Ovations of the Sea & Excursion with scooter questions

nickle831

Mouseketeer
I have posted on another message board, but I did not get any replies so I brought it here hopefully you all can help.

We are taking an Alaskan cruise June 2020. We may be renting a scooter for my MIL because of some heart health issues. She will have her own room. Will a scooter fit in her room (Balcony, rm 6580)? I figure since she isn't sharing the room with anyone she shouldn't have any issues parking the scooter in her room and still being able to walk around the room without blocking the exits.

I have also been looking at excursions that are HA. I have found a boat tour that is accommodating for scooters in Juneau. Are there any tour companies that go the the Mendenhall Glacier that can accommodate the scooter for the transportation to the glacier?
TIA

I do know Royal (not sure about all ships but I would imagine Ovation is one of them) offers some accessible rooms with wider doors. The standard door frame size is 23 or 24" wide (cant remember) and the accessible rooms are like 34". The one time I traveled with my grandmother, (Liberty) she did not have an accessible room but hers did not fit and it was stored in the hallway (deck 8). Id definitely suggest calling or emailing Royal Access Department (special_needs@rccl.com) (866) 592-7225 to be sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts