named Kelly regarding scheduling, payment, etc. We used Tee Time this past January with no trouble.

Disney does not allow golf cart delivery in the FW parking lot (which Tee Time used to do) but Disney does not prevent their customers from going off property and bringing a rental unit themselves into the Fort. That is permitted by Disney's current rules. To stop that, you would have to stop allowing privately owned golf carts from coming into the Fort and that ain't gonna happen.

Bama Ed

Kenny also has a website for his business, Tee Time Golf Carts, that you can find with Google. They have a "Make Reservation" link on it and they also FaceBook.

Generally you have contact with a lady named Kelly regarding scheduling, payment, etc. We used Tee Time this past January with no trouble.

Disney does not allow golf cart delivery in the FW parking lot (which Tee Time used to do) but Disney does not prevent their customers from going off property and bringing a rental unit themselves into the Fort. That is permitted by Disney's current rules. To stop that, you would have to stop allowing privately owned golf carts from coming into the Fort and that ain't gonna happen.

Bama Ed
Reservation made! Thanks everyone

Does Kenny have the 6 person cart and any idea what the cost would be? Also any idea how long it would be? We have an 8ft bed on the truck. Or does Kenny have a trailer to borrow to get the cart to FW?

Does Kenny have the 6 person cart and any idea what the cost would be? Also any idea how long it would be? We have an 8ft bed on the truck. Or does Kenny have a trailer to borrow to get the cart to FW?
I believe he has a very Limited number of 6 passenger models best bet would be to call and ask about avail and cost if your vehicle can't get the cart from pick up/drop off location he will allow you to borrow his

To stop that, you would have to stop allowing privately owned golf carts from coming into the Fort and that ain't gonna happen. Bama Ed

I'm not so sure about this. If Disney knows/predicts that other campers without golf carts would offset the loss of those that want to bring their own cart, I think they would consider mandating all carts be rented. It's a tough pill to swallow, but I imagine they are seeing this as a way to increase revenue.

I'm not so sure about this. If Disney knows/predicts that other campers without golf carts would offset the loss of those that want to bring their own cart, I think they would consider mandating all carts be rented. It's a tough pill to swallow, but I imagine they are seeing this as a way to increase revenue.

At the rate Disney is increasing their rates, this will not happen. In fact, they are forcing people's hands and making them rent more off property carts due to people not being able to afford Disney's carts because they have to make up for the increasing nightly rates on the sites.

I personally know of 3 families that have done just that: Stopped renting from Disney and started using off site golf cart rentals. They used to talk the praises of Disney's carts, but they had no choice but to try and make up for the exploding nightly rates and saved some of this money by getting off site rentals. Disney is actually messing themselves up on this, as they could block all personal carts and make you rent from them, but with their near $70 a day rate people would just simply bring their bikes or walk. Disney could make more overhead if they decreased their rental rates and prevented personal carts, thus making it more affordable and equaling more rentals which would ultimately equal more money...

They could take a lesson from Little Debbie on this one...

Help me understand how Disney might implement a ban on personal golf carts, hertamaniac. Not picking at you, simply asking how it might work.

It would require a physical inspection of trailers (toy haulers can have lots of goodies like a GC rolled into their interior). So Cast Members would act like the US Border Patrol looking for contraband Cuban cigars?

You would have to carry proof of ownership of the GC (a bill of sale? state registration if it's road rated?) to show it actually belongs to you. "Papers, please".

If you forget your bill of sale, what do you do with your golf cart now that you've driven in from Timbuktu? Where would you put it?

What's to prevent someone from driving in through the gate by the overflow lot courtesy of your Magic Band towing a golf cart? You know, Disney used to have a guard shack on Vista Boulevard near the corner of the overflow lot who would turn away non-service or non-Disney vehicles or guests without on-site dashboard passes and tell them to drive to their respective park or MK Toll Booths to pay to park. But people cost money and it's been down for years (they made a business judgement that the staffing cost exceeded the perceived lost parking revenue). So now they would have to pay to staff/guard the overflow gate to stop any golf carts coming through.

Non-Disney golf carts have been driving around the Fort literally for decades. They're going to be driving around it for future decades. (however, I do wish they would enforce a few GC rules like no kids behind the wheel of ANY GC on property. In other words, any golf cart operated on WDW roads at all has to be driven by a licensed driver).

The above is simply my opinion.

Bama Ed

Help me understand how Disney might implement a ban on personal golf carts, hertamaniac. Not picking at you, simply asking how it might work. Bama Ed

I do not interpret this as picking on me at all. I am definitely not saying I am pro-only Disney GC. What I am saying is that this potential "loophole" has the possibility of being exploited in the name of resort revenue.

I also do not pretend to know how this can be implemented, partially or holistically. But, I can envision a couple of scenarios:

1) Indicate that all offsite GC are prohibited on literature/online/check-in.

Or....

2) A separate off-site GC parking/resort permit would need to be purchased and displayed. A violation may result in towing/removal. Ownership proof would be extremely difficult, if not practically, impossible to track. But, personally I would be pretty fearful if my GC was parked at say the marina and I come back to an empty spot after a day at the parks, etc.

Please no hate responses as I am not taking a position on this.

If they did away with private GC's they are gonna need to put on more Fort transportation. Lots of it. This would cost WDW $. Maybe that's why they don't do this.

I guess anything is possible, Disney could stop people from bringing GC onto their property, but being naive, I would think that would bring more of a headache for them and the back lash would hurt them in the long run.. my two cents

Disney 'could', but not sure they 'would' ban personal carts. They like to look the other way when guests break rules, rather than 'upset' them!! That's why we've seen larger/faster than allowed, underage reckless drivers, etc. etc.

We have been to lots of campgrounds (will be at one in Oct.) that do not allow personal carts. Their rules are clearly stated at check in, and breaking them can mean immediate vacating of premises with no refunds.

Now, would Disney do that at this point - highly doubtful with their record of not enforcing their own rules, but they could! Would be terrible if something happened to shock them into keeping things safer. Definitely nothing personal against anyone bringing their own - but have seen some that definitely don't fit the criteria.

There has to be one or two who think rules do no apply to them! They are special...Drives me nuts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter